**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Namor in the current meta

mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I've never really used Namor because by the time I pulled him as a 5* I was already focused ranking 6*.

I finally have a 6* now, and I can take him to r3 max sig to get his full utility.

But is he still worth it?? I have a 6r3 Falcon who can handle a lot of those annoying champs through his defensive AAR, and the mutant class is so stacked with monsters (I have a lot of them at r3 already).

So, is Namor worth it still, or has the sun finally set on him? And I'm not in a prestige race.

Thoughts on Namor in the current meta 46 votes

Take him to R3 max sig
58%
FrnkieloxNigSpity68mmmbanyasKDoggg2017Ech238Cap366TheAngryOneStevieManWonderMother_FlerkenDeaconLeathersmw2017TRONG94_coloAMS94FiiNCHKapKamot3R1s02SkyLord7000Chatterofforums 27 votes
Let him collect dust
41%
zuffyTerraSw0rdMasterdamianohmMiStaLovaDarkEternityH3t3rIcy000PolygonSteel_Ball_RunDestroy4589Vedant_MehtalaxtheRiptideElwindReal_Madrid_76_2TheBoogyManwillrun4adonutWozzle007 19 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    He's better than falcon those matchups, because opponents can be immune to aar, also his damage reflect reflects literally all damage, so he's not just good for electro/korg

But is he worth the sigs? It's more of a personal choice. His damage cycle is rather tedious compared to other top mutants like profX or Kitty Pryde. He is a good prestige champ so the sigs will not be wasted.

It comes down to how often you think you will use him. If you like him and play him relatively often then yeah, go for it, he is certainly worth sig200
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Take him to R3 max sig
    Fr the most time he'll be on the bench collecting dust, but he's one of those champs who is occassionally very useful once or twice a year
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Let him collect dust
    I think he’s be fine at rank 2. He’s fallen off the meta a lot, but still a great champ
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    Let him collect dust
    I have him max sig at R2. Rarely use him. The t5c is better used for another mutant imo.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

I have a 5/65 sig200 Namor that sits on the bench 99.9% of the time. However, when that 0.1% time comes around I would not want to have anyone but Namor for it. His nerf neutered him and should be reversed, but I firmly believe that everyone should have a 5/65 sig200 or a 6r2 sig200 in their roster.

Same here wrt to time spent on bench, but mine is sig 200 rank 4 5-Star.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Let him collect dust
    Ok so I’m in that little in between area. I would most likely never R3 Max sig a Namor despite loving him. He’s a huge investment that doesn’t pay off if you’ve finished Act 6 100%. If this was a R5 5* it would be another story, because his utility between R3 and R5 doesn’t change. I’ve adored mine for forever but there has been no reason to use him as of late. I would say if he starts gaining traction again it would be a better decision. Currently there are many many more champs worth the sig 200.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Let him collect dust
    Malreck04 said:

He's better than falcon those matchups, because opponents can be immune to aar, also his damage reflect reflects literally all damage, so he's not just good for electro/korg

But is he worth the sigs? It's more of a personal choice. His damage cycle is rather tedious compared to other top mutants like profX or Kitty Pryde. He is a good prestige champ so the sigs will not be wasted.

It comes down to how often you think you will use him. If you like him and play him relatively often then yeah, go for it, he is certainly worth sig200

Namor only reflects the damage on those though, theres times where you want to prevent their defensive abilities from actually triggering. Namors reflect damage back has been extremely niche, meanwhile falcon has heaps of uses
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Let him collect dust
    Namor has been forgotten after his change unfortunately
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Let him collect dust
    Not worth it. He has some niche uses but nothing outside it. You're better off saving the sig stones and ag
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Take him to R3 max sig
    I honestly think namor has become underrated since his ‘nerf’. It’s seems the given acceptance that his utility is too niche and his damage takes too long without a big payoff.

I have a rank 3 sig 200 6*. I can’t remember the last time I went to 30 outrage charges in a fight. I know it’s a rank 3, but triggering outrage at 15 stacks usually gives me enough burst damage to finish most fights.

By the time I’ve reached a sp2, I’m usually at or around 15, so I don’t really understand this ‘ramp up is too long’ argument.

I’ve found namor useful is so many places - AW/AQ/EQ/ act 6/act 7.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Take him to R3 max sig
    The question is "Do you value being able to reflect any form of damage?"
    If the answer is "Yes" then Namor is the best at doing so.
    If the answer is "No" then you rank up a different champ.

You could always kick that can down the road until you reach a fight you absolutely need Namor for, then decide if ranking the 5* appeals to you more bcuz its less of an investment.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★

The question is "Do you value being able to reflect any form of damage?"
    If the answer is "Yes" then Namor is the best at doing so.
    If the answer is "No" then you rank up a different champ.

You could always kick that can down the road until you reach a fight you absolutely need Namor for, then decide if ranking the 5* appeals to you more bcuz its less of an investment.

This is kind of where my mind is at right now.

The resources to r3 him aren't a big deal, but I feel like taking him to r3 would be wasted without his full max sig utility. That's the tougher pill to swallow right now, cause he's only at sig 40 currently, so it would be an investment of 160 stones, and they're still kind of rare right now.