**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iron Fist Buff Concept

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
After an inspiring conversation with @BitterSteel and @Ercarret , I decided to try my hand at a new buff concept for Iron Fist. We have also agreed to collaborate on a concept together next month, but for now, I will post my solo attempt.

The idea was to combine Chi, the power of the Iron Fist, and martial arts styles and matching synergies into his kit in a seamless, reasonable and accessible way.

Hope you like it and please leave your thoughts below.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Passive:
Immune to Armour Break and Armour Shatter

Chi mechanics:
Gain 3 Chi Charges when intercepting the opponent
Gain 2 Chi Charges when punishing a Heavy or Special
Gain 2 Chi Charges when striking a Stunned opponent
Gain 1 Chi Charges when performing a Dodge or Well Timed Block
Max Chi charges: 30

Accessing the Iron Fist:
Chi Charges are converted into an Iron Fist passive, 0.6 seconds per Chi charge
(Chi charges cannot be gained while in Iron Fist mode)

Fourth Light Attack: spend 5 Chi charges to gain a non-stacking Energize buff, increasing Combat Power Rate by 25% for 8 seconds

Heavy Attacks:
Inflict a non-stacking Slow debuff for 5 seconds, reducing Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%

Special Attacks:
If at 30 Chi charges, enter Iron Fist mode
All strikes pause Iron Fist mode

Special 1 Attack - Tiger Form:
Inflict an Armour break on the opponent, reducing Armour rating by 575 for 15 seconds. Max stacks 3.
Gain 3 Chi Charges
Iron Fist: Each strike Neutralizes the opponent for 2.5 seconds.

Special 2 Attack - Dragon Form:
Each Chi Charge increases this Attack by +175
Iron Fist: Deal Direct Damage equal to 40% of each strike

Special 3 Attack - Crane Form:
Drains 10% of one bar of Power
Iron Fist: Reduce opponent Defensive Combat Power Rate by 25%

Sig ability:
Max Chi Charges increased to 40 (sig 1)
Chi Charges duration increased from 0.6-1.2 seconds (sig 1-200)
Incoming debuffs are reduced in duration by 10-50% (sig1-200)

Synergies:

True Tiger Form - with Tigra
Special 1 Attack is Unblockable

True Dragon Form - with KP, Dragon Man and Sauron
Special 2 Attack deals an additional 20% Direct Damage per strike

True Crane Form - with DH, Falcon and Vulture
Special 3 Attack drains one bar of Power, and Power Locks the opponent for 5 seconds

Defenders - with DDHK, Elektra, Luke Cage
Gain +60% bleed and poison resistance

Heroes for Hire - with Luke Cage
Gain +10% Attack

Expert Martial Artists - with Shang-Chi
IF - increase Slow to 10 seconds
Solo

Comments

• Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited December 2021
    Does he get to keep his Heavy Nullify?

I feel maybe the Iron Fist could cause Stagger...?

...oh, I missed the Neutralise

I forget what that does
  • Options

Does he get to keep his Heavy Nullify?

I feel maybe the Iron Fist could cause Stagger...?

...oh, I missed the Neutralise

I forget what that does

It reduces Buff AAR by 100%
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I always wanted some positive aspects from Iron Fist's chi like purifying debuffs on himself or even either burst or passive Regen.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    if he doesnt get overall i am just happy if they add all his synergies to base add sig ability to base , n add new sig ability -
    "glowing fist/gun " tht works like massacre's bat that inflicts armor breaks on each hit,stagger/ nulify buffs n
    and combine both to inflict either Long enervate or strong supression
  • Options
    Kalantak said:

if he doesnt get overall i am just happy if they add all his synergies to base add sig ability to base , n add new sig ability -
    "glowing fist/gun " tht works like massacre's bat that inflicts armor breaks on each hit,stagger/ nulify buffs n
    and combine both to inflict either Long enervate or strong supression

Tbh he needs the overhaul - Iโ€™m afraid adding his synergies to his kit wonโ€™t be enough because theyโ€™re all centered around ABs only. He needs more utility to survive imo or a stronger Nullify mechanic and yeah, a new sig that does something else entirely.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Not a bad job @Rookiie, not a bad job at all.

I like the Iron Fist mode and the way it adds an additional layer to specials. I'm all for good kits that don't need 15 pages of detail. Hyperion is the perfect example of a kit that doesn't need a Debuff because it's aged so well. Magik is another one.

Nice job on the synergies as well - feel very much 'in character'. I'm glad the Defenders are reflected in a synergy and there is a special synergy for Luke Cage.
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Not a bad job @Rookiie, not a bad job at all.

I like the Iron Fist mode and the way it adds an additional layer to specials. I'm all for good kits that don't need 15 pages of detail. Hyperion is the perfect example of a kit that doesn't need a Debuff because it's aged so well. Magik is another one.

Nice job on the synergies as well - feel very much 'in character'. I'm glad the Defenders are reflected in a synergy and there is a special synergy for Luke Cage.

Thanks @Chobbly ! Glad you like it!
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 โ˜…โ˜…
    Pretty cool kit
    But numbers seem kinda underwhelming
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Pretty cool kit
    But numbers seem kinda underwhelming

Actually my last edit was a nerf.
    +175 Attack per Chi charge gives you +7000 Attack rating per hit on the SP2 when IF is Awakened. Bring Luke Cage on the team and thatโ€™s +7700 Attack.

Edit: thereโ€™s also direct damage to deal when youโ€™ve accessed the Iron Fist, with synergies thatโ€™s 60% direct damage per hit of the SP2.

To put things into perspective, DDHK gains a Fury buff of +2800, and hitting an SP2 gives you about 48k of damage over 3 hits.

This is more than double of that, with direct damage too. Youโ€™re talking about 211k SP2 with IF awakened + Dragon Form and Heroes for Hire synergies.

Edit 2: Iโ€™m assuming his SP2 is 3 hits. So that gives you 44k per hit and 26k direct damage per hit.
  • Options
    I like it, but the chi charges on hitting stunned enemies are a little OP. I can hit an enemy 3 times with max parry max stupefy, so I would gain 7 charges every 3 hits if I wanted to. I would change it to 1 chi charge when hitting a stunned opponent. Also is the attack rating boost based off of a r5 5*? Besides that, I think you did a great job with this!
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

I like it, but the chi charges on hitting stunned enemies are a little OP. I can hit an enemy 3 times with max parry max stupefy, so I would gain 7 charges every 3 hits if I wanted to. I would change it to 1 chi charge when hitting a stunned opponent. Also is the attack rating boost based off of a r5 5*? Besides that, I think you did a great job with this!

I was so close to removing it. I had actually started to delete it before deciding to keep it.
    Frankly speaking, it was a last minute addition. And although I felt like it was too much, I wanted to give players a way to ramp him up quickly if the AI was being passive.
    I really appreciate your feedback on this point, itโ€™s what I was looking for. 1 charge is probably more than enough and a good way to balance it. Maybe even 1 charge per stun.
    Yes, based on a 5-star 5/65.
    Thanks so much for the kind words too!
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Pretty snazzy. As a new owner of a 6* IF, I support this buff lol (but also it feels more or less balanced)
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    My question is do we differentiate the animations between Immortal Iron Fist and regular Iron Fist or not because he's a trophy champ?
  • Options

My question is do we differentiate the animations between Immortal Iron Fist and regular Iron Fist or not because he's a trophy champ?

I feel like we will get new animations and VFX for the regular Iron Fist.
    Kabam John did say they want to give the OGs some new art and I feel like Iron Fist falls into that category.
    As for trophy champs - Iโ€™m looking at my 5-star Thanos and Iโ€™m like ๐Ÿ˜ what do I do with this?
    I hope IIF, Thanos and Kang get some work in the future. Animations, VFX, new kit, synergies, the lot.
  • Options
    Iโ€™d like to re-balance the following (woops, I have become Kabam):

Chi mechanics:
    Gain 3 Chi Charges when intercepting the opponent
    Gain 3 Chi Charges when punishing a Heavy or Special
    Gain 1 Chi Charge when striking a Stunned opponent (per stun)
    Gain 1 Chi Charge when performing a Dodge or Well Timed Block

Special 1 Attack - Tiger Form:
    Inflict an non-stacking Armour break on the opponent, reducing Armour rating by 750 for 20 seconds.

The SP1 shouldnโ€™t take the focus away from the SP2, so it doesnโ€™t need to be too big and the ABs shouldnโ€™t stack. The focus of the ABs is primarily to give IF more utility against champs like Ghost and Mysterio - and damage-wise should function as a small boost to the SP2.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Rookiie said:

I feel like we will get new animations and VFX for the regular Iron Fist.
    Kabam John did say they want to give the OGs some new art and I feel like Iron Fist falls into that category.
    As for trophy champs - Iโ€™m looking at my 5-star Thanos and Iโ€™m like ๐Ÿ˜ what do I do with this?
    I hope IIF, Thanos and Kang get some work in the future. Animations, VFX, new kit, synergies, the lot.
    I like Thanos's "beam from the face" Sp1 and his Sp3, but he does feel a bit old.

And I don't even have him yet...

Anyway, seeing Iron Fist actually using the Iron Fist when attacking could bring interesting visuals.
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 โ˜…โ˜…
    His damage even right now isn't worst part about him
    Main problem with him is he doesn't have any meaningful utility other than nullify on heavies and armour breaks
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited December 2021
    Good job @Rookiie

Iโ€™d like to see him gain Chi charges while charging a heavy (like channeling - kinda like Prof X).

While Meditating (charging heavy) he leaves his physical body returning to Kun Lun in his ethereal form gaining 1 Chi per second.

During meditation his body is in the ancestral dimension and Iron Fist gains an โ€œetherealโ€ buff until the heavy charge is completed (cool down 8 seconds). An โ€œethereal buffโ€ causes all opponent attacks to miss (each miss grants an additional Chi charge).

Once the ethereal buff expires (or heavy charge ends) Iron Fist returns to his body with newly acquired Chi and wisdom and gains a Fury buff increasing attack rating by 245 for each Chi charge lasting 12 seconds.

Something like that
  • Options

Good job @Rookiie

Iโ€™d like to see him gain Chi charges while charging a heavy (like channeling - kinda like Prof X).

While Meditating (charging heavy) he leaves his physical body returning to Kun Lun in his ethereal form gaining 1 Chi per second.

During meditation his body is in the ancestral dimension and Iron Fist gains an โ€œetherealโ€ buff until the heavy charge is completed (cool down 8 seconds). An โ€œethereal buffโ€ causes all opponent attacks to miss (each miss grants an additional Chi charge).

Once the ethereal buff expires (or heavy charge ends) Iron Fist returns to his body with newly acquired Chi and wisdom and gains a Fury buff increasing attack rating by 245 for each Chi charge lasting 12 seconds.

Something like that

DUDE! That was the initial idea for the sig ability! If the charge cap was increased beyond 50 then yes that would make sense! But awesome ideas!
    Also that ethereal concept reminds me of Strange in his Astral form! Super cool!
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Good job @Rookiie

Something like that

DUDE! That was the initial idea for the sig ability! If the charge cap was increased beyond 50 then yes that would make sense! But awesome ideas!
    Also that ethereal concept reminds me of Strange in his Astral form! Super cool!
    Thanks. Manipulate that into something that fits into your design.

I like the DDHK synergy idea

Just saying ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 โ˜…โ˜…
    edited December 2021
    Why isnโ€™t Iron Fist a #metal champ ๐Ÿ™„ ugh
  • Options
    Cain said:

His fists arenโ€™t actually metal, are they?

He channels his Chi and harnesses all that power into his fist making it more powerful - hence the โ€œIron Fistโ€.

Or do I have that all wrong?
  • Options

Cain said:

His fists arenโ€™t actually metal, are they?

He channels his Chi and harnesses all that power into his fist making it more powerful - hence the โ€œIron Fistโ€.

Or do I have that all wrong?

I believe they were being sarcastic.