**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we get some new carinas challenges or something for endgame players?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Kabam mentioned that if we wanted new challenges, all we had to do was ask but that was almost 2 months ago and it doesn’t look like we’re getting any new long term or competitive content in January. We were told variant 8 is not endgame content despite all the evidence saying otherwise. We won’t see 7.4 until April as they’re doing a 6 month break between story chapters. Is monthly EQ with strikers all we can look forward to for the next while?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Thrillson where are you?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Was 7.4 confirmed to be in April?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Kabam mentioned that if we wanted new challenges, all we had to do was ask but that was almost 2 months ago and it doesn’t look like we’re getting any new long term or competitive content in January. We were told variant 8 is not endgame content despite all the evidence saying otherwise. We won’t see 7.4 until April as they’re doing a 6 month break between story chapters. Is monthly EQ with strikers all we can look forward to for the next while?

Pretty sure I heard the announcement say:

Thank you for riding the Monorail, when disembarking please check around for any personal items you may have brought with you. Take small children by the hand and watch your step getting off. Have a wonderful day.

Then again, I could just be having bad flashbacks to the Disney FL Monorail....
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

Pretty sure I heard the announcement say:

Thank you for riding the Monorail, when disembarking please check around for any personal items you may have brought with you. Take small children by the hand and watch your step getting off. Have a wonderful day.

Then again, I could just be having bad flashbacks to the Disney FL Monorail....
    “Bad flashbacks?” Who doesn’t like Disney World? Lol
    Ever get stuck on the Monorail? Yeah.....
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    That could do it
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    As long as they make it doable without a revive stash, I’m totally down. I have so many problems with Miike’s revenge and the LOL with a 4* (other than sabertooth) ones.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Those take time and unfortunately they've have some other pressing matters to deal with
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I agree there isn't much going on atm but I sure will prefer them fixing the game issues than introducing a difficult content. One that will even be made worse in terms of difficulty with these control issues and AI weird interactions. Finally, if they don't add stupid and cash and/or time grabbing challenges like 4star Starlord LOL run and co. that will be well welcomed by someone like me. Then again, I do know some people enjoy potions farming and arena grinding so they don't mind dumping resources on some of these silly challenges.
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Posts: 60 ★★
    2022 has overall been poor for endgame content, or content in general. Can’t be surprised though since they can’t even fix the game. If they can’t figure out how to fix this game and keep endgame players engaged, they will continue to lose players and $$$.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    Mase1127 said:

2022 has overall been poor for endgame content, or content in general. Can’t be surprised though since they can’t even fix the game. If they can’t figure out how to fix this game and keep endgame players engaged, they will continue to lose players and $$$.

2022 eh? You a time traveler? 😂
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Was 7.4 confirmed to be in April?

Their pacing for each chapter of act 7 has been close to 6 months so logic would dictate that they’ll likely won’t have it released til April.
    It’s been exactly 5 months, I think. Dec20, May21, Oct21. If that’s right, you’re looking at March 2022
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Keep the whales happy
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

AMS94 said:

Many endgame players will do that in a month (some even in the first week) & will be asking fr new endgame content in another 2 months time
    It's really tough to come up with new endgame style content consistently every 3-4 months
    Kabam are rightly blamed fr a lot of things but lack of challenging endgame content is probably not one of them
    They cn come up with endgame content on a consistent basis if they want to, but coming up with "challenging" endgame content is a tough task
    Also if they come up with endgame content once every 3 months they need to make sure the rewards are also endgame & not deliberately toned down to "keep the economy under check"

That’s fair. Then the logical idea would be to release more competitive content against other players as that has some replay value long term. I feel like 1v1 competitive content like the summoner showdown was announced for this year right?
    Kabam have already said that the 1v1 / PvP mode will be the way they start introducing Relics to the game, so I'm not really hopeful about the future of that mode
    I see it falling to the same abyss of problems where AW is right now
  • I just don't want to see wallet warrior challenges like the 4* LoL challenges