Options

duel tokens in gifting event

Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 788 ★★★
Why do these things still exist? They simply don't work anymore.

Example: On one of my accounts, I have 0 units currently (thank you gifting event for enabling this test). it was a quiet morning, and the Sinister 6 weekly thing recently reset, I figured I'd knock a few duels out... I was easily able to use my 5 "free duels"... and have many duel tokens.... but was unable to do a 6th duel because I was out of daily duels and couldn't spend the units for an extra duel.

Now... enter gifting... There is a an option to gift a duel token. I actually used this to send yet another alt account a token curious to try sending it a gift with the cheapest thing before doing anything real like a mastery core.

So I spent 5 units gifting something that can actually not be used. While in the grand scheme of all the items that ive thrown away due to glitches in games or family/waiters/etc. distracting me in the middle of something... this 5 units isn't a big deal, but it seems wrong that this is even an option.

In preparation for next year's event: I suggest reviewing the inventory of items that are givable, and remove a few things like the duel token, and consider adding a few that are missing (1 hour boosts and cav crystals seem obvious, I'd also think there may be interest in the 2-star crystals that could get "any champ", nexus versions of some of the crystals, or maybe some more creative crystals unique to the event)

Comments

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’m not sure what you mean? I’m almost positive I used ancient duel tokens a few days ago on an alt for the sinister six thing?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,046 Guardian
    edited December 2021
    Lovejoy72 said:

I’m not sure what you mean? I’m almost positive I used ancient duel tokens a few days ago on an alt for the sinister six thing?

I think the inference in OP is that you have to have SOME amount of Units (he had ZERO Units). Even though it will ultimately not use the Units, but will use the Duel Token instead. Might be a bug if you actually don’t have Units, but do have Tokens.

Anyways, they are also obsolete because of the new PRACTICE mode (not Duels), which doesn’t even need Tokens at all.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Technically speaking duel credits are the best gifting item if you look at their cost and points perspective
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

I think the inference in OP is that you have to have SOME amount of Units (he had ZERO Units). Even though it will ultimately not use the Units, but will use the Duel Token instead. Might be a bug if you actually don’t have Units, but do have Tokens.

Anyways, they are also obsolete because of the new PRACTICE mode (not Duels), which doesn’t even need Tokens at all.
    Ah, I get it. They aren’t actually useless as many of the objectives are no longer using the practice mode to count.