**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Sauron counter (imo)

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
In my opinion, the best Sauron counter is Howard the Duck.

Sauron's biggest pain point is bleed and prowess (and the unblockable coming from that). There is no way to get rid of that prowess in his kit, and since it's not a buff, nullify is not an option. Luckily, HtD has a synergy just for that:

Not so Uncanny - with Gambit/Bishop/SPX/Platpool

If Howard knocks the opponent down, he removes all their Prowess effects and gets a 10% prowess buff for 10 secs for each effect removed that way.

So, all you need to do is knock Sauron down. No Unblockable, no bleed, no bothering. Just parry, heavy, or heavy counter, or SP spam. And on top of that, all the synergy champs are at least decent or better.

I know this isn't some groundbreaking news, but I have tested this symergy and it works really well. And since HtD isn't very much talked about, I think this small bit of publicity do him only good.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    WM and sp1s also destroy sauron. You are right though, HtD with syn is a good counter.

Nimmy is also a total counter.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I cheesed the event with Kitty, phasing through all specials.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Not Nimrod?
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Hulk buster .
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 200 ★★
    Kerneas said:

There is no way to get rid of that prowess in his kit, and since it's not a buff, nullify is not an option

Indeed Nimrod can eliminate that prowess also regeneration. So, Nimrod is the perfect Sauron counter.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Not Nimrod?

Let Howard have his moment
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,022 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Not Nimrod?

Let Howard have his moment
    I regret to inform you the moment is over and Nimrod has entered the chat.

But actually, I absolutely cheesed Sauron in EQ and SQ as well as Toad in EQ with Nimrod. Could pretty much ignore the nodes and just go in as normal.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Look, I admit I haven't read Nimrod too well (afterall it's been about a week or so since he was added to the basic pool? Idk exactly) and when you all told me about him being the best counter, I actually had to read his abilities 3x before I noticed the one line about prowess+regen (I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed as you can see).

So yes, Nimrod is really the supreme mutant buster. Even with sub-100% uptime, he counters Sauron perfectly.

Still, point of this post is to give some credit to HtD, whom actually most players have. Nimrods glory will now only rise since his addition to the basic pool.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Thanks for the HTD suggestion. I love it when people think outside the box, especially champions that don't normally get the limelight.

But here's my vid of an unduped nimrod rinsing sauron. Also some instructions on how to use him and how to dex sauron's sp1.

https://youtu.be/Baa7HDzrkV0