Options

This goes to show how bad match marking is

GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
All is on the line, last war of the season after a big rebuild last war season. Kabam, this is why people are frustrated for something which should be easy.
Also this post goes to show how useless the war rating system is, and what a black box it is. Firstly we face an alliance 30million more than us, this need to be really taken into account I know this does affect war rating bit it should and I know that money can buy a good account but not skill. Secondly how can an alliance ranked approximately 250 place ahead have a war rating around 10points higher. This is clearly not a great match up for underwraps but a very good match up for death knights. The problem is the war rating is not dynamicit doesnt change fast enough. There are clearly fundamentalproblems and please can play the system, war rating should emcompass all factors % of people thronebreaker, alliance rating, alliance quest scores and the factors surrounding the out of date war rating.
Another way to think about it if one if the top 3 took 2 seasons off there is no way they should be playing gold 1/ platinum 4 allianceit just doesnt make sense.
As a leader i know how many ppl are annoyed and kabam does to by account activity levels. As someonewho loves war the currentwar rating system is so far out of date and needs immediateattention

Comments

• Options
    Zan0 said:

Matchmaking is entirely based on war rating. And shouldn’t be based on anything else thing would get messy with alliances trying to game the system

But that is the problem, how can you have a 10 point difference separated by 250 places, when there are no .01 numbers it doesn't make sense. Or maybe you can explain how 250 places can be separated by 10 war ranking points.
    To give you some idea how far away from this alliance we are last war we had a massive win and only moved 10 positions.
    War rating metric are not telling the entire story.
    The numbers speak for themselves mathematical at least which I am better than most
  • Options

If you move to platinum your going to face the big alliances, there is no way to keep you facing a similar alliance rating as most are bigger than yours. You are obviously good enough to get there so keep going.

I understand that we have been in platinum for the last 3 seasons, we lost a few key players, and we only lost our position still the bad update. But, nevertheless placing people in match ups so far ahead looking just at the ladder, it's like Guerreros who are currently ranked 1 fighting someone in p3, that is ridiculous if I put it that way right?
  • Options

Ya a 10 point spread is totally fine, you won’t always get an exact spread

Isn't a war rating suppose to reflect your skill as a war alliance, which is also represented by the ladder, mathematical it makes no sense a 3 or 5 point moving mean incorporating some sort of standard error of the ladder makes for more evenly fair match up.
    The problem is the war rating doesn't change enough in the season
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Matchmaking is entirely based on war rating. And shouldn’t be based on anything else thing would get messy with alliances trying to game the system

But that is the problem, how can you have a 10 point difference separated by 250 places, when there are no .01 numbers it doesn't make sense. Or maybe you can explain how 250 places can be separated by 10 war ranking points.
    To give you some idea how far away from this alliance we are last war we had a massive win and only moved 10 positions.
    The numbers speak for themselves mathematical at least which I am better than most
    If war matchmaking was based on other things than war rating how would you keep gold 1 alliances from simply climbing the ladder and get masters without having to fight any opponents that are at that level currently??
    From the 12 wars this season there have only been 3 which we have had no chance, no sure if you have read everything we have been platinum 4 for the last 2 season and the first 9 wars this season.
    I was just speculation how to adjust it, the ultimate problem is this rating doesn't move its not dynamic which lends itself to one sided wars.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 thankyou for a comprehensive response, I dint know much about league of legends but chess I do, the issue is chess is like tennis takes a ling time to get to the top and a long time.e to come down more or less accumulative points, that does not sit true if you are being matched against someone ranked twice you I the ladder but have effectively the same war rating. Those games protect their marque players with rankings.
    The only reason I mentioned the other things I'd you can have great alliances who cushion a particular rating putting I resources to maintain and not to save loyalty and glory to focus on content kabam will have that info
  • Options
    OK to put it another way
    Dark knight have accumulated
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps
    That's almost 562k points more or 8% more points separated by 5war rating points, or a 0.03% war rating differential mathematical it doesn't stack up. Rational of reasoning in completely lost
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps
    That's almost 562k points more or 8% more points separated by 5war rating points, or a 0.03% war rating differential mathematical it doesn't stack up. Rational of reasoning in completely lost

What… those numbers have nothing to do with how matchmaking should work
    I think that's the problem it has everything to do with it, and shows how ineffective the war rating it.
    There are so many believers of the war rating does anyone actually know how it is calculated?
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps

I think that's the problem it has everything to do with it, and shows how ineffective the war rating it.
    There are so many believers of the war rating does anyone actually know how it is calculated?
    War rating isn’t calculated. It’s earned through winning wars and lost through losses. Everyone starts at 0
    Exactly, I have just looked up the maths how elo rating are calculated, it's obvious they are using a revised version because the maths don't add up. Otherwise our ranking wouldn't be so low in contrast to our war rating, that's a fact.
    Match making is needs a functioning war rating system, put is basically its a mess
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,866 ★★★★★
    Right now in the leaderboard (somewhere down there), there is an alliance which is 20x rating sitting one place below me. Who is in the wrong place?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Right now in the leaderboard (somewhere down there), there is an alliance which is 20x rating sitting one place below me. Who is in the wrong place?

Neither one
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,160 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps

War rating isn’t calculated. It’s earned through winning wars and lost through losses. Everyone starts at 0
    Exactly, I have just looked up the maths how elo rating are calculated, it's obvious they are using a revised version because the maths don't add up. Otherwise our ranking wouldn't be so low in contrast to our war rating, that's a fact.
    Match making is needs a functioning war rating system, put is basically its a mess

See these 3 wars? See the +/- on each? That's your war rating gain/loss for winning or losing. That's how your war rating is tallied up. Season points come from the tier your war is played in. It's possible your opponent played some wars at tier 4 and maybe even tier 3.

Here's the win from the first picture. Our war rating was 2711.

This loss cost is 46 points. That brought us to 2665. 2665-2711= 46.

This loss cost us 52 points. Bringing our war rating to 2613.

The war rating points you see on the match up screen are for win/lose. If you win, you gain those points. If you lose, you lose those points. The amount of points you can win/lose is based on your opponent. Bigger opponents usually mean more war rating points.

You can't do the math for your war rating right now because you didn't start from scratch this season and earn 2742 points. You'd have to have record of every win and loss for every season you have been in. The matchup is fair because your war rating is 5 points difference. You have 2742 and they have 2747.

Many of those alliances that are bigger are rarely taking war that serious. Go and actually try to win instead of complaining about the matchup here. If you want to Bamba and play with the big boys, gotta start somewhere.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

All is on the line, last war of the season after a big rebuild last war season. Kabam, this is why people are frustrated for something which should be easy.
    Also this post goes to show how useless the war rating system is, and what a black box it is. Firstly we face an alliance 30million more than us, this need to be really taken into account I know this does affect war rating bit it should and I know that money can buy a good account but not skill. Secondly how can an alliance ranked approximately 250 place ahead have a war rating around 10points higher. This is clearly not a great match up for underwraps but a very good match up for death knights. The problem is the war rating is not dynamicit doesnt change fast enough. There are clearly fundamentalproblems and please can play the system, war rating should emcompass all factors % of people thronebreaker, alliance rating, alliance quest scores and the factors surrounding the out of date war rating.
    Another way to think about it if one if the top 3 took 2 seasons off there is no way they should be playing gold 1/ platinum 4 allianceit just doesnt make sense.
    As a leader i know how many ppl are annoyed and kabam does to by account activity levels. As someonewho loves war the currentwar rating system is so far out of date and needs immediateattention

Actually, whatever you mentioned about matchmaking taking account into % of people, alliance rating, AQ scores etc, has been incorporated into War Ratings.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps

Sigh, I can’t be bothered anymore, you can’t wrap your head around matchmaking and how if you changed it to anything other than how it is now it would unbalance the entire system

War rating finds you a match, determines your season point multiplier and is persistent through seasons

Season points are gotten in a season and are reset to 0 after each season so it requires effort to keep your rank

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

If war matchmaking was based on other things than war rating how would you keep gold 1 alliances from simply climbing the ladder and get masters without having to fight any opponents that are at that level currently??
    From the 12 wars this season there have only been 3 which we have had no chance, no sure if you have read everything we have been platinum 4 for the last 2 season and the first 9 wars this season.
    I was just speculation how to adjust it, the ultimate problem is this rating doesn't move its not dynamic which lends itself to one sided wars.
    You've been in plat 4 and facing a plat 4 team.... You're 7th in gold 1 which is close to plat 4 currently. Either you've been incredibly lucky with matchups or you're way above your punching level and probably need to even out.
    With all respect I knew you would say this, and without reading all of the content you have added nothing to illuminate the situation.
    I have looked at the equations for the war rating they have used its impossible to have war ratings so close yet separated but so many points
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps

Sigh, I can’t be bothered anymore, you can’t wrap your head around matchmaking and how if you changed it to anything other than how it is now it would unbalance the entire system

War rating finds you a match, determines your season point multiplier and is persistent through seasons

Season points are gotten in a season and are reset to 0 after each season so it requires effort to keep your rank

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

You've been in plat 4 and facing a plat 4 team.... You're 7th in gold 1 which is close to plat 4 currently. Either you've been incredibly lucky with matchups or you're way above your punching level and probably need to even out.
    With all respect I knew you would say this, and without reading all of the content you have added nothing to illuminate the situation.
    I have looked at the equations for the war rating they have used its impossible to have war ratings so close yet separated but so many points
    Nah bro, it’s absolutely possible. You probably just started the season in a lower tier and were earning fewer points for your wins than they were for their loses. The multipliers for Tier 3 and 4 wars are a lot higher than Tier 6 wars.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,160 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

It's
    Not
    If
    You
    Play
    In
    Different
    Tiers
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,727 ★★★★★

You will lose to that alliance and never see them again but everyone has to start at zero.

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

OK to put it another way
    7,696,810 point
    Underwraps

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

Glads said:

Zan0 said:

And what equations would that be?

Mind… blown…