**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Updating or not - Android playability

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

Genuine question; I am on Android and have not updated as war and AQ are on and I can't risk not being able to parry, dex or block.

Is there a time limit that we can go without updating before we are forced to?

If we don't update, presumably it is only the monthly Event quests and side quests we miss out on and that it does not impact enrolling in AQ and war?

It would be great to have some insights here on how Android users can stay on the current version and then in turn, what that means in terms of ongoing game access and associated limitations, if any.

(I have no interest in the two new characters, so assuming/hoping it's only the monthly EQ and SQ rewards I'd be missing out on)

Comments

• @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

Genuine question; I am on Android and have not updated as war and AQ are on and I can't risk not being able to parry, dex or block.

If we don't update, presumably it is only the monthly Event quests and side quests we miss out on and that it does not impact enrolling in AQ and war?

It would be great to have some insights here on how Android users can stay on the current version and then in turn, what that means in terms of ongoing game access and associated limitations, if any.

(I have no interest in the two new characters, so assuming/hoping it's only the monthly EQ and SQ rewards I'd be missing out on)

You are forced to update after 1pm EST today.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    @pseudosane say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!!! 😭

No way of getting around this?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,815 Guardian
    edited February 2022

@pseudosane say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!!! 😭

No way of getting around this?

I wish. It has always forced me to update. I try to always wait till the last moment.
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Buy an iPhone
  • DeremusDeremus Posts: 134 ★★

LordPSN said:

There are no bugs..
    Just update the game.
    I am playing on OnePlus.

You must be using one of those Quantum Technology devices designed by Elon Musk’s Space-X

Yea bruh tripping. How he gonn speak for all these other Android phones. And wtf is a oneplus
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    LordPSN said:

There are no bugs..
    Just update the game.
    I am playing on OnePlus.

My main game phone is a OnePlus 9.... the bugs are most certainly there including a lot of blurring
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,815 Guardian
    edited February 2022

LordPSN said:

There are no bugs..
    Just update the game.
    I am playing on OnePlus.

My main game phone is a OnePlus 9.... the bugs are most certainly there including a lot of blurring
    i think some of the older phones with lower fps or something may not have been affected.
    I have the issues though, and i reverted to an older version so that i can actually play.
  • sparky205sparky205 Posts: 28
    I've been playing on Android for a few yrs, right now my current phone is a samsung galaxy S10. This latest update has made the game really hard to play. Dex/parry not working and so you are thinking that parry proced or dashed back to evade a hit, then immediately taking a 5 hit combo to the face.
  • I have updated and the game is unplayable. Not even block works, can't activate special attacks. I have played this game on Android since the first time they released a character through arenas and I have never seen it worse. There is no point in playing anymore if you can't even attack or defend.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    edited February 2022
    I have OnePlus 7 pro and for the game is running silky smooth.
    I am not facing any issue.

Edit- Maybe you guys should buy a better phone!
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★

LordPSN said:

One plus 8t and 9 here. You seem to be the one with the outdated phone buddy
    Yeah. "Outdated phone" and still not getting the said issues..
    Maybe you need to update your OS?
  • LordPSN said:

LordPSN said:

One plus 8t and 9 here. You seem to be the one with the outdated phone buddy
    Yeah. "Outdated phone" and still not getting the said issues..
    Maybe you need to update your OS?
    Latest OS. They did say "low end" phones didnt have issues.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    LordPSN said:

I have OnePlus 7 pro and for me the game is running silky smooth.
    I am not facing any issues.

Edit- Maybe you guys should buy better phones!

You're welcome.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

Any time I've tried (usually unintentionally, in a wifi-free environment), you need to update after a couple of days at most.

Tbh, I haven't found it anything like as bad as people are posting. Timing is a little off; and a few dropped swipes here and there. Definitely don't update as long as you can; but when you do, it might not be as bad as you think.