**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who are Febuary Buff Champs ?

Comments

• Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kerneas said:

Call me stupid and impatient, but it is kinda late in this month and I certainly would like to know names. Not even spotlights, just the names.

There are still 2 weeks left. Irl month β‰  ingame month
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I’ve been doing some leaking myself and I’ve heard of a Doom buff

Nice try Karl
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I’d like to see a mystic. A science would be cool too.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Logan00 said:

Raichu626 said:

Kerneas said:

Call me stupid and impatient, but it is kinda late in this month and I certainly would like to know names. Not even spotlights, just the names.

2 weeks? Next Wednesday we should have already the new update , no?
    No actually, game updates usually come on mondays. I’d assume this one will come out on Feb. 7th.
    Monday or Tuesday, it varies. Probably like a 70/30 split. Usually Mondays, but it’s Tuesday often enough that it’s worth mentioning.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I think they should stop buffing champs. They’ve proven time and time again that they focus more on buffing them defensively than offensively.

If anyone from kabam is reading this please do not take this as an indication of what the community at large thinks. This is demonstrably wrong.

There has been 0, none, and nada buffs that have only made a champion worse for defence. Some buffs have made them slightly worse to fight, but not significantly worse, and furthermore, the overwhelming majority of buffs have focussed on offence.

Seriously, go through each buff right now and try and tell me which one made them worse on defence by focussing on an ability to specifically make them worse on defence.

P2099 was already a bad defender, his buff was designed for offence. Bishop was only made worse for defence because they removed a silly part of his kit anyway that killed you on offence, terrax already had his rock field, Ebony maw had his degen (an offensive as well as defensive ability) tuned up slightly, Joe Fixit had one small part of his kit added to make him a little more annoying on defence. But all of them had tune ups or abilities added to largely make them better on offence, the massive majority of their abilities from the buffs are offensive.

You can’t argue any of those were designed to make them worse on defence. What you’re seeing is by making champions better on offence, sometimes abilities are tuned or added that then make them better on defence. But for all of them, they are sufficiently better on offence that it really doesn’t matter to even get a little annoyed about champions being harder on defence, let alone think the program should stop because of it. If you could win awards for overreactions, I think your post would win it.
    They didn't tune Maw's degen slightly. They tuned it through the roof.
    Ironically still not to the level Kabam Broccoli initially made him to be.
    Maw is underrated as a character.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,740 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Raichu626 said:

Kerneas said:

I know, the timing is weird this time. But around this time we used to slowly get the announcements. The pacing has been varying past months, but revealing them two weeks ahead wouldn't be a big surprise
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    There’s still about 2 weeks left before this month’s EQ is over (it feels like forever!). So, we have some time.

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Searmenis said:

Phoenix overhaul or/and, a brand new Sigil Jean Grey would be awesome.

Honestly, I would love that.
    I'd be quite happy with a Phoenix buff at some point. She's definitely on my list and not at all because I've got a naturally duped 6*. :D

I've got high hopes for Feb. So naturally I'm going to be disappointed in the end which mirrors every time I've opened a Login Crystal but there you go...
  • Options
    KyriosRaisKyriosRais Posts: 65 β˜…
    Sentry and Jane Foster
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Sentry and Jane Foster

Cap?
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Wicket329 said:

As a community we need to realize that there isn’t a set schedule for when they announce things for the next month. Sometimes we get two weeks notice, sometimes it’s practically same day. There’s no pattern. And that’s okay! We’ll get the information when we get it.

If I had to guess, I’d say we’re likely to find out about next month’s champs during this week, shortly after the winner of the vote is announced. January is a fairly dry month in the Contest, so they’re probably just trying to string out exciting announcements.

Everybody just really really really wants that list with all of the Champions they have planned to be buffed for the year and the only thing that sucks is I'm pretty sure if it ever got out, it'll never be to anyone's satisfaction.
    My list:

All the champs that need buffs, please buff.

Thanks!
    My man Fluffy dropping knowledge. 😍
    I also assume all the meme champs will get buffed eventually, so what order matters very little to me.
    Just make the buffs good and let's keep it moving.
  • Options
    ŁŀÇŁŀÇ Posts: 350 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Whoever it is, I hope it makes some champion an instant AW attack option. Or elite boss. Maybe not the Mags treatment, but make it close!

Also, I would love to see a truly popular Marvel character become elite. Outside of Magneto, CapIW, or kinda Doom(he's somewhat popular for Fan4ishfans), I would love a very well known character become God tier. Quake? Ghost? Most people that play didn't even know those characters before this game.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Whoever it is, I hope it makes some champion an instant AW attack option. Or elite boss. Maybe not the Mags treatment, but make it close!

Also, I would love to see a truly popular Marvel character become elite. Outside of Magneto, CapIW, or kinda Doom(he's somewhat popular for Fan4ishfans), I would love a very well known character become God tier. Quake? Ghost? Most people that play didn't even know those characters before this game.

Unfortunately Mike and some of the other developers have gone on record and saying that no upcoming buff should or would be on par what they did with Magneto. Although to be Fair, there have been plenty of Buffs where they didn't have to go that extensive in order to unlock a Champion's true potential.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Phoenix overhaul or/and, a brand new Sigil Jean Grey would be awesome.

Remove that sigil part and stop promoting to them that Paywalling champions is a good thing, bad enough they done it with scarlet witch, how many hundreds did it cost to get her as a 6*? Many many more to dupe her.

Dark phoenix and Jean grey both need added to the game naturally.

Why would it cost hundreds? The sigil is only $10 a month and depending on your level of progression, you could have gotten her for the equivalent of $60 or maybe as much as $150.
  • Options
    ŁŀÇŁŀÇ Posts: 350 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Unfortunately Mike and some of the other developers have gone on record and saying that no upcoming buff should or would be on par what they did with Magneto. Although to be Fair, there have been plenty of Buffs where they didn't have to go that extensive in order to unlock a Champion's true potential.
    @Shadowstrike agree. Hell, look at Diablo. He's insane now with his true potential unlocked. KP, Moleman, even YJ getting a massive utility buff.

I just want someone we all are familiar with becoming elite. A Cyclops, an AntMan, and OG champ, etc.