**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

DDHK is bugged - and it could be a pro-player bug

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
edited December 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Today, I finally managed to get my hands on Peni Parker. I got her at a useable rarity with my first batch of 10, and then popped 20 more in vain. Such is the dedication I have to getting the best out of DDHK - a dedication matched by and shared with @FluffyPigMonster , @Chobbly and @Terra .

But I digress.

Today, we are back with a new thread on DDHK and we bring you peculiar results from the Field Trip synergy with Peni Parker.

Now before we dive in, here’s a refresher for those of you who can’t recall or don’t have the information to continue:

1) Righteous Wrath gives DDHK a 35% chance to inflict 120% Direct Damage on the opponent from basic attacks.
2) DDHK can get Righteous Wrath from his SP3 (70 seconds) and his synergy with Peni Parker (8 seconds).

I was curious to see how the Righteous Wrath mechanic from his SP3 interacts with the one in her synergy - and it turns out they stack.

But here’s what I didn’t expect:
Sometimes, the damage also stacks! What does that mean? It means that sometimes, DDHK deals 240% Direct Damage from his basic attacks instead of the usual 120%.

Screenshots with 2x Righteous Wrath passives and 120% Direct Damage dealt:

Screenshots with 2x Righteous Wrath passives and 240% Direct Damage dealt:

Before we move forward, let us denote the Righteous Wrath from the SP3 as RWSP3 and the one from the synergy as RWSYN.

Now, what do the screenshots tell us?

ANTI-PLAYER BUG scenario:
Do RWSP3 and RWSYN proc independently of each other? If the answer yes, it could explain why the Direct Damage is sometimes 120% and sometimes converges into 240%.
But here’s where things don’t make any sense: They are the SAME MECHANIC and they STACK. And to be very straightforward, mechanics that STACK should never proc independently of each other. This smells like a bug to me, and if it was working properly, should deal 240% Direct Damage EACH TIME the mechanic procs.

PRO-PLAYER BUG scenario:
The Direct Damage from RWSP3 and RWSYN was never designed to converge to 240%, which is what we currently get under the right circumstances. IF this is a pro-player bug, I would love to see how Kabam intend to address it, considering the existing circumstances around DDHK.

You asked me not to create a thread on DDHK again, @Kabam Miike , but we appreciate you looking into this and helping us drive a mutually beneficial outcome.
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Today, I finally managed to get my hands on Peni Parker. I got her at a useable rarity with my first batch of 10, and then popped 20 more in vain.

Sorry, clarification:
    I got her as a 4-star and popped 20 more for a useable rarity.
    FYI for those who are interested, I came across this bug when I started to see some pretty big red numbers in there. The biggest one that caught my attention was 22k and that’s where I was like okay, something is funny. DDHK never pops 22k numbers, especially not red ones. Hence the post.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Well, that's... really weird.

Unintended high damage situations are always interesting to see, even if they are unintended. (see: Hawkeye's weird pre-fix sig)
    edited December 2021

Congrats on pulling peni bro

Thanks bro 👊🏼 I wish I hadn’t spent on those 20 Cavs - I want to take DDHK and SG back into Act 6 with Peni at 5-star but no bueno.
    -

Well, that's... really weird.

Unintended high damage situations are always interesting to see, even if they are unintended. (see: Hawkeye's weird pre-fix sig)

Agreed. And while this is beneficial for us now - I am hoping that by putting this out there it turns out to be even more beneficial for us in one way or another.
  • Hello @Rookiie. Thank you for posting. I've moved your thread to the bugs section.

Hello @Rookiie. Thank you for posting. I've moved your thread to the bugs section.

Thanks @Kabam Habanero
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Psychological move in the title to attract kabam
    /s

Psychological move in the title to attract kabam
    /s

Good thing the post is substantial 😉
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    If someone can comment if this is going to be left as is, or changed to something else?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Huh. That's a interesting find.
    Personally I didn't know it because I don't have Peni 🤣.

Seems like a very interesting interaction, didn't know he could stack it. If it gets left in the game, could help atleast with DDHKs damage issue
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 832 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I think it would be useful to know what is going on and why it's being reported this way.

@Terra The Peni synergy is one of the better synergies. The RW from Peni doesn't last a long time but it improves the situation a little as it triggers so often. I wonder what the kit would have looked like if the RW from Peni had been swapped with the Sig Ability Rage.

Rookiie said:

Do RWSP3 and RWSYN proc independently of each other? If the answer yes, it could explain why the Direct Damage is sometimes 120% and sometimes converges into 240%.
    But here’s where things don’t make any sense: They are the SAME MECHANIC and they STACK. And to be very straightforward, mechanics that STACK should never proc independently of each other. This smells like a bug to me, and if it was working properly, should deal 240% Direct Damage EACH TIME the mechanic procs.

Hello @Rookiie. Thank you for posting. I've moved your thread to the bugs section.

Sorry Rookiie, but I'm going to disagree. This isn't a bug, but it is good to know that it works, and it's a pro-player ability rather than a pro-player bug. I'm sure Kabam Habanero will report back with the same info at some point.

Your statement "mechanics that STACK should never proc independently of each other" is demonstrably wrong. There's a very similar old synergy with a similar effect, which has worked this way for years.

OG Hulk + OG Black Widow:
    - Hulk has a 85% chance to Stun on Special Attacks.
    - The Avengers synergy with BW grants all opponent's Specials a 25% chance to Stun.

These stun chances are independent and they stack: sometimes Hulk will inflict zero, one, or two stacks of Stun.

I'd therefore completely expect having two stacks of Righteous Wrath to give you two independent chances to proc additional Damage; which can give you zero, 120% or 240% additional damage.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate the insight on the Stun ability.
    Let’s wait and see what they report! Either way, DDHK’s days are looking brighter!
    Took down 70% of ROL WS in 60 seconds once I had him ramped up! He’s a beast!