**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on Cosmic entities being added to MCOC

Cosmic beings like Living Tribunal , Eternity , beyonders, etc.. Why don't we have such character's in MCOC ? Are they not popular enough or something ?

Comments

• tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★

There’s a lot of characters to add.

Yeah, but we haven't seen any such type of characters in mcoc, the multiversal entities kind yet. Not sure if am overlooking any such beings in mcoc.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★

Yeah, but we haven't seen any such type of characters in mcoc, the multiversal entities kind yet. Not sure if am overlooking any such beings in mcoc.
    I mean we already have characters like Phoenix, Odin, Dormammu. That's already too many IMO and I think other beings at their power level being added as playable characters is kind of ridiculous. Maybe as special bosses but as a playable character? Nah.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    It would be cool though, playing with Living Tribunal, lol
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    After Watching season 4 of Avengers Assemble on Disney+ I would Like to see the Beyonder He could try to take Control of the Battlerealm
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★

After Watching season 4 of Avengers Assemble on Disney+ I would Like to see the Beyonder He could try to take Control of the Battlerealm

IMO beyonder made the first “battle world” anyway in secret wars circa 1984

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Let’s just add the one above all, how does that sounds to you? SMH. This is such a ridiculous question.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I mean we already have characters like Phoenix, Odin, Dormammu. That's already too many IMO and I think other beings at their power level being added as playable characters is kind of ridiculous. Maybe as special bosses but as a playable character? Nah.
    The bigger problem is that while characters like Phoenix, Odin, and Dormammu have reasonably conventional avatars or personifications that can make sense for a fighting game, entities like The Living Tribunal don't, because no incarnation of him "fights" anyone in a comprehensible manner. Ditto Eternity.

To be added as a playable character the Marvel entity needs to be translated into light attack, medium attack, heavy attack, special 1, special 2, special 3, signature ability. Power level notwithstanding that's a problem for entities like Master Order and Lord Chaos. Non playable characters used as special encounters or boss fights don't necessarily have to follow that template precisely, and there's potentially more latitude in special circumstances, but even there a totally abstract entity is probably not going to be the designers' first choice on making a boss fight.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I make a lot of champion concepts and some of them have been Cosmic Entities. Right now I'm making The Beyonder.

I feel it's possible to make them work, it's just they need to feel powerful or at least unique.

Though I think there's a limit to what Cosmic Entities can be successfully put into MCOC. I'd have to say the strongest characters you could put in would that can still work would be The Beyonder and The One Below All. The One Below All could use a gamma irradiated host as a puppet like we've seen him do with Hulk and The Immortal Abomination. A suggestion might be the corpse of Brian Banner, something that he has used before. Beyonder has been shown to be able to be weakened as seen as how his power was siphoned by Doom at one point.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    I just don't feel it's worth it. We already have complaints about characters like nick fury being more powerful than most champs. Even Juggs and Iron man should be a lot more powerful. It just makes more sense to add the more everyday characters.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★

Cosmic beings like Living Tribunal , Eternity , beyonders, etc.. Why don't we have such character's in MCOC ? Are they not popular enough or something ?

If they add up to the game. The grandmaster fight will end in one sp3
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    We already have one. Our lord and savior

Groot
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I make a lot of champion concepts and some of them have been Cosmic Entities. Right now I'm making The Beyonder.

I feel it's possible to make them work, it's just they need to feel powerful or at least unique.

Though I think there's a limit to what Cosmic Entities can be successfully put into MCOC. I'd have to say the strongest characters you could put in would that can still work would be The Beyonder and The One Below All. The One Below All could use a gamma irradiated host as a puppet like we've seen him do with Hulk and The Immortal Abomination. A suggestion might be the corpse of Brian Banner, something that he has used before. Beyonder has been shown to be able to be weakened as seen as how his power was siphoned by Doom at one point.

It is comic books, so you can invent a narrative to make anything work. However, it is also Marvel, so you have to invent a narrative that Marvel editorial likes. It isn't a question of what is absolutely possible, it is a question of what is possible for you as the designer to get approved. Most of the cosmic entities would be far harder to get past Marvel approval as playable characters.

The One Below All specifically is not even a character, it is a narrative device. I would bet real money that Marvel never approves the One Below All to be a playable character because that would dilute its purpose in the Marvel IP. Even moreso than entities like the Beyonder, The One Below All has no real independent agency, it exists to allow the writers to hold up a mirror to the Hulk.