**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it possible to go 0/10 on featured 5*?

Find out tomorrow folks, when I open my TENTH (10th) featured 5* crystal!! Will I get blade, or will I quit playing the game all together? Only time will tell on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!!!

Will post results tomorrow.

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    yes, have an alliance mate that went 0/24
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I’ve heard of 0/14 and 0/18.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Yes
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Ally is 0/20
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    If you understand how statistics work, then you know the answer is:

Yes, it is very possible.

What is the % chance of getting the featured 5*? We don't know, but commonly assumed about 1%.
    The chance that you will not pull a featured after 10 tries at 1% is : 0.90438207500880449001, or 90.4%

So, not only is it very possible, it is very likely!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Of course
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    dkatryl wrote: »

What is the % chance of getting the featured 5*? We don't know, but commonly assumed about 1%.
    The chance that you will not pull a featured after 10 tries at 1% is : 0.90438207500880449001, or 90.4%

IT's commonly assumed as being 20%
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Chitlins wrote: »

Yet, no one knows for sure. So I'm not sure why this random number is being thrown around and people just accepting the fact that it is 20%.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Chitlins wrote: »

Yet, no one knows for sure. So I'm not sure why this random number is being thrown around and people just accepting the fact that it is 20%.

There's enough video evidence of openings to gather a pretty decent sample size. If you look at multiple Youtubers who have posted every 5* featured opening and add up the openings you can calculate the probability.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★

IT's commonly assumed as being 20%[/quote]

That's funny. If there were only 5 potential champs the odds would be 20% (1/5). There are more champs than that.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »

A modder a while back opened hundreds of featured 5* crystals and since that is the largest single piece of data the community has accepted the result of 22% featured champs vs regular champs, the community round it down to 20% for the sake of simplicity
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Fluffy wrote: »

That's funny. If there were only 5 potential champs the odds would be 20% (1/5). There are more champs than that.[/quote]

That's not how probability works it doesn't matter how many champs are in there the odds of a featured will always be the same. Don't look at it as individual champions but rather as 3 pools of champions, 20% for featured, 78% for the basic and 2% for the subfeatured
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Fluffy wrote: »

That's funny. If there were only 5 potential champs the odds would be 20% (1/5). There are more champs than that.[/quote]

But that's not how the crystals work. Your odds for a feature are set, they don't change each time they add a champ in there
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Assuming a 20% chance at featured, the chances of not getting a featured after 10 tries does drop down to: 0.1073741824, or 10.7% chance, which is definitely much better odds.

However, the chance on this actual pull to not get a feature would still remain 80%.

(20% sounds more likely. I was stuck thinking of pulling a 4* from a PHC, which seems like 1%)
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Of course it's possibile, just like it was possible for me to find 3 Juggernaut in a row! Random they said... Gimme a break!
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Same I got juggs 3 times in a row after saving for each one and lost it my friend was there to witness my suffering.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    The chances of pulling featured are always something like 1 in 5 (20% or so) chance. Not sure on the exact numbers, but there have been people who ran the calculations.

So, yes it's possible to hit the non featured 80% chance multiple times. I am currently 1 out of 3 on featureds myself. Planning on trying for 1 more in November!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-12. Probably be 0-14 after I go for Blade. Know people who pull them consistently at 50% or better. One would think regression to the mean would balance out the luck but it seems like the lucky keep getting lucky and the unlucky keep getting screwed. Almost as if the drop rate is not the same for every account. Maybe it is and I'm just jaded from **** pulls lol.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Assuming a 20% chance at featured, the chances of not getting a featured after 10 tries does drop down to: 0.1073741824, or 10.7% chance, which is definitely much better odds.

However, the chance on this actual pull to not get a feature would still remain 80%.

(20% sounds more likely. I was stuck thinking of pulling a 4* from a PHC, which seems like 1%)

This is correct, chances of being 0/10 is 10.7%. Certainly nothing unreasonable
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-12. Probably be 0-14 after I go for Blade. Know people who pull them consistently at 50% or better. One would think regression to the mean would balance out the luck but it seems like the lucky keep getting lucky and the unlucky keep getting screwed. Almost as if the drop rate is not the same for every account. Maybe it is and I'm just jaded from **** pulls lol.

Careful...it’s sacrilege to suggest we might not all have the same odds.

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    My ally went 6/9 for Mephisto collectively. It’s really rng
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★

It is wrong,we are not talking about premium crydtal here but a featured one and many top tier champions have confirmed after their countless crystal opening that featured chance is flat 25%.
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    That also means that ur 0/10 is due to 75% ,which is methmatically very possible.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Regression to the mean would happen if you open a lot of crystals, not 10 or 20.
  • TheObiJuanTheObiJuan Posts: 43
    I’m 3/34. I had a very long old spell from getting Voodoo and GwenPool, my first two features to then missing dozens in a row. The real question is why we keep throwing shards away and trying.

Then they drag out Blade...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    TheObiJuan wrote: »
    I’m 3/34. I had a very long old spell from getting Voodoo and GwenPool, my first two features to then missing dozens in a row. The real question is why we keep throwing shards away and trying.

Then they drag out Blade...

Cause hope is a very scary thing
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-12 here. About to be 0-13 tomorrow I'm sure

Meanwhile I have an ally mate who is 6/8. RNG though of course...
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    I'm 0-12 here. About to be 0-13 tomorrow I'm sure

Meanwhile I have an ally mate who is 6/8. RNG though of course...

get slap dude
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    Ah, so depressing reading this thread. I'm about to 0/4 tomorrow. Anyway, no guts, no glory!