**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My issue with the gift

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
I swear I remember this card being advertised as a pick your own thing from a selection of different gifts. It's weird to give this specific item that only gives one thing, instead of just giving that one thing to the players

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    I guess there's gotta be something to complain about, it's not the actual free gift just how it was delivered!
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Man, Christmas at home must have sucked for your parents. I can imagine the look of disappointment in their faces when you reacted to what you got.

- Could have got nothing
    - Should have got nothing
    - Got a sweet free gift anyway.

Lucky you.

My issue is not with the gift, but the handful of people who feel compelled to complain about it.

Merry Christmas.
    edited December 2021
    I did. There is literally nothing to complain about. Not the gift, or how it was made available. Sorry, it's Christmas and all these complaint threads, regardless of the message, just bother me.

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    probably so if someone got to the next progression level (ie UC to Cav) before the store expired they could claim the cav gift instead of taking the UC one.

I did. There is literally nothing to complain about. Not the gift, or how it was made available. Sorry, it's Christmas and all these complaint threads, regardless of the message, just bother me.

I am fine with my gift, no complaints, but I can see how we thought there we’re gonna be choices. Why call it a store if there’s nothing to choose from? Just give us the gift. Weird.
    Does it really matter how they chose to give it to us? Do you question a gift when it's a surprise or not, when it's , wrapped, or in a bag or just given in the original package?

Maybe they thought it would be fun, or needed to try something out for a future situation so this was a good place to? Doesn't really matter, it was indeed under the store tab. A

Problem with these events are people with built up expectations that people create in their head. Did anyone open a ticket and clarify beforehand, or just start building up their hopes?

Nowhere in the announcement does it say anything about getting a choice.
  • I did. There is literally nothing to complain about. Not the gift, or how it was made available. Sorry, it's Christmas and all these complaint threads, regardless of the message, just bother me.

I am fine with my gift, no complaints, but I can see how we thought there we’re gonna be choices. Why call it a store if there’s nothing to choose from? Just give us the gift. Weird.
    They called it a store because it was literally in an in-game store.

And the gift ticket does offer a choice, just not the one some players were guessing about. For players near a progression boundary the gift store offers a choice between redeeming now, or leveling up and redeeming afterwards. There's plenty of information out there as to what the gifts are for each progression tier, so a player near the boundary could decide which one they preferred and aimed for that one.

If they just handed players the gift, there would be no way to know whether to push to the next progression tier or not, because there would be no way to know what the choices were. With the gift ticket, there's now a choice possible, if you're close enough.

The alternative is to use the same progression trigger that's been used for other progression triggered rewards, but I suspect that as these progression tiered rewards get increasingly larger Kabam wants to start weaning players off of trying to double up.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    People misread it and were hoping for multiple choice options but that's not the case
  • Jdollar77Jdollar77 Posts: 65

I guess there's gotta be something to complain about, it's not the actual free gift just how it was delivered!

No, the actual gift sucked too, if you were anything but thronebreaker
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I honestly agree. I read it absolutely wrong the first time as well. The mistake was not taking into account what connotation there is with a “gift card.” Most people get gift cards when someone really can’t decide what to get them, but sort of vaguely understand what kind of store they are into, and choose to just offer the person some flexibility.

They could have gone with gift token, or similar. I know “gift card” has some holiday appeal, but it was always going to cause confusion.

Still liked my gift!!!
  • C-can I get a do over or maybe an r2 gem like all the cavs I don’t want this toy
    Real talk though free is free but I do wish id gotten an option to take something less chance based like 10% selector or something
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

C-can I get a do over or maybe an r2 gem like all the cavs I don’t want this toy
    Real talk though free is free but I do wish id gotten an option to take something less chance based like 10% selector or something

What's wrong with Jubilee?
  • C-can I get a do over or maybe an r2 gem like all the cavs I don’t want this toy

Jubilee is fun and may be my next mutant r3
  • IllusionaryIllusionary Posts: 43
    In all fairness, the gift was actually very lacklustre for Thronebreakers. Before you immediately judge me for being 'ungrateful' please read my points below and understand my grievances, and if you wouldn't mind, take my word that I'm usually the last person to complain over free stuff.

Alright, so for starters, let's evaluate the gift specifically compared to past years. This year, the gift was 20 6* sig stone crystals and a 6* nexus. Last year, the gift was 20 6* sig stone crystals, a 1-2 rank up gem crystal, and 10% of a T5CC. Frankly, I'd argue for later TBs that the gift last year was superior, as we no longer need to build out our 6* rosters nearly as much, and would frankly prefer the guaranteed value of a rank up gem. Just for the sake of it however, let's run with the very generous assumption that a basic nexus is a bit better than a class 1-2 gem. Given how much the game has progressed in the past year, how has the package either only gotten very slightly better, or has even gotten worse?

I'm in the process of writing a longer thread that includes concrete evidence to back-up my arguments, so I would really appreciate if you guys gave that a read when it's published, and discuss my points/your disagreements in a civil manner below.