**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Agatha Harkness will not win :(

Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
This post is not to just show why she won’t win, but how she can potentially win.
The problem is that a lot of people still to this day do not have Disney +, and even if they did, they are not engouraged to watch wandavision. I’ll be honest, the trailer for it seems really boring, about a couple that deals with mysteries all in black and white. Once you start watching it, you will get hooked and it becomes one of the MCUs best projects. Another reason is that this game is not just adults, it consists of a lot of kids. Most kids are not going to be interested in wandavision, but instead of someone who is basically the flash. Quicksilver would be an awesome addition to the game but it’s not like he won’t be an option in the upcoming years. This is most likely Agathas only chance into entering the contest.
- one last reason, we need more mystics. Sorcerer supreme, Scarlet witch and tigra are awesome characters but they are not doom and Claire. We got doom in 2019. I think it’s about time we get another op mystic. We already have so many mutants, we don’t need another.
- Ps. Agatha is getting her own show this year and it would be perfect timing for kabam to release her. I don’t see any Quicksilver shows or Beta ray Bill shows coming in the Mcu. If a character is getting their own mcu show, they deserve a spot in the contest

Comments

• Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

Just because they are getting a show doesn't mean they deserve a spot in the game. Not saying they don't deserve one in general, but just because they get a show isn't the sole reason for being in game.

I think u skipped to the bottom. I have many other reasons why she should be in the contest
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    WandaVision was my favorite series so far and I’ve watched every episode of every marvel series when they come out on Wednesday. As much as I would love to see Agatha win and join the contest, my vote will be going to mirage. Is Agatha wins over mirage then she will definitely be my vote. Mystics are my favorite class for their high utility.
  • Options
    Once you get the understanding of WandaVision and that each episode goes through a decade of time it makes you appreciate the show a lot more. I almost stopped watching after the first 2 episodes were released and the 3rd episode was a little better but from then on it was phenomenal!
  • Options
    I also wouldn’t care to see a speedster that moves at the same rate as other champs just to see him move fast during specials. I also wouldn’t care to see a reverse centaur with the powers of Thor. My top choices would be mirage, Agatha, Zemo, Crystal in that order.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Pseudo_19 said:

I also wouldn’t care to see a speedster that moves at the same rate as other champs just to see him move fast during specials. I also wouldn’t care to see a reverse centaur with the powers of Thor. My top choices would be mirage, Agatha, Zemo, Crystal in that order.

Last time around I voted for who I wanted to see, not who I thought would win. Omega just happened to be among the top vote getters. This time around, I'm voting Crystal although this time she's a gigantic long shot.

- As with Omega Sentinel, I still think we could use more female champions in the game
    - Her powerset would be interesting to translate into MCOC combat
    - She's an #inhuman and with tagged content becoming more prevalent we could always use more #inhumans
    - She has connections to the Inhumans, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and even the X-Men, which creates lots of opportunities for interesting synergies.

Probably not going to win, but maybe if she gets enough votes that will demonstrate enough interest for her to become an option in 2023-2024 with the launch of the FF movie.
    I would love to see crystal in game just solely for the animations with Lockjaw, lockjaw has been a profile pic for a few years now so it’s a little strange we don’t have another inhuman like Crystal.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    We get it, you're in love with Kathryn Hahn, who isn't?

That being said they made this year's selection a very fan favorite group.. Unfortunately, two of the most widely desired names are in this running which means everybody else is going to get overshadowed and that sucks because personally I would love to have all of them in the game.

Something else you mentioned that stood out both for and against your primary argument and that was the fact that as you've pointed out we really haven't had an OP Mystic since Claire or Doom. I get that it's important to refresh the rosters from time to time by introducing a new top-level character into the classes but that being said, if we've already got somebody like Doom or Claire then we really don't need to be in a rush to find the next ridiculously extreme Mystic. Similar to my reasoning why I don't want Beta Ray Bill or Quicksilver to win, there's already been a considerable amount of high-level Cosmic and mutant Champions enter into the game so for me adding another Mystic isn't really as desirable as well.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Something else you mentioned that stood out both for and against your primary argument and that was the fact that as you've pointed out we really haven't had an OP Mystic since Claire or Doom.

I would argue that Diablo's champion update put him into the top tier of Mystics.
    Agreed, and I would argue that Tigra's ability to shred almost every damn thing (I believe that's the technical term) puts her in the top tier of mystics.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    Personally, I'm leaning Bullseye. I don't think he's going to win, nor do I think we necessarily need another skill champ currently.

If tags are going to remain a thing for the foreseeable future I'm inclined to go that route even over my own personal choice of 🎯

Crystal moves closer to the top when tags are considered.

Right now I'm not certain who I'll vote for but whomever I vote for will limey take tags into consideration.
  • Options
    naikavon said:

Personally, I'm leaning Bullseye. I don't think he's going to win, nor do I think we necessarily need another skill champ currently.

If tags are going to remain a thing for the foreseeable future I'm inclined to go that route even over my own personal choice of 🎯

Crystal moves closer to the top when tags are considered.

Right now I'm not certain who I'll vote for but whomever I vote for will limey take tags into consideration.

It really has been forever since we've had an inhuman added into the game
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Something else you mentioned that stood out both for and against your primary argument and that was the fact that as you've pointed out we really haven't had an OP Mystic since Claire or Doom.

I would argue that Diablo's champion update put him into the top tier of Mystics.

DNA3000 said:

Agreed, and I would argue that Tigra's ability to shred almost every damn thing (I believe that's the technical term) puts her in the top tier of mystics.
    Oh no question, I didn't even consider Champions who have been buffed recently and had become more desirable afterwards. Between Tigra and Diablo, the Mystic class is ridiculously overpowered and I want Agatha Harkness in the game but at the same time I see a lot of great mechanics she could have that a lot of other Champions already have. If anything she would be a considerable either lifesteal or power Steal Queen but I don't know if that would convince people to automatically trade in their established Heavy Hitters.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,410 ★★★★★
    Hooray for Zemo
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

So you wouldn’t want champs that are kind of similar to other champs, most notable you bring up being Beta Ray Bill. But you want Agatha, who with your reasoning, would just be a reskinned scarlet witch?
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Would Hobgoblin be tech? Skill? Science?
  • Options

Pseudo_19 said:

So you wouldn’t want champs that are kind of similar to other champs, most notable you bring up being Beta Ray Bill. But you want Agatha, who with your reasoning, would just be a reskinned scarlet witch?
    Not once did I state it was because they are similar to other champs. I personally don’t think they could nail the animations/ abilities for quicksilver. He’s a speedster but there is no current possibility of making his dash attacks faster than the rest of the champs already in game. How would you defend if he’s too fast to react to? I would love to see a reskinned Thor of him wielding stormbreaker. My decision wasn’t based off the characters being similar, it was based off of which marvel characters I like. Mirage was awesome in the New Mutants then I looked up who she was and I enjoyed her origin story and her psionic abilities mixed with arrows. Agatha was awesome in WandaVision and her animations would probably look similar to sigil witch (which is my favorite character currently in game). Zeno’s character in the winter soldier and the falcon & the WS was phenomenally done by making him a modern day supervillain which doesn’t crave power but revenge for what happened in age of ultron and fights for his beliefs that no human should possess the power of super soldiers. Although the inhumans live action series was terrible to watch I did like crystal’s character and her pet Lockjaw.
  • Options
    For everyone who thinks they can’t do Quicksilver’s animations - they wouldn’t have put him on the list if they didn’t believe they could do it.

I worry less about his animations than I do what his base kit is going to contain.
  • Options
    R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
    Cap45 said:

This post is not to just show why she won’t win, but how she can potentially win.
    The problem is that a lot of people still to this day do not have Disney +, and even if they did, they are not engouraged to watch wandavision. I’ll be honest, the trailer for it seems really boring, about a couple that deals with mysteries all in black and white. Once you start watching it, you will get hooked and it becomes one of the MCUs best projects. Another reason is that this game is not just adults, it consists of a lot of kids. Most kids are not going to be interested in wandavision, but instead of someone who is basically the flash. Quicksilver would be an awesome addition to the game but it’s not like he won’t be an option in the upcoming years. This is most likely Agathas only chance into entering the contest.
    - one last reason, we need more mystics. Sorcerer supreme, Scarlet witch and tigra are awesome characters but they are not doom and Claire. We got doom in 2019. I think it’s about time we get another op mystic. We already have so many mutants, we don’t need another.
    - Ps. Agatha is getting her own show this year and it would be perfect timing for kabam to release her. I don’t see any Quicksilver shows or Beta ray Bill shows coming in the Mcu. If a character is getting their own mcu show, they deserve a spot in the contest

I am a kid, and hes not just a 'flash'. Just wanted to say that. But even quicksilver comes in wandavision n by far Agatha's plot seems much sicker. But then again I'm not an average kid n I'm really into marvel's comics n like extensive marvel. But if I go up to anyone who is a marvel fan but not too deep in the lore, they'll ofc say quicksilver. So I understand ur pain.
    But then again
    BETA REY BILL LES GO
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Would Hobgoblin be tech? Skill? Science?

Likely either Tech or Science.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

For everyone who thinks they can’t do Quicksilver’s animations - they wouldn’t have put him on the list if they didn’t believe they could do it.

I worry less about his animations than I do what his base kit is going to contain.

I don't think people are worried about his animations but his speedster abilities which will happen only in special attacks which won't be too fast either else you can't dex them. I hope he doesn't come with Hawkeye-type slow-down. With the frane-rate issues on Android, it's damn near impossible to hit. He should have a wider window.
    I'm with you about his base kit. QS is basically speed so I'm curious about how that translates into useful and interesting abilities outside of speeding up auto-fight.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Lets face it

Agatha has no chance against two of the most requested champions we've had. Quicksilver and Beta Ray Bill.

Though I want Zemo to win ngl.

This. No one else really stands a chance when put in a choice poll with quicksilver.
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

Lets face it

Agatha has no chance against two of the most requested champions we've had. Quicksilver and Beta Ray Bill.

This. No one else really stands a chance when put in a choice poll with quicksilver.
    Yeah. I feel like putting Quicksilver in there vs everyone else is like saying “You can have this nice, shiny, popular thing, or you can have this……potato.”

• Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

Lets face it

Yeah. I feel like putting Quicksilver in there vs everyone else is like saying “You can have this nice, shiny, popular thing, or you can have this……potato.”

I agree with the Quicksilver part, but don't sleep on potatoes mate, they'll change your life.
  • Options

quicksilver is gonna win. i’m personally voting bullseye.

Me too! My favorite villain!
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Short answer: Marvel comics fans, don't care about her. At All.