**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Champs in Mcoc that were ahead of their time? For Better or Worse.

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
I'm going to say Beast was just ahead of his time and the battle realm wasn't ready for him just yet.

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

Doctor Strange......hopefully we get a new variant of him or he gets buffed! Way to weak for his caliber of power!

Then again, when OP in the comics...dud in the MCOC (in some cases, not all)

True, with his 12.0 self , he would be an animal.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    (just going to point out that she couldn’t do what she can now until inputs were changed)

I’m just going to point out that Quake was waaayyy ahead of her time. People didn’t start to figure out how to use her until others were complaining about being banned for doing fights in 0 hits.

Good shout about quake! She turned into a beast. We never had to deal with multiple input champs until she came around. Now we have Prof X , Tigra; Elsa , mister negative.
    I'm also going to add rocket raccoon . His mechanics where you can change the icon fell flat.
  • BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    Ihulk for sure but punisher 2099 is finally getting some love as a power control monster
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,053 ★★★★★
    G2099
    Dr doom
    Mags post buff
    CGR
    This champs straight up massacred the content (except g2099). Making things easy,way easy,way way easy thus resulting into the expectations of players expecting Evey new champ or buff to to he at their level. This made many good utility champ look bad, neglected and eventually creating a bad and negative environment. Another affect was that, content became more easy due to their abilities I'm relation to current meta. So people were completing hard content like breeze if they had this champs( I'm not saying it was breeze but this champs were way too powerful for current content). G2099 never has its content to shine.

Idk if ghost and Quake were always this popular. If I m guessing right, kabam never intended them to be OP this way as they never thought someone can play like them as people play them today. It was a regular play style champ era ans they were meant to be ones as. But people discovered new things as they were getting creative. So we now have Ghost and quake. If they had some kind of nerf back that time we could have seen mcoc in some other kind of light. But now even Devs can't nerf them directly. So ghost and quake style were never intended. Thanks to panda man pete for ghost and for quake idk who made her popular.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Wasp and arachangel with their passive stuns

I think Yondu was the first champ with a projectile basic attacks, so you couldn't parry stun his L attack.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    I'd say Quake personally. Released in 2016 and the first big energy damage champ (correct me if I'm wrong) and first to not use specials to be effective. Also among the first ever to have a 100% evade mechanic on base attacks. So impactful and powerful that a 6* was never released.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Void

Him and Sentry were in the same tier on release! Then in the Uncollected EQ, a Red Hulk boss with insane regen was the first realization of how op heal reversal could be. CAIW also became more popular that month!
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    Black Widow
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Tigra. I said from the beginning that she was bomb. Took some time for people to come around.

Void

Him and Sentry were in the same tier on release! Then in the Uncollected EQ, a Red Hulk boss with insane regen was the first realization of how op heal reversal could be. CAIW also became more popular that month!

Lol, I remember everyone was hoping for sentry to be a monster.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I’d say Captain America OG

He was the second arena ever (Hawkeye was the first) and Cap was way ahead of his time as the first arena champion who needed a buff. It is now 2022
  • CoolKid_McGeeCoolKid_McGee Posts: 44
    I’d say Groot.

He was good before he was even good. Maybe not the best now but Groot was way ahead of it’s time
  • blitzzzblitzzz Posts: 57

i find it funny how back then they nerfed Thor, Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange for being too op, and then released characters way more op just a bit after -__- felt like a clown with my dupped 4* doctor strange killing all the content, they should return all this champs back to how they were, Strange sucks now and i finally got my 5* OG scarlet witch *-*

i think they can return og strange and og scarlet witch back but og thor would maybe be too overpowered.there is a clip of 4 star thor taking down WS in 10 hits which maybe the best even now
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    og switch
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I would have to say Thanos.

One of the most powerful threats in Marvel... reduced to an Act 3 boss with almost no abilities.

Maybe he was considered strong back then...?

I don't know.