**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The gameplay feels like honey (not a typo)

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
edited February 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
I should probably explain the title.

After this new update, various new issues popped up, but I would sum them up by saying, that it is all slowed down. Dashes, blocks, it all takes longer for the game to register (which also means I can't parry because the slower response gets me reliably smacked in the face, tested) and that makes me feel like the champions move in honey, being slowed down by the high viscosity. Am I the only one?

So far I have detected these issues in particular:
- block doesn't work (I hold block and no response)
- activating block takes longer (if it even activates, see previous point)
- dexing and blocking is no longer possible to do simultaneously (so if you block, you cannot dash back unless you release the block earlier. No more block hit and dex)
- dashing takes longer to register (making intercepts much less reliable)

Before making any premature decisions, I'd like to know how many people are affected, because it's well possible it is just my device (Android ftr)
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Or treacle as the Brits call it
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Definitely not just your device as many Android players have been on the forums about it for about 20 hours now. Far from alone.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

o_o said:

Treacle is different to honey

-one of “the Brits”
    Believe he said y'all call molasses treacle. Even tho they're not the same, as far as I know.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

o_o said:

-one of “the Brits”
    Believe he said y'all call molasses treacle. Even tho they're not the same, as far as I know.
    Ah I missed his first post as they weren’t linked haha
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    I can say with near absolute certainty that game controls cost us a war win today. We had better diversity by 1 but had one more death. One was mine, swiping back to evade a Domino Sp1 on a prowess/block penetration node with my Apoc.

Apoc didn’t budge and ate the special that crit and consumed my remaining 30K+ health. Went back in and finished the last 5K health on Domino and cleared the rest of boss island.

Does it really matter? Nope—we aren’t top tier and don’t push AW hard. We will end up where we always end up regardless when season ends.

Could someone else have “not died”? Sure—we were low single digit deaths so there were others who could have played better (assuming controls didn’t affect them).

But the point that boils me is this: frustrating and negative game experiences are really starting to pile up, even in a laid back alliance. Can’t imagine what it’s like for players who are pressing for more.

Dr. Zola
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

o_o said:

-one of “the Brits”
    Ah I missed his first post as they weren’t linked haha
    Yeah I was referring to molasses but Scarcity27 is right, turns out it’s not quite the same as treacle anyways 😬
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I always feel like it’s sticky. Like a table at diary queen at the end of the day
  • AviXAviX Posts: 16
    edited February 2022
    Its time for Kabam to make MCOC 2.0 version .

Start writing the code from the scratch it may resolve the issue and we may see MCOC 2.0 in 2030.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

o_o said:

-one of “the Brits”
    Golden syrup then?

- also one of 'the Brits...
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 265
    In addition to above list:

1) My champs get rooted randomly during defenders' heavy preventing me from dashing back or evading.
    2) Random jarring frame rates to make your timings go haywire.
    3) Blocks coming off by themselves.
    4) Champs rushing in instead of blocking/evading, more often when defenders throw a special (and no, it isn't against Emma Frost, Mr Negative, etc).
    5) Our champs are slower, yet defenders are faster, slippery, and stickier (don't get dirty thoughts, that's just dirty fighting).

Issues are just getting worse and being piled on, and it's been over a year now. Have a hunch it isn't going to get better.
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 265
    I was just doing exploration of 6.1.6. Healed a champ and went into the fight, game froze, and when it came back on, just got a glimpse of the defender knocking out my champ. This is beyond ridiculous now. And yes, Kabam's compensation is as big a joke as their "efforts" to resolve these issues. Over a year now, really?
  • Dee_1001Dee_1001 Posts: 46
    Trying to get to thronebreaker and I am copping it from failed inputs. Light attack instead of dashing in, failing to dash back, parry fails, my attack stopping mid combo. Have to delay my input or higher probability it will fall to register.
    High end content is unplayable at the moment.