**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Season rewards cutoff if season ends abruptly

Hello so I am wondering about this.

The current eligibility to receive AW season rewards states you need to participate in the last 4 wars, if the season is cut short say “tomorrow” that means the last 3 wars are gone

Now I have joined an alliance a few days ago and have done 1 war so far and would be doing the last 3 to receive the aw season rewards.

If I don’t receive the rewards that my alliances does because of this I’d be very displeased.

Comments

• Ares2239Ares2239 Posts: 52
    @Kabam Miike

If I and the rest of the community can get a response on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Don’t think you’re speaking for “the community” - but I’m guessing some version of this happens ever war season that gets cut off. I understand some frustration, but not sure why it would be their responsibility if you join an alliance towards end of the season.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Ares2239 said:

Hello so I am wondering about this.

The current eligibility to receive AW season rewards states you need to participate in the last 4 wars, if the season is cut short say “tomorrow” that means the last 3 wars are gone

Now I have joined an alliance a few days ago and have done 1 war so far and would be doing the last 3 to receive the aw season rewards.

If I don’t receive the rewards that my alliances does because of this I’d be very displeased.

You can remedy this by moving alliances only between seasons.
  • Announcement said that “compensation” if season ends early would not be based on staying with same alliance until they come out.

But normal Season Rewards WILL have to stay in alliance until received.

As to # required, as they continued to cancel wars in other seasons, they have reduced the required # by that same amount each time (although I guess that at least a minimum of 1 will still be needed). So already at 4 required, if final 3 also get ax’d then they most likely will lower that down to 1.
    @SummonerNR thats what I had figured would be the case since they’ve done the same thing in previous seasons. I just wanted to get some clarification from the kabam team about it.
    Tru100 said:

Don’t think you’re speaking for “the community” - but I’m guessing some version of this happens ever war season that gets cut off. I understand some frustration, but not sure why it would be their responsibility if you join an alliance towards end of the season.

Well because they stated the requirements was 4 wars needed so there wasn’t an issue until the announced season might be cancelled due to their update. If that makes sense to you

• SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    I thought that they typically lowered the required number of wars by the number that they shorten the season by. So if they cut the season short two wars then they lower the requirement by two wars. So if they call the season now then I would guess that they would lower the requirement by an additional 3 wars. I could be wrong, I tend to stay in an alliance for long stretches but I thought this was how it was handled previously.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Ares2239 said:

@SummonerNR thats what I had figured would be the case since they’ve done the same thing in previous seasons. I just wanted to get some clarification from the kabam team about it.

There's nothing to clarify until the season is canceled, if it is canceled at all. If they cancel the last 3 wars, they'll make and communicate adjustments as that will be when said communication is necessary. The current plan is to continue the season, so there's nothing to communicate.

I understand wanting information from Kabam when we have no clue what's going on, but they've communicated the plan and at this point canceling the season isn't part of it even though they've recognized it as a possibility. If it gets canceled I'm sure they'll communicate in a manner that doesn't fit our view of timeliness, but will give you the clarity you desire when it's necessary for them to give it.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 365 ★★★
    If they cut the season short they generally take the number of excluded wars off from the five. So the one already excluded and whatever left