**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 7.3 exploration much more difficult than 7.2?

DestinyPoloDestinyPolo Posts: 65
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips

Well I managed to explore 7.2 and got 6* colossus from the nexus :smiley: . I need to save up units once again before attempting to explore 7.3 (even though I spend most on energy refills bcus I’m impatient) but was just wondering if anyone found 7.3 much harder than 7.2 as to me it really only seems like actually understanding all the node combinations due to the paradox stuff will make it difficult lmao
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DestinyPoloDestinyPolo Posts: 65
    *more difficult
  • Depends on the quest, 7.2 has some really sucky lanes. So far 7.3 exploration hasn't been bad for me, the most revives I used was 2 for a single lane, and I'm averaging around 3-7 revives per quest. The only one I'm not looking forward to is 7.3.4
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Depends on the quest, 7.2 has some really sucky lanes. So far 7.3 exploration hasn't been bad for me, the most revives I used was 2 for a single lane, and I'm averaging around 3-7 revives per quest. The only one I'm not looking forward to is 7.3.4

Yup, 7.3.4 looks like the unit sink if you've not two or three ideal counters per lane. I took far left lane almost entirely with venompool after so many tries of the gwenpool, stryfe, venom paths on my first pass attempts and all failing..

Partly, because the AI on this level seemed particularly squiffy; that g2099 would never let herself be parried at the opening, does 5 hit light ending combos into your block, stutters her runs to avoid intercepts and you can completely forget about backdrafting them against the right hand wall...
  • Fire_3Fire_3 Posts: 129
    edited January 2022
    I’ve almost finished 7.3 exploration, I would say each quest took 2-4 revs on average, and the last quest with kang took around 8. I just need to finish the stun reflection mix master and I’m done. I was worried about paradox at first but as you slowly start clearing it’s fun. I started clearing looking for 6* shards, units and T5b and thought everything was too hard with paradox etc but once you give it a push it’s alright. Here’s my roster and where I am, my roster is not the best compared to others out there.

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    7.3 is a lot harder to explore than 7.2. I’m doing 7.3 exploration right now and the node combos are a lot more annoying to deal with than 7.3 and that makes it a lot harder. Still worth it for the rewards though.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    2 words.... PARADOX CHARGES....

Good luck with your sanity navigating those for exploration.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    Side question; so I'm getting ready to explore 7.2 myself. About how many units would you say you spent?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★
    I'm in the middle of 7.3 exploration and the difficulty increased a fair amount over 7.2. I have done all of the 6* shard paths and all of the unit paths so far. The paradox paths are challenging.
    edited January 2022

Side question; so I'm getting ready to explore 7.2 myself. About how many units would you say you spent?

I didn’t spend to many however I recommend you grind as many as you feel safe with to complete it without having to back out - most paths and bosses throughout 7.2 I did reviveless but I also played cautiously so for tricky fights like bishop I would often end up quaking them. If you have the right counters though you shouldn’t need too many. It also doesn’t matter if you take a break in between to build up units again as there is no time limit so just treat it as a series of mini levels (like it is) rather than one big level.
    Thanks for all the replies guys! Been very helpful - I probably won’t begin exploration until I have a good stack of units to get through first but can’t wait to get confused by all the paradox charges lmao! :D And good luck to all those currently going through 7.3 exploration!
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    7.3 was a bit harder than 7.2 but I did it all practically itemless besides Kang. If you get an uncooperative AI for Kang then it’s basically a unit sink. Other than that, as long as you have proper counters (like in 7.2) you should be fine. There is a higher selection barrier so if you do have a smaller roster you may have some issues exploring easily.