**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can we get an update on mastery loadouts?

RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
Mastery loadouts have been overdue for years at this point. I would love to run suicides with certain champs but some of my favorite champions aren't suicide friendly at all. The cost of switching back and forth is just too daunting for me to unlock the rest of them atm.

@Kabam Miike is there anyway we can get an update on when feature is coming, and when to expect it? I feel like it is one of the most important features coming to the game.

Comments

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Said this in the other thread about this today, nowhere in anything that they've said so far did they even hint at there not being costs associated even once we do have presets/loadouts. This seems to be something everyone assumes will be the case but I honestly don't know why considering basically every monetization decision they've made

I think it's the wishful thinking in us all lol. I'd refer you to my post as to the why I believe it should be free while the realist in me is sat thinking you're probably closer to the reality. I just think that it's such a clunky system and changing your set up for units just seems wrong, unlocking them, sure but the fact a full switch can cost close to £5 is just a bit silly IMO.
    I definitely don't disagree with anything you've said 😂. I just think that if the end goal was to make switching not cost anything, they could have just done that with the current system until the new one is ready. As that hasn't happened, I have zero expectations for free swaps as a permanent thing regardless of presets/loadouts personally.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

There are so many things they could with masteries but I'd settle for either recovery of a specific mastery and it's related masteries or partition the recovery is a particular section eg. attack into different sectors. I know most of y'all want preset and all, or something that will be cheaper or almost free but it doesn't look like they'll ever do it. While you wait for something that may never come why not have something that's better than what we already have and reduce both the cost and time by just a bit. Honestly, I'd settle for this:
    What I meant is this
    - Option1: If it's "recoil" you want to recover, tap on it and have the option to recover the points but since it's related to "liquid courage" and "double edge", you'd have to recover those first if you have points in them. You worked your way backwards. So instead of recovery the entire attack section you can recover individual masteries and it's related masteries if that makes sense. The benefit is you don't have to recovery everything only to put the same points back into some of the masteries, your issues weren't with them in the first place.
    - Option 2: Partition each mastery page into sector and you can recover by sectors, minimum requirements still applies and is factor into the partition. This will be better explain in a pic, see below:

I will be content with just this. I don't think Kabam is ready to give up on all the units that goes into mastery change and adjustment.

Agreed
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    A flexible mastery setup will mean a lot for most players.
    - cost reductions very obvious. Have you ever made a mistake putting more points in a particular than you planned to only to have to recover everything and start over. You know the feeling. I think we’ve paid enough already into unlocking them, some we’re still yet to unlock.
    - we’ll have easier access to using most of the champs we love. Not only that, we get to explore certain champions and maybe find out there’s more to them than meet the eye. And we’re able to do this ourselves, not watch someone’s video.
    - Kabam tries to encourage meta shift and change with nodes, etc. Have you considered, giving us a flexible mastery system might contribute to that as well.
    - Why spend time to design champions, highlight to us their recommended mastery but lock our abilities to enjoy them and explore behind a rigid and primitive mastery system.
    - we’ll be happy and some us may turn pro-Kabam. Just gives us a reasonable mastery change system. You don’t have to make it free Kabam, but it shouldn’t be this way to enjoy enjoy the champions to recollect.
    Anything time I make changes to mastery, I have this sick feeling…can’t wrap my head around the game coming this far in complexity, so many champs, nodes and interactions yet the mastery change stays rigid, archaic and costly (it adds up if you don’t know). To enjoy Omega Red, I have to spend units to do so. Now to enjoy Prof. X same spend units, some masteries the put the same points back in…this is strange. Pls change this Kabam!
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    It's like alliance bases
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    A potential compromise would be to have the cost of switching them out be free on select/rotating days, the frequency of which to be determined. The same way class crystals rotate, so maybe one day a week or 2 weeks etc however
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    I’ve been waiting on an update on this since @DorkLessons did his interview with Kabam in I think February 2019.

I think this will go into the pile of posts that Kabam read but ignore, hoping it goes away.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    It would be nice to have this before battle grounds goes live because not everyone will run sucides in that game mode where as people need it for daily questing and arena.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

A potential compromise would be to have the cost of switching them out be free on select/rotating days, the frequency of which to be determined. The same way class crystals rotate, so maybe one day a week or 2 weeks etc however

That's a horrible idea lol
    Its better than nothing? You cant expect them to just flat out make it free?
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 788 ★★★
    No cost masteries is my biggest want in game. I’ve run suicides for years, and over time I realized I just needed to rank up who I could use with them. I could probably count the times I’ve used my sig 200 void on one hand.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    could you at least remove the cost of units when distributing the points? I already unlocked the masteries, I understand that creating a pre-set system might take some time, but while it doesn't come, it would be great not having to spend 1000 units per aw season just changing proficiencies