Summoner's Choice 2022 Lobbying post

2»

Comments

• TesladonTesladon Member Posts: 341 ★★
    Gimme Bill.
  • TesladonTesladon Member Posts: 341 ★★
    And forget about Quicksilver, we need Whizzer. Hype needs a mate from the ol’ Squadron Supreme.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian

Why can't they just add the top 2 characters and put them in one month instead of the first. It takes around 6 months to develop a character from some Kabam dev video I saw some time ago. What's stopping them from adding the second option if they're going to give out this good of a library of characters to pick from?

Because that's not how it goes, unfortunately. Hercules was a fantastic build that made a lot of people very excited about the prospect of future builds but considering the second build that month was America Chavez, it kinda reinforced the notion that sometimes two new champs a month was one champ too many.

It's better in the long run in terms of quality to keep it as is.
    That's an interesting notion: that Hercules was the "good quality" champ and America Chavez was the "poor quality" champ, and if only they did one champ a month we'd get nothing but Hercules. As if it is harder to make a powerful champ than a less powerful champ.

If we only got one champ a month we'd be less likely to get America Chavez, but also less likely to get Hercules. The devs are never aiming for either, they are aiming for more moderate middle ground champs. But sometimes they land high and sometimes they land low. The more time they had to work on a single champ, the more likely they would be moderately powerful champs.

If you want to know what target power level the champ designers are aiming at, look at all the champs in 2021, average them out, the target is probably somewhere close to that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian

I guess I should start with my choice. I'll be honest that it was extremely difficult. Of these options, I would like to go with Crystal. First off, I'm an old time Fantastic Four reader so I know Crystal's History and power set. She would be a welcome addition to group. Her limitation is that she isn't very well known. Not many people know who she is. though she's been a memeber of the FF and Avengers. She could synergize with FF members and Avengers.

Crystal is actually my voting choice as well. Reasons:

1. As with Omega Sentinel, I think we could use more powerful female champions

2. I think her powerset would translate to interesting MCOC abilities

3. She has connections all over the place, which makes for interesting synergy opportunities (she's connected to the Inhumans, the Fantastic Four, and even X-related mutants).

4. She's almost certainly going to be tagged #Inhuman, and as filtering tags become more important it would be useful if the Inhumans were expanded a bit.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    My vote would go to either Hobgoblin or Kushala. I've been wanting a great Goblin in the game for as long as it's been around. I don't have Red Goblin as a 5 or 6* and I sure as heck am not going to rank up Greeny despite my love for that character in the comics. (Plz buff.)

Kushala, meanwhile, I have absolutely no idea what she's on about except that she seems to be some kind of Native American Ghost Ridin' Sorcerer Supreme, which sounds dope. I would love to see her in the game, she seems really cool.

I do kind of want the OG Ghost Rider to get a buff before we get another mystic Ghost Rider, but not enough to not vote for Kushala.

I do, however, have absolutely no idea which of the two I would vote for if they somehow ended up head-to-head. My heart would probably say Hobgoblin since I've wanted him in the game for so long, but my brain would most likely suggest Kushala since I suspect that Hobgoblin is popular enough that Kabam will bring him to the game eventually anyway.

I think the same is true for a couple of characters, like Quicksilver, Agatha and Beta Ray Bill. There's no way Kabam is going to get the community all hyped up about them and then just never introduce them. Even if it doesn't happen this year, all of them are probably coming sooner or later. However, I don't think the same is true for some of the more obscure champs (like Kushala).
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Member Posts: 531 ★★★
    Although I think Quicksilver would be super cool and a great long-awaited addition to the game, I have to go with Bullseye as a big Daredevil fan. Bullseye could be a super high skill-based champ with a mechanic like hawkeyes arrow shots. Plus we don't need another broken mutant champ right now when other classes need some attention.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I didn’t agree with you tubers lobbying a certain character and I hope they don’t try to do that again. It’s bad for the community. IMO. I hope we get an honest vote this time.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Why can't they just add the top 2 characters and put them in one month instead of the first. It takes around 6 months to develop a character from some Kabam dev video I saw some time ago. What's stopping them from adding the second option if they're going to give out this good of a library of characters to pick from?

Because that's not how it goes, unfortunately. Hercules was a fantastic build that made a lot of people very excited about the prospect of future builds but considering the second build that month was America Chavez, it kinda reinforced the notion that sometimes two new champs a month was one champ too many.

It's better in the long run in terms of quality to keep it as is.
    That's an interesting notion: that Hercules was the "good quality" champ and America Chavez was the "poor quality" champ, and if only they did one champ a month we'd get nothing but Hercules. As if it is harder to make a powerful champ than a less powerful champ.

If we only got one champ a month we'd be less likely to get America Chavez, but also less likely to get Hercules. The devs are never aiming for either, they are aiming for more moderate middle ground champs. But sometimes they land high and sometimes they land low. The more time they had to work on a single champ, the more likely they would be moderately powerful champs.

If you want to know what target power level the champ designers are aiming at, look at all the champs in 2021, average them out, the target is probably somewhere close to that.
    And there were still some solid Champions released in 2021.
    Quite a few of them have at least some level of utility and high damage potential and bring around a healthy balance to the competition.

Conversely there are some who would qualify on the low end of that scale because they don't have that ease of use that other Champions would bring and I'm not saying that every Champion would be a Hercules level Champion if they'd only focused on one a month. What I was referring to was that Chavez was overshadowed greatly because of both a very complex play style and the fact that we got to see a lot more behind the scenes when creating Hercules and so if they wanted Chavez to have a much warmer reception, it would have been better if she had been released at a later date with somebody else while Hercules gets the Kraven spot and debuted solo.
  • Wsd37Wsd37 Member Posts: 20
    I would like to see quicksilver, but preferably not a cheesy comic style, I think BW Claire Voyant would be very similar to agatha. I would love to see Beta Ray bill, we need a new thor character to redeem thor in general.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,255 ★★★★★
    Tesladon said:

And forget about Quicksilver, we need Whizzer. Hype needs a mate from the ol’ Squadron Supreme.

He'd be Blur these days.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Member Posts: 1,691 ★★★★

Why bother, Quicksilver's going to win.

I'd probably like Crystal the most, but it's going to be Quicky.

Actually I think Beta Ray or Agatha is more likely. They are more popular character than Pietro.
    Wow you seriously think they have a better chance than quicksilver? One character was a villain in a mcu tv show, (a villain that I personally didn’t care for too much) and the other is a cybernetic space duck with Thor’s hammer with no mcu representation. I’m 100% voting for Beta Ray Bill, but Quicksilver is going to win this super easily. Most recognizable character, and has some of the best scenes in all superhero cinema.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    Zemo
    there is no more to be said
  • Zura_1Zura_1 Member Posts: 188
    BRB all the way
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,708 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Bullseye cuz he’s a classic villain.

If they do quicksilver , I don’t want to see an MCU version, I want the OG version from the comics.

Bullseye cuz he’s a classic villain.

Last Time I checked Zemo was the classic Villian
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Member Posts: 396 ★★

Although I think Quicksilver would be super cool and a great long-awaited addition to the game, I have to go with Bullseye as a big Daredevil fan. Bullseye could be a super high skill-based champ with a mechanic like hawkeyes arrow shots. Plus we don't need another broken mutant champ right now when other classes need some attention.

Bit confused when you say “another broken mutant champ.” Quicksilver will be science. It’s already been proven. No need to disagree with facts btw lol.

I have to go with Bullseye as a big Daredevil fan. Bullseye could be a super high skill-based champ with a mechanic like hawkeyes arrow shots. Plus we don't need another broken mutant champ right now when other classes need some attention.

Pretty sure skill is pretty broken
    Tech needs the real attention
  • RiasGremoryRiasGremory Member Posts: 238

The Summoner's Choice starts next week so figured it would help to have a place where we can try and convince other summoner's to vote for our choice. Karate Mike was lobbying hard for Hercules last year so I wanted to have a place where anyone can lobby for whoever they wish. I know some people have this as a three way race between Quicksilver, Beta Ray Bill, and Agatha all along but I really like the group they gave us and think all have a shot. Just to remind you, Here are the 12 options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f94q6Fpu3I&t=38s
    Armor
    Mirage
    Agatha
    Kushala
    Beta Ray Bill
    Crystal
    Bullseye
    Baron Zemo
    Spiderwoman
    Quicksilver
    Hobgobin
    Prowler
    Tell us who your choice is and why you think they deserve to be in the contest

Crystal And Bullseye For 101%
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Member Posts: 405 ★★

I have to go with Bullseye as a big Daredevil fan. Bullseye could be a super high skill-based champ with a mechanic like hawkeyes arrow shots. Plus we don't need another broken mutant champ right now when other classes need some attention.

Pretty sure skill is pretty broken
    Tech needs the real attention
    I agree the Tech class needs more attention but the Prowler is very Obscure. Hobgoblin does have an chance. He's Well known enough and has a fair chance. Only thing is with competition in the form of quicksilver and Beta ray, chances are slim
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,255 ★★★★★
    Prowler. Obscure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Prowler was in AN OSCAR WINNING MOVIE. Hobgoblin was in a 25+ year old tv cartoon.
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Member Posts: 405 ★★

Prowler. Obscure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Prowler was in AN OSCAR WINNING MOVIE. Hobgoblin was in a 25+ year old tv cartoon.

Prowler wasn't named. ONly big time comic heads knew who he was. Hobgoblin is still better known than him