**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War Rank question (not regarding the inbox message or enlistment!)

My Alliance ended season 30 in Gold 3 position 241.
We chose not to play during "off season" as we were all under the impression that off season participation does not affect any ranking or positional standings (correct me if I am wrong here please!) .
However, we have started this season off on 2 losses to 1 win, and we have currently dropped all the way to Silver 2 rank 152, completely dropping out of Gold and skipping over Silver 1... this seems like a massive drop for only being 1 war down during the season.
Is there something I've missed or misunderstood here, or is there an issue?
looking for help/advice from fellow members or mods in the know

Thanks in advance
Archdemon_

Comments

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    how many bg are you guys running?? and whats your multiplier/tier?
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    We run all 3 BG's
    I dont know what it was last season but currently its Tier 19 with multiplier of 1.3x (in the Silver 2)
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    It's cause the tier your in also I thought the off season war tier not changing was only for the top? I could be wrong.
    DL864 said:

It's cause the tier your in also I thought the off season war tier not changing was only for the top? I could be wrong.

I might be mistaken myself but I'm sure we've not dropped ranks before (and we've not played off seasons for a few cycles now) we might have sometimes dropped tier or multiplier but we usually stay in gold 2/3 (wherever we finished the previous season at) which is where we typically hover anyway.... I'm really confused how we could drop Gold 3 to Silver 2 out of season, and even if that was right then how did we completely skip through an entire rank of silver 1?
    edited January 2022
    Zan0 said:

You didn’t drop from gold 3. It doesn’t matter where you placed last season for where you start this one

All that matters is at what tier multiplier you start at. So if you lost some wars in off season you screwed yourselves over

if this is correct, then why do we ALWAYS start back in gold 2 or 3 (exactly where we ended the previous season) and what's changed this time around if we've not changed anything we do, our practices or anything else coming into this season? it still makes no sense to me .. and it still doesn't explain a 2 level change in our starting point
  • Gold/Silver medal placement does not matter anymore after season ends, your season points start back at 0 for every season.

And Tier-19 does not mean you are in Gold-3 or Silver-2. Tier (War Rating % based) and Medal bracket have no correlation to one another, other than dictating your “potential” points that you could earn towards Medal bracket ranking.

What carries over is your War Rating, which determines your Multiplier for each war. I’m guessing if you are low Tier 19 that it is something like War Rating of 1000 or below (?)

WR Rating does change +/- during off-season for most alliances (everyone below Tier-5, %-based on War Rating). Being at Tier 19 with low multiplier, could be that other newer alliances playing in off-season were maybe pushing past you to move up into higher multiplier before season started.

But really all comes down to after 3 wars last season, what was your record, AND how many BG Boss kills in them as well. Versus saying you were only 1-2 this season (with also probably less BG kills).

Gold/Silver medal placement does not matter anymore after season ends, your season points start back at 0 for every season.

And Tier-19 does not mean you are in Gold-3 or Silver-2. Tier (War Rating % based) and Medal bracket have no correlation to one another, other than dictating your “potential” points that you could earn towards Medal bracket ranking.

What carries over is your War Rating, which determines your Multiplier for each war. I’m guessing if you are low Tier 19 that it is something like War Rating of 1000 or below (?)

WR Rating does change +/- during off-season for most alliances (everyone below Tier-5, %-based on War Rating). Being at Tier 19 with low multiplier, could be that other newer alliances playing in off-season were maybe pushing past you to move up into higher multiplier before season started.

But really all comes down to after 3 wars last season, what was your record, AND how many BG Boss kills in them as well. Versus saying you were only 1-2 this season (with also probably less BG kills).

Ah OK, I think I have a better understanding now, thanks @SummonerNR!
    our war rating is 803 - We always clear all 3 groups bosses, and its extremely rare for us not to 100% exploration too. Typically our loses come down to attack bonus.

Looks like we just need to work harder to catch up to those people who played in off season then!

Thanks all who took time to answer too!