**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Psylocke Buff Concept

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
Until such time as we officially get word that they're never ever doing overhauls or any kind of Buffs ever again, I'm going to keep going as if business was normal and crank out some Concepts that I think would help close that Gap that separates the least used to capably reliable.

I like Psylocke and I think there's something here in her kit if she was released today. So I decided to go with a concept that incorporates a lot of the stuff we're seeing now with mutants and especially what makes a lot of sense on paper and I'm hoping it's something that could at least influence John or JNick on a potential future buff.

Psylocke

Mutation - Always Active:
• Being a powerful Telepath, Psylocke is immune to Reverse Controls.

• Psylocke's precognition of incoming attacks helps her increase her evade of Critical Hits by 20%.
---------------

Always Active:
• When knocked down an opponent's Attack, Psylocke inflicts Falter on the opponent for 5 seconds followed by a 20 second cooldown. Cooldown timer can be decreased by 1 second per each successful evade of all attacks.

• Gain +1500 bonus Critical Damage Rating if the opponent's power remains below one bar.
-----------------

Psionic Energy:
• Psylocke's Psionic Weapons are made of telekinetic energy and deal Energy Damage instead of Physical Contact.

• Psylocke's Psionic Blade attacks the neurons of her enemies, disrupting their focus and deactivating all active buffs on the opponent for 10 seconds.
- If the opponent has no active Buffs, inflict an Armor Break instead lasting 12 seconds.

•Psylocke's Psionic Shielding increases her Energy Resistance by 40%.
---------------

Psi-Charges - Persistent (Max 5):
Psylocke gains Charges throughout the fight that can be carried over in the same Quest by the following two scenarios:

- For every successful 5 hit combo on the opponent, gain one Psi-Charge.
- Whenever the Opponent fills a bar of power, gain one Psi-Charge.

Each Charge decreases the opponent's Power Gain by 20% per each active charge.

•1 Charge is removed when Psylocke is knocked down by the opponent, restoring their power gain by 20% per Charge removed.

•All Charges are consumed with each successful Heavy Attack dealing an additional +2700 Energy Damage per Charge.

•All unused Charges are carried over into the next fight.
-----------------

Light Attacks:
• Psylocke's assassin training allows her to make shallow and precise cuts to her opponents, inflicting stackable low damage bleeds dealing +300 damage, each lasting 5 Seconds. (Max stack 15)
----------------

Special Attack 1:
Deplete of the 25% of target's max power.

- If this attack causes your opponent's power levels to be reduced over a special attack bar threshold, Psylocke will gain power until she reaches 1 bar of power over 0.25 seconds.

Special Attack 2:
100% chance the power lock the opponent for 6 seconds.
- If the attack fully connects, Psylocke will consume one Psi-Charge, gain 40% Max Power 0.25 seconds.

Special Attack 3:

Consumes all Psi- Charges. Burn 20% of target's power bar for each charge consumed, causing direct damage based on the amount burned.
- 100% chance to power lock the opponent for 10 seconds.
- If this attack reduces your opponent's power to 0%, inflict stun on the opponent for 6 seconds.
-------------------

Signature Ability: Psionic Prowess

•If Psylocke dashes back and holds block for 2 seconds, all Psi-Charges are converted into permanent Prowess buffs for the remainder of the fight, increasing special attack damage by 40% for each Prowess active. (Max 5)

• If Psylocke has three or more Prowess, her Special Attacks become Unlockable.

Comments

• OmniformOmniform Posts: 57
    Great Concept the only thing that doesn’t make sense is the Bleed. Earlier in the post it was stated that the damage type that Psylocke would be using is Energy Damage so it would make more sense for Light Attacks to deal Incinerate damage. Due to the nature of cuts made with energy, it would probably burn and cauterise the cuts instantly. So it could work like this:

Light Attacks:
    • Psylocke's assassin training allows her to make precise cuts with her energy weapons causing incinerate damage (+X damage) per incinerate lasting X seconds. If a special attack is used while X amount of incinerates are inflicted, they are then combined into a Cauterise Debuff inflicting X damage over X seconds (Max stack of Cauterise 3)

So you’d have the very quick low burn incinerates but can be juiced up by a special attack into a longer and slightly higher damage counterpart that is rewarding the use of both basic attacks and specials in unison. That’s just my thoughts.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Omniform said:

Great Concept the only thing that doesn’t make sense is the Bleed. Earlier in the post it was stated that the damage type that Psylocke would be using is Energy Damage so it would make more sense for Light Attacks to deal Incinerate damage. Due to the nature of cuts made with energy, it would probably burn and cauterise the cuts instantly. So it could work like this:

Light Attacks:
    • Psylocke's assassin training allows her to make precise cuts with her energy weapons causing incinerate damage (+X damage) per incinerate lasting X seconds. If a special attack is used while X amount of incinerates are inflicted, they are then combined into a Cauterise Debuff inflicting X damage over X seconds (Max stack of Cauterise 3)

So you’d have the very quick low burn incinerates but can be juiced up by a special attack into a longer and slightly higher damage counterpart that is rewarding the use of both basic attacks and specials in unison. That’s just my thoughts.

That's a fair adjustment. I also made some changes to the cap that I posted on the reddit version.
  • For her Light attacks, I was thinking that they should inflict passive concussions, or if possible speed up the expiration of buffs and/or nullify permanent buffs instead of bleed or incinerate because most skill champs will just shrug it off

Also, maybe make her gain a Psi-Charge after every 10 hits instead of the 5, since by the time you reach max 5 psi charges, that's already 25 hits and you're opponent probably already has one full bar of power so the excess just gets wasted.

In fact, maybe give her a boost against Skill champs where Ability Accuracy is decreased by a certain amount.