Options

Did I miss something, War got re-nerfed?

I apologize if I missed the announcement somewhere, but I'm usually up on these type of things. Anyway, my alliance is in tier 5, we haven't gone up or down last two or so wars. Was going in to do some placement today and realized they changed the nodes back to where they were previously. So the difficulty is back down to candy land wars.

Pretty bummed because I thought the upgraded nodes were starting to add some skill back into wars....anyone know why they re-nerfed war, was it on purpose or why? sigh, so disappointed

Comments

• Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    @Kabam Miike ? sorry for the bump, but i just checked the news and announcements, no word that you would be rolling back the Nodes, and we have't changed tiers so can you shed some light on this?
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Idk if u went down a tier, but ours is the same. Tier 2
  • Options
    I guess I’m confused and looking for an explanation, we won 3-4 wars, we got the updated war nodes as soon as they were released, won 2 then lost 1, went from tier 6 to tier 5 and stayed there after the loss but now the updated nodes are gone? I did just notice it has us labeled ‘intermediate’

55cochkn7uoc.png
    6zaqek1cnmmj.png

• Options
    9r1pcbnol5vg.png
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    Nodes are the same. Node 24 is still garbage lol
  • Options
    Clearly lost the better nodes

3t6sz6de12ja.png
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I noticed that too..
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Look at the map you are playing intermediate. So that's the map the alliance you are playing usually plays on their war rating must be lower then yours.
  • Options
    Sbt3Sbt3 Posts: 35
    I'm not sure what happened. Last AW we were in tier 7 and they were all the new harder nodes. We won and are now in tier 5 and now we are intermediate and have the easy **** again... what gives???
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,584 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    WTH, they're in tier5, with a War rating in the 1300s and they get to walk through an Intermediate map!?

Why am I dealing with Spite, Bane, Brute Force & Buffet in a lower tier with a lower war rating? That's some straight up BS.

Seriously, I'd like to know why this is happening.
  • Options
    JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 41
    There was a problem previously where the new buffed nodes weren't showing at the time of defender placement, but did during actual wars. Maybe it's happening again. The nodes are buffed, just not displaying correctly.
  • Options
    Jakobitz wrote: »
    There was a problem previously where the new buffed nodes weren't showing at the time of defender placement, but did during actual wars. Maybe it's happening again. The nodes are buffed, just not displaying correctly.

Not sure what happened previously , but the OPs picture clearly shows them in the intermediate level. Our alliance is 4 tiers lower and is going to play on the hard map. If this isn't a mistake or bug, it makes no sense at all
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Not 100%, but i read somewhere that if you get matched with a lower tier alliance, you play in the map of that tier.
    If tha'ts the case, congrats on the easy win lol.
  • Options
    OPs alliance
    Tier5 of AW
    1381 War Rating
    Plays intermediate map?

My alliance
    Tier9 of AW
    1149 War Rating
    Plays Hard map????

I'm not letting this go. It makes absolutely no sense and would appreciate a mod looking into this and exploration the rational behind this.

zfz274hhszqn.png
  • Options
    Still no answer yet huh?
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Seems a bit out of wack, let us know what the nodes look like when war actually starts? Just to see if it's a weird placement display issue.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    eq5wr8omwqvp.png

Yeah, so... let us know what nodes you actually get.
  • Options
    I have all the new nodes and would prefer not to post pics of them right now because our defensive placement will be public for all to see.
  • Options
    War starts in a few hours, I’ll defintley keep you posted, very strange though...
  • Options
    Yeah it would be really nice if a mod could comment. If the nodes are going to be hard then I need to adjust my placements. It's going to suck to loose because nobody can give us a good answer on this.
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,270
    Intermediate Ranks do not have the changed nodes and never did. It appears that you were matched with an Alliance that is on the Intermediate map, and when something like that happens, it will randomly select between the two maps. That being said, it probably shouldn't have done that, because that is a big mismatch for your opponent. I'm going to take this to the team.

So, no, the nodes were not changed again, but I would like to see why you ended up on the intermediate map.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response @Kabam Miike was really scratching my head on this one
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification Mike. That will help with placements this round.
  • Options
    Hopefully this doesn't take weeks or months to get resolved. It sucks seeing and hearing about alliances in higher tiers being able to waltz through a much easier map for 5* shards, while our group has to deal with a harder map for less rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So @Kabam Miike this is our ‘big mismatch’ opponent in intermediate difficulty? Any other ideas how this happened or why we are in intermediate difficulty?

i7smhg3j4wx9.png

z9uz6p0j7m85.png
    8vmnm0v58j6w.png
  • Options
    they throwing wars to keep it at intermediate? is this a bug they are exploiting?
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    1381 to 1156 is a noticeable difference, imo. So that's an issue with matchmaking right there.

The other thing is they are playing Intermediate at 1156. We are at 1128 and playing on Hard. That's another problem.