**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss Preparation and Advice

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve come to a point where it’s time to run my first completion of the Abyss.

When I attempt it - I will have:

Rank 3 Doom and Torch
Rank 5 Aegon and Fury

For anyone who has completed it, any advice or links to videos that were helpful, please let me know. Any champions that you think would be helpful as well is much appreciated. I’ll be prepping for the next two weeks for resources. I plan to go in with at least 50 revives stored and at least 2k units.

I’m at an intermediate skill level (100% all variants, 100% Act 6.1, 6.3, 7.1, and 7.2, with near full exploration of 6.2, 6.4, and 7.3).
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Take Heimdall. MVP bar aegon.
  • Options
    heruheru511heruheru511 Posts: 164 ★★
    For the love of all holy please open MD (at least 3 pointsIMO), my own run was hell without it on Cosmics. I think replace Fury with Void, he'll be much useful especially for last 15% of IMIW and Fixit fight (for IW fight Aegon works fine).

Heimdall is sooo clutch, 100% worth it to bring him.
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★

For the love of all holy please open MD (at least 3 pointsIMO), my own run was hell without it on Cosmics. I think replace Fury with Void, he'll be much useful especially for last 15% of IMIW and Fixit fight (for IW fight Aegon works fine).

Heimdall is sooo clutch, 100% worth it to bring him.

I don’t think MD helps that much. The Cosmics shouldn’t be too bad with an r3 Doom. And I agree that Nick Fury might not be the best choice to bring, but I don’t think Void helps much if he already has Torch. Based on Swedeah’s Itemless run, Apoc and Stryfe can put in some serious work if you have them. Or Heimdall will definitely help.

For videos, I remember Munash had a bunch of good ones that explained what he was trying to do for each fight. Good luck!
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    The grind MCOC (youtube) has a very useful guide based on a spreadsheet. That spreadsheet contains all details about each fight in abyss and is useful for keeping record of resources as well.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    KT1 did a series of videos about a year ago, each redoing a path from Abyss. I used those when I did my last 2 paths and found them helpful.

Three pieces of advice:

1) study each defender in advance. Watch a couple videos on your attacker beating that particular defender.

2) don't get greedy when you're building Aegon up. I had a few fights where I had 200+ combo, knew I should quit out, but tried to get just a bit more. It's an and expensive and frustrating mistake.

3) build up more units. 50 revives + 2k units would be a great first run...and most of us aren't great on the first run.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 338 ★★
    I'm against wonder woman now
    Started somewhere Second week in January with 1953 revives,39 l1 single revives and some,like 15 health portions.
    My team is a r5 torch,ss,stealthy,odin and Hela.d fights aren't bad but long so u run out of changes and get clipped for d most paths.never run boosts or masteries except d normal plus dex and parry.Ill advice u pay attention to champs with d about 6 mill health pools d rest are kinda easy.Id advice u go with Magneto for IMIW and d metal champs.Nick is okey even if it's only against invincible woman.And he can do some huge damage without relying on portions.my mistake was not farming enough portions or not taking fury