**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who are getting buffed next month?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
No info from Kabam yet?

Comments

• Options
    Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155
    Didn't they say no buffs for feb
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    They usually announce it on 16th of very month but nothing this time. I hope they are not coming up with Nova, Hood and Gamora kind of buff for Feb :#
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Hood got a buff the was good
  • Options
    TurguzTurguz Posts: 42

Hood got a buff the was good

... those 3 already "got buff".
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    My predictions are OG Cap and Taskmaster
  • Options
    blitzzzblitzzz Posts: 57
    my guess is someone from the buff poll will be buffed this month.pls be antman
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,141 ★★★★★
    Yeah after no buffs this month everyone is VERY eager to see who's next on the list to plan out their account rank/level ups, so it's unfortunate there hasn't been anything announced on that yet.

We're mostly more excited for the announcement on who's being buffed over who the 2 new champs are each month, so Kabam should really focus on prioritizing that
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    OG IM and IF I hope....
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Possibilities from the 6* featured could be Ghost Rider, Squirrel Girl, Taskmaster, Vision (AoU), or even Abom (if you buy that logic).

Apart from those champs, I’d be ecstatic to see Iron Fist or Elektra improved; ditto for Groot, Sentry, CWBP, Gobby, WWII or any of the OG champs.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I'm hoping for Rocket, they gave him out like candy in December
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

I'm hoping for Rocket, they gave him out like candy in December

That was because of the GOTG Holiday Special release, Kabam just got the years mixed up.....
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

They’ve already said that OG Cap is not in line for a buff “soon.”
    Sorry, may I ask when did they say that? I am also expecting a OG Cap buff for the following reasons:

1- They did a small update of the vfx of OG cap this January. Usually buffs come along with vfx updates too. What might have happened is that because of the holidays and the Jan skipped biffs, the OG cap buffs gor pushed for later but whoever artist that was working on the vfx update did manage to get them done earlier. So if they were good to go they decided ro release them in Jan . I doubt they would commission one dev for vfx update only if they weren't also considering and kit buff too.

2- A new Capt America is coming next month (Sam Wilson) so MAYBE, JUST MAYBE Kabam finally realized that is not right to release a new champ while the OG one of that theme/type still sucks big time. Now, I know that Kabam has a pretty bad record on this regard ... for example OG Spiderman still sucks even after they released or buffed many other great spideys like starky, stealthy, miles, Sp2099, the pig, etc. .... but here's to hoping that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, they finally realized the error in their ways.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

They’ve already said that OG Cap is not in line for a buff “soon.”
    Sorry, may I ask when did they say that? I am also expecting a OG Cap buff for the following reasons:

1- They did a small update of the vfx of OG cap this January. Usually buffs come along with vfx updates too. What might have happened is that because of the holidays and the Jan skipped biffs, the OG cap buffs gor pushed for later but whoever artist that was working on the vfx update did manage to get them done earlier. So if they were good to go they decided ro release them in Jan . I doubt they would commission one dev for vfx update only if they weren't also considering and kit buff too.

2- A new Capt America is coming next month (Sam Wilson) so MAYBE, JUST MAYBE Kabam finally realized that is not right to release a new champ while the OG one of that theme/type still sucks big time. Now, I know that Kabam has a pretty bad record on this regard ... for example OG Spiderman still sucks even after they released or buffed many other great spideys like starky, stealthy, miles, Sp2099, the pig, etc. .... but here's to hoping that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, they finally realized the error in their ways.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2006950#Comment_2006950

Note the two comments from Miike in the thread. I guess it was only a confirmation that he wasn’t the February buff, but I’d guess they don’t really have one in the pipe for him.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Hopefully a skill and a tech. I'd be happy with Moon Knight and Green Goblin (think these 2 are possibilities since MK has an upcoming show and GG for the recent movie). I also would not mind an OG Daredevil buff (could tie in with a rumored upcoming champ).

But, as always, I'm really only hoping for an OG Hulk overhaul.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Moon Knight needs one and he has his Disney plus series in march
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Squirrel girl and task master
  • Options
    Zhahovic7Zhahovic7 Posts: 35
    Check out the duds in the featured 6* crystal, two of them will be buffed....maybe abomination, taskmaster or squirrel girl
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Squirrel girl and task master

I agree probably one or both of these given they are in both the 5 and 6* featured crystal.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Squirrel girl and moonknight
  • Options
    I guess Moon Knight buff will be in March. Any chance of Vision (AoU) being buffed?
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    Mephisto said:

I guess Moon Knight buff will be in March. Any chance of Vision (AoU) being buffed?

I wouldn't be opposed to a Vision AoU buff, although I'm hoping as it's supposed to be Hell's Kitchen month at least one of the buffs would be in that vein. We'll hopefully see in a day or two.