**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation for Cancelled War #4 in Season 31 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Patience is a virtue
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre how often do you find yourself using that Cull Obsidian? Being considering investing in mine since I’ve got a Guardian but I’m still a bit hesitant on pulling the trigger

Not as often as I'd like. Once I ramp up story exploration again, it'll be more. Mostly just SQ and Cav.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    edited February 2022

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Rasilover said:

People really need to read the announcement completely

Don’t expect people to have good reading comprehension
    My reading comprehension is excellent. If you returned an item to a store and they told you you’d get some of your money back on Wednesday and the rest at a ‘later date’, would you just say ok? Or would you maybe post and ask, when can I can the rest of my money back. I hardly think asking for clarification of a vague explanation implies a lack of reading comprehension. Obviously Kabam doesn’t want to overpromise which is their prerogative, but I’m always surprised when people are satisfied with terrible customer service for a product they are spending their hard earned money on. Maybe it’s just me.

Had I originally posted, ‘when is the later date we should be expecting the additional compensation?’, would all this have been avoided?
    This isn't anything like returning a item to the store. Most retailers are going to give you your refund right away. Credit card returns can take 3-5 days to refund the money but it isn't the retailer, it's the bank.

Kabam isn't giving you a date because of they don't show, the community gets mad.
    Missing the point entirely. Why is ‘later’ acceptable? 3 to 5 days gives the customer an expectation. I’d like to hang out with you soon. I’ll call you later. Don’t you need clarification? Or will you sit by the phone waiting forever.

Spoiler alert, we’re probably never hanging out. But you never know.
    Because they don't know how long it will take to evaluate who was affected and how much they were.

I work in retail. When my customer orders some that is coming in on a purchase order because we're out, we don't give them a date of that P.O. We tell them we'll call them or give at least a 2 week buffer. We do that because the P.O can arrive late from the vendor. We don't want to promise them a date because they get mad if it doesn't arrive on time. Same concept here.
    I also work in retail. When I’m out of stock and need to order merchandise, if I can’t provide a delivery window my customers take their business elsewhere.
    Well maybe set your expectations with them a bit better. Our customers are willing to wait on purchase orders and take possession of their items when they get delivered from the vendor.
    You also keep giving time frames. Two week buffer. 3-5 days to get my money back. What’s the time table for the compensation?
    It's at a later date. My company isn't Kabam. We have different rules. We won't promise a actual date, neither will Kabam.

The 3-5 days is the banks and credit cards. Not the retailer.
    You already agreed with me. You would tell your client you’d call them or give them a two week buffer. You’d NEVER leave a client with an open ended “later”. We both know that’s unacceptable.
  • Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 ★★
    I've literally forgotten bout the Compensation at this point lol. Let it come when it comes ig
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Rasilover said:

People really need to read the announcement completely

Don’t expect people to have good reading comprehension
    My reading comprehension is excellent. If you returned an item to a store and they told you you’d get some of your money back on Wednesday and the rest at a ‘later date’, would you just say ok? Or would you maybe post and ask, when can I can the rest of my money back. I hardly think asking for clarification of a vague explanation implies a lack of reading comprehension. Obviously Kabam doesn’t want to overpromise which is their prerogative, but I’m always surprised when people are satisfied with terrible customer service for a product they are spending their hard earned money on. Maybe it’s just me.

Had I originally posted, ‘when is the later date we should be expecting the additional compensation?’, would all this have been avoided?
    This isn't anything like returning a item to the store. Most retailers are going to give you your refund right away. Credit card returns can take 3-5 days to refund the money but it isn't the retailer, it's the bank.

Kabam isn't giving you a date because of they don't show, the community gets mad.
    Missing the point entirely. Why is ‘later’ acceptable? 3 to 5 days gives the customer an expectation. I’d like to hang out with you soon. I’ll call you later. Don’t you need clarification? Or will you sit by the phone waiting forever.

Spoiler alert, we’re probably never hanging out. But you never know.
    Because they don't know how long it will take to evaluate who was affected and how much they were.

I work in retail. When my customer orders some that is coming in on a purchase order because we're out, we don't give them a date of that P.O. We tell them we'll call them or give at least a 2 week buffer. We do that because the P.O can arrive late from the vendor. We don't want to promise them a date because they get mad if it doesn't arrive on time. Same concept here.
    I also work in retail. When I’m out of stock and need to order merchandise, if I can’t provide a delivery window my customers take their business elsewhere.
    Well maybe set your expectations with them a bit better. Our customers are willing to wait on purchase orders and take possession of their items when they get delivered from the vendor.
    You also keep giving time frames. Two week buffer. 3-5 days to get my money back. What’s the time table for the compensation?
    It's at a later date. My company isn't Kabam. We have different rules. We won't promise a actual date, neither will Kabam.

The 3-5 days is the banks and credit cards. Not the retailer.
    You already agreed with me. You would tell your client you’d call them or give them a two week buffer. You’d NEVER leave a client with an open ended “later”. We both know that’s unacceptable.
    I said we'd call when their product arrives. That's the same thing as the comp showing up in your inbox.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre you have earned my respect, and due to that you going my permissionto rank 3 him. No need to thank me

• RockCity333RockCity333 Posts: 122
    Guytennis said:

6 days? 6 weeks? You’re always satisfied with the least information. Also, can you post a screen shot of your progress and roster? Love to see where your game is.
    Well that sure backfired. You thought you could dismiss him by making an ad hominem attack hoping if he was a lower level then his statement would somehow be less important
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Is the compensation based on War ranking, what if somebody is not in alliance?

Will he get no compensation?

The Compensation will come regardless if we're in the Alliance or not.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Ok so not based on War ranking right?
    I believe it might be based on your season rank when the season ended. I have no evidence of this though. But I would assume that if the alliance you were in when the season ended did not participate in the season then you would not get anything.
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
    edited February 2022

Fabwizi said:

Not sure that's actually the case, based on the announcement we got.

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,997 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

Fabwizi said:

Kabam has previously stated that it is okay if you have switched alliances or left your alliance post-season, you just needed to be there at the season’s conclusion.
    The_Chump said:

Fabwizi said:

"Summoners will not have to remain in their current Alliance to receive the Compensation but must remain in their Alliance for regular Alliance War Season Rewards."

Also, yes. It's based on the War Tier you were in.
    Fabwizi said:

So it is based on the War rating, This is really unfair to the players not in any alliance, compensation should be based on progression level like it was previously.
    Unless it's just War compensation only which again is not cool since everybody was affected with various things this month.

War tier, not war rating.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    T2 gang where you at? 😂
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

The_Chump said:

Fabwizi said:

"Summoners will not have to remain in their current Alliance to receive the Compensation but must remain in their Alliance for regular Alliance War Season Rewards."

If this is war tier based, there's no point to include the word 'seasons' in between war and tier.
    You’re reading it wrong. It’s Alliance War (breath) Seasons Tier.
    edited February 2022
    Fabwizi said:

The_Chump said:

Fabwizi said:

So it is based on the War rating, This is really unfair to the players not in any alliance, compensation should be based on progression level like it was previously.
    Unless it's just War compensation only which again is not cool since everybody was affected with various things this month.
    It's not really unfair because this particular compensation package is for issues that affected this war season. This does not mean other compensation wont be given for bugs, etc.
    To simplify, a snapshot of the Tier you were in during the Season in that Alliance will have been taken, and Compensation will be sent based on that. As for whether it was the Tier during that War or the end of the Season, I'm unsure. The War being compensated is my assumption.

ItsDamien said:

The_Chump said:

Fabwizi said:

If this is war tier based, there's no point to include the word 'seasons' in between war and tier.
    Confused since the day they used that term
    Alliance War (breath) seasons tier;
    Alliance (breath) war seasons tier;
    Alliance war seasons (breath) tier;
    (Breath) Alliance war seasons tier (breath);
    Eyhh, that last one has a kick to it.

As a non native English speaker, sometimes it's hard to comprehend vaguely written sentences with local tones or intricacies.

But if it is indeed Alliance war tier1 tier2 etc, what is the significance of 'seasons' in the word? Why not simple use the term 'Alliance War Tier'.

I'm quoting "You can expect the rewards for the tier you placed in to be paid out on the regular pay-out day."
    What we are expecting on the regular pay-out day?
    -Seasons rewards i.e. Plat-1, Plat-2 rewards, not Tier-1,Tier-2 rewards.

So I ask humbly, if comp is based on War Tier (Tier-1,Tier-22) OR it is based on Seasons Tier (Platinum, Bronze). I'm behind the second option currently.
    I'm not trolling, No. lol. I'm just confused at this point.
    Also, I don't care about comp, it doesn't change the damage it did mid season. I'm here just to get updates.
    Brackets aren't the same as Tiers.
    Let's suppose if kabam named:
    War as, Bracket-1 Bracket-2.....Bracket-22.
    And Seasons as, Gold-1 Tier, Platinum-2 Tier.
    It's just names for reference.

But What are your thoughts on the point in my previous comment, where I quoted their official statement.
    Brackets are Season Rankings. Gold 1, Gold 2, etc.
    Tiers are 1-20 and correspond to Rewards as well as Points, Maps, etc.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'm this context kabam is suing tier and bracket in the same meaning (i .e. Gold, plat, etc)

Because the second para says reward payout on regular day will be based on tiers and you don't get rewards based in tier 1/2
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

The_Chump said:

Fabwizi said:

Confused since the day they used that term
    Alliance War (breath) seasons tier;
    Alliance (breath) war seasons tier;
    Alliance war seasons (breath) tier;
    (Breath) Alliance war seasons tier (breath);
    Eyhh, that last one has a kick to it.

As a non native English speaker, sometimes it's hard to comprehend vaguely written sentences with local tones or intricacies.

But if it is indeed Alliance war tier1 tier2 etc, what is the significance of 'seasons' in the word? Why not simple use the term 'Alliance War Tier'.

I'm quoting "You can expect the rewards for the tier you placed in to be paid out on the regular pay-out day."
    What we are expecting on the regular pay-out day?
    -Seasons rewards i.e. Plat-1, Plat-2 rewards, not Tier-1,Tier-2 rewards.

So I ask humbly, if comp is based on War Tier (Tier-1,Tier-22) OR it is based on Seasons Tier (Platinum, Bronze). I'm behind the second option currently.
    I'm not trolling, No. lol. I'm just confused at this point.
    Also, I don't care about comp, it doesn't change the damage it did mid season. I'm here just to get updates.
    Brackets aren't the same as Tiers.
    Let's suppose if kabam named:
    War as, Bracket-1 Bracket-2.....Bracket-22.
    And Seasons as, Gold-1 Tier, Platinum-2 Tier.
    It's just names for reference.

But What are your thoughts on the point in my previous comment, where I quoted their official statement.
    Brackets are Season Rankings. Gold 1, Gold 2, etc.
    Tiers are 1-20 and correspond to Rewards as well as Points, Maps, etc.
    Alright, I Thank You for sharing your wisdom.
    edited February 2022

I'm this context kabam is suing tier and bracket in the same meaning (i .e. Gold, plat, etc)

Because the second para says reward payout on regular day will be based on tiers and you don't get rewards based in tier 1/2

This. I dont think we've ever been compensated based on something like tier 1-20. Hell, most ppl probably dont even know what "tier" theyre in. Makes way more sense that they are basing it off our end of season tier (masters/plat/gold etc)
This discussion has been closed.