**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Max Sig 6* - Need QOL update

DuffMcGruffDuffMcGruff Posts: 401 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
This is just another post about the issue with max sig 6*….

As a FTP player, I don’t have a ton of 6* stones compared to the others. I have sort of forced myself to use stones that are great investments (Ghost and Namor). However, I have left them at sig 180 to give myself a buffer in case I actually dupe those champs.

With that said, I really need a good reason to completely max sig champs without wasting a crystal when I dupe them at sig 200. I have so many sig stones just sitting in inventory that I would love to use. This issue has gone on for far too long. I really see no problem with just giving a respin of that 6* pull. That will not break the game whatsoever
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

Am I really being the ridiculous?

Just the reroll bit. Your frustration is reasonable, but maybe a more balanced solution would be better. As others have suggested, some sigs would be a good reward, or a good amount of extra shards. Maybe 1-2.5k shards.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★

Am I really being the ridiculous?

A respin is very ridiculous. It’s essentially 2 six star crystals for 10,000 shards. Sure the first pull only gets you 24 class iso since it was max sig but you still get two spins for 10,000 shards. That’s pretty crazy
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Lpoo said:

I think just adding some mythic shards or something would be fine

Mythic shards are not a terrible idea...

Tbh, there is alot of QOL changes with crystals that need to be made. Personally, i think adding dual class 6's is more important than max sig 6 star rewards...
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    edited January 2022

This is just another post about the issue with max sig 6*….

As a FTP player, I don’t have a ton of 6* stones compared to the others. I have sort of forced myself to use stones that are great investments (Ghost and Namor). However, I have left them at sig 180 to give myself a buffer in case I actually dupe those champs.

With that said, I really need a good reason to completely max sig champs without wasting a crystal when I dupe them at sig 200. I have so many sig stones just sitting in inventory that I would love to use. This issue has gone on for far too long. I really see no problem with just giving a respin of that 6* pull. That will not break the game whatsoever

If you knew it was yet another post to a topic that was already discussed this week, why not just add the previous topic instead of cluttering the forums with redundant posts?
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    A general respin option is a great idea. I like it.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I was really with you until you said re-spin. Dial that back by like 90% and you might make some headway. I’d be cool with like five sig stones of that class.

How does getting more sig stones help with the "max sig champ" problem?
  • Options
    SandeepS said:

A general respin option is a great idea. I like it.

You would.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Max Sig 6* gets 1.5x iso. 36 bricks.
    Just throwing options out there, its not likely they are going to change anything anyway
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I don't understand why people think this is such a big deal. Before there were 5*'s, duping a 4* just gave iso and gold. Before there were 6*'s, duping a 5* just gave iso and gold. So logically, duping a 6* should only give iso and gold since there isn't another star rarity. No one complained this much for when. It was for 4 and 5 stars but y'all posting these threads like 2 or 3 times a month.
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 766 ★★★
    I vote for the re spin
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★

I don't understand why people think this is such a big deal...

Really? You can’t understand why people don’t enjoy spending 10,000 shards or more for essentially some gold and ISO, instead of a new champion or more levels on an existing champion ??!!!!??
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

I was really with you until you said re-spin. Dial that back by like 90% and you might make some headway. I’d be cool with like five sig stones of that class.

Duplicating a non-6* champion grants iso, gold, some amount of signature levels (depending on rarity), and a handful of shards for the next rarity of champion crystal. Currently, duping a 6* grants iso, gold, and 20 signature levels for the duped champion. This is already less than what you get for duping a lesser rarity of champion, however it is widely seen as a worthwhile tradeoff because 6* champions are more powerful and the ability to increase their signature level is harder to come by.

However, when duping a champion who is already at sig 200, you are now no longer getting the signature levels that made the lack of shards a non-issue, so it feels to the player like they are actually losing out twice. By allowing some amount of class-specific signature stones as a reward for duping a sig 200 champion, it takes the sting out by allowing the player to reassign the value of the pull rather than lose it altogether. It doesn’t need to be a perfect 100% transition of value, but just some amount so that it doesn’t feel like the effort put into grinding the shards was wasted.
    So you want more sig stones to get more 6*'s sigs up which means more max sig 6*'s. Totally makes sense.
  • Options

I don't understand why people think this is such a big deal...

Really? You can’t understand why people don’t enjoy spending 10,000 shards or more for essentially some gold and ISO, instead of a new champion or more levels on an existing champion ??!!!!??
    It's literally how it's been since this game has been released.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Duplicating a non-6* champion grants iso, gold, some amount of signature levels (depending on rarity), and a handful of shards for the next rarity of champion crystal. Currently, duping a 6* grants iso, gold, and 20 signature levels for the duped champion. This is already less than what you get for duping a lesser rarity of champion, however it is widely seen as a worthwhile tradeoff because 6* champions are more powerful and the ability to increase their signature level is harder to come by.

However, when duping a champion who is already at sig 200, you are now no longer getting the signature levels that made the lack of shards a non-issue, so it feels to the player like they are actually losing out twice. By allowing some amount of class-specific signature stones as a reward for duping a sig 200 champion, it takes the sting out by allowing the player to reassign the value of the pull rather than lose it altogether. It doesn’t need to be a perfect 100% transition of value, but just some amount so that it doesn’t feel like the effort put into grinding the shards was wasted.
    So you want more sig stones to get more 6*'s sigs up which means more max sig 6*'s. Totally makes sense.
    Instead of just being a contrarian why don't you add to the subject? I think it's a great idea to reward players for reaching a miax sig 6 star as it's not an easy thing to do.

It's not because it was like that for 4 and 5 stars that it has to be like that for 6 stars. Things can change, and they should, it makes the game better and evolve. 6 stars are the highest rarity of champs to aqcuire and a six star max sig the highest after that. It's not illogical that players want to be rewarded. Your logic is literally "oh but x was always bad so I don't see why you are complaining now? It has been bad for 5 years." If something is bad then people can discuss how they would like it better, no?

It does however increase the power creep so I believe any possible rewards should be well thought out. Just giving away 6 star sig stones (which are still very valuable in game) might not be it. Mythic shards seem like a good option to me, 275 maybe? That way it's something but not gamebreaking.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Instead of just being a contrarian why don't you add to the subject? I think it's a great idea to reward players for reaching a miax sig 6 star as it's not an easy thing to do.

It's not because it was like that for 4 and 5 stars that it has to be like that for 6 stars. Things can change, and they should, it makes the game better and evolve. 6 stars are the highest rarity of champs to aqcuire and a six star max sig the highest after that. It's not illogical that players want to be rewarded. Your logic is literally "oh but x was always bad so I don't see why you are complaining now? It has been bad for 5 years." If something is bad then people can discuss how they would like it better, no?

It does however increase the power creep so I believe any possible rewards should be well thought out. Just giving away 6 star sig stones (which are still very valuable in game) might not be it. Mythic shards seem like a good option to me, 275 maybe? That way it's something but not gamebreaking.
    It's not my logic. It's the logic of the game. We've been through this twice now, before 5*'s and before 6*'s. It's how the games' logic has worked.

The only thing I think should add is a Max sig crystal for 6*'s. Same stuff that's on the others but 6* versions. Put mythic or 6* shards in them. Doesn't matter.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

It's not my logic. It's the logic of the game. We've been through this twice now, before 5*'s and before 6*'s. It's how the games' logic has worked.

The only thing I think should add is a Max sig crystal for 6*'s. Same stuff that's on the others but 6* versions. Put mythic or 6* shards in them. Doesn't matter.
    Aaight that's a decent suggestion bro!
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    FTP complaining about having a max sig 6? Briant Grant is jealous.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    From best I could find, 5 star champs came out with act 4 in 2015, 6star shards from dupes started at the end of 2017. So were at 4 years of 6 star s with max sig rewards of just ISO vs the 2(ish) years without rewards from max sig 5 star. Time wise there should be thought to a change, mythic shards isn't a bad shout as you usually get shards from a dupe and max sig. Infact I'd like to see mythic shards for any dupe - then more in a max sig crystal.

Also, "it's how it's always been" is a pathetic head in the sand excuse to just antagonise people instead of being constructive when someone posted a legitimate question in the suggestions thread.