Does Anyone else feel like their account is cursed?

2»

Comments

• xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

xNig said:

To OP and all those who think their accounts are cursed, it’s called “Murphy’s Law”. But keep up the grind and eventually you’ll get lucky. That’s how rng works.

Pretty sure nobody actually thinks they're "cursed" and know it's how rng works. Doesn't change being frustrated at constantly getting the short end of the rng stick. It's easy to say eventually get lucky, less so when you go months at a time around each single stroke of luck every time.
    That’s true, but the definition of “lucky” varies from person to person. Something lucky to you might not be lucky to me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

My highest streak of not getting a single 4s champ from phc is around 300 crystals.

The PHC used to have about a 1% chance to drop a 4* champ. At those odds the probability of going 300 crystals without a 4* are about 4.9%. In other words, this probably happened to tens of thousands of players every year.

The PHC now has about a 3% chance to drop either a 4* champ or a 4* Nexus. At those odds the probability of going 300 crystals without either 4* drop are about 0.01% or about one in ten thousand. Every year, there are probably dozens of players that see this sort of streak. Another way to look at it, I currently have about 2600 unopened PHCs right now. If I opened all of them, the odds of seeing a 300 streak of no 4* drops would be about one in four.

Not what I would consider exceptionally unusual occurrences in either case.
    When did they change this? I totally missed that but it makes a lot of sense.
    My recollection is that some time before they started showing drop odds in the game (circa 2018) the PHC was bumped to 2% chance for 4*, and then when they added the nexus options across a bunch of crystals some time in 2020 the PHC increased to its current odds of 2.4% 4* and 0.6% Nexus 4*. However, someone out there probably has more precise information about this.

What I'm certain of is that the original drop rate was about 1%: different people testing the crystal independently were getting results between 0.9% and 1% (although this was never confirmed by Kabam, the amount of testing done cumulatively by myself and several other players was large enough to be statistically meaningful). I found a snapshot in 2018 where the drop odds were displayed as 2% shortly after the in-game odds feature was added. And of course people can check the crystal now. That seems to agree with my memory in broad terms.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

considering this is what i look at when i open the app, yes. i do feel like my game is cursed sometimes
  • 0casual00casual0 Member Posts: 457 ★★★
    I'm currently in the cursed state. My last five 6* pulls is Overseer, Yellowjacket, Beast, Superior Iron Man and Sinister. I know Overseer and YJ is not all that bad but it's just a champions that you will never catch me use them. I sure hope my luck will come again soon... I really wish...
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    0casual0 said:

I'm currently in the cursed state. My last five 6* pulls is Overseer, Yellowjacket, Beast, Superior Iron Man and Sinister. I know Overseer and YJ is not all that bad but it's just a champions that you will never catch me use them. I sure hope my luck will come again soon... I really wish...

I wouldn’t say “all that bad” but actually pretty useful and fun. Check out a Karatemike video or two on overseer, and I’m sure someone has one on Yellowjacket. He’s also super good if you do the Quantum trinity.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Yes. One time as I was entering the mall, I didn't hold the door open for this elderly woman covered in scarves and beads, and smelling like sandalwood. I tried to apologize, but the damage was done. She plucked a hair from my head and muttered something I couldn't understand. Ever since then, my pulls have been terrible.
  • 0casual00casual0 Member Posts: 457 ★★★

0casual0 said:

I wouldn’t say “all that bad” but actually pretty useful and fun. Check out a Karatemike video or two on overseer, and I’m sure someone has one on Yellowjacket. He’s also super good if you do the Quantum trinity.
    But YJ need like high sigs to be in his full potential right?
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    Good thing to ask here. Guess I am not alone. I have been on like 5-6 (top-) Alliances during my MCOC “career” and noone had as bad luck as me. Actually it has been - and still is - an ongoing discussion topic. But I guess it is common people outside those 5-6 Alliances.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    The change of pulling at least one 4s from 300 phc is…

But that is not important. 4s doesn’t matter. It should be seen in relation to pulling - for me - useless 5s champs, AGs, t4cc (and currently 6s champs and t5cc). It all adds up and draw a general picture of luck/unluck.

Add:
    And for the record. I have four accounts. And the unluck is only related to one of them. Unfortunately my main account.