seemingly very strange AW scoring

hola

i'm not a noob, but have never really investigated the formula/e for AW scoring before

our last war produced these results, which just don't make any sense to me. so am hoping somebody here can explain !

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing you didn't place defenders completely
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Sounds right to me. An empty node is the same as a kill with full attack bonus if they explore it.
  • amaru_psynamaru_psyn Member Posts: 6

unsure about that, but my main issue is with the 'attack bonus' and 'defender kills' categories

ie: if the AB is based on how many times you lose, and our opponents had zero defender kills, wtf am i missing ??
    edited February 2022

Sounds right to me. An empty node is the same as a kill with full attack bonus if they explore it.

ahhhh, thanks !

..seems more than a bit unfair when our alliance almost always has at least several fewer combatants than our opponents :(

- same with the 'defender diversity' criterion !

ahhhh, thanks !

..seems more than a bit unfair when our alliance almost always has at least several fewer combatants than our opponents :(

- same with the 'defender diversity' criteria !
    Aw is meant to be played with full Bg and to stop people from not placing defense and the other ally getting less kills.

Diversity was introduced because the same opponents were placed everywhere
    edited February 2022

Aw is meant to be played with full Bg and to stop people from not placing defense and the other ally getting less kills.

Diversity was introduced because the same opponents were placed everywhere

i didn't say i was confused about diversity, just pointed out that it is unfair on alliances with fewer members :smile:

the way AW is scored atm, any time we're matched with an alliance who has a bigger BG (which is almost always), we're pretty much fuxt :(
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Yeh, you're not completing the map hence your low attack bonus.

3 points are awarded for clearning every node, with a deduction for every death (capped at 3).

If you can't field 10 player you've got no chance.
    1 BG alliances have a much harder time getting season rewards than 3 bg alliances.
    1 BG alliances don't score so high in AQ.
    Thats the way the game is.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,438 Guardian

unsure about that, but my main issue is with the 'attack bonus' and 'defender kills' categories

ie: if the AB is based on how many times you lose, and our opponents had zero defender kills, wtf am i missing ??
    Here is the information you seek. You can get an attack bonus of 3 for each defender. Each death lowers the attack bonus that defender gives by 1, and that goes down to 0. So after 3 deaths, it doesn't matter how many kills the defender gets because the attack bonus for that one defender is at 0. Do even though you got 19 kills, if those all came from your boss, then the enemy will still have an absurd attack bonus.

Hope this helps.
    edited February 2022
    Pikolu said:

Here is the information you seek. You can get an attack bonus of 3 for each defender. Each death lowers the attack bonus that defender gives by 1, and that goes down to 0. So after 3 deaths, it doesn't matter how many kills the defender gets because the attack bonus for that one defender is at 0. Do even though you got 19 kills, if those all came from your boss, then the enemy will still have an absurd attack bonus.

Hope this helps.

edit: fuckit, please save your time and effort trying to explain to me

my head hurts and none of this nonsense matters because our alliance is fuct either way

thanks for trying ! :smile:

nb: our attackers killed more of their defenders, and our defenders killed waaaay more than theirs did - that should be the end of story imo
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,354 Guardian

nb: our attackers killed more of their defenders, and our defenders killed waaaay more than theirs did - that should be the end of story imo

Nope, you explored way less of the map than they did (looks like you only got 56% of map done).
    THAT should be the end of the story.

(more math, sorry if your head hurts more)
    55 potential defensive nodes, so potential max 165 Attack Bonus (get full 3 AB traveling over empty #'d node).
    They got 146, so wasn’t any excessive amount (those over 3) on any single node (165 - 19 D.kills).

And you left either 17 or 22 of their defenders still alive on the map (vs them looking like they explored 100% of your defense).

Why are you unsure? If you run one Bg then you have to place 50 defenders. If not, then it's unfair to the other team to take only kills into account since it's impossible for them to win on that count
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Op, you are taking one piece of the overall puzzle and focusing solely on that as it helps your self justification that you think you should've won. As others pointed out, the scoring system is how it is and it's not a secret.

You are saying that's it's not fair because your alliance can't fully participate, so why should alliances that do fully participate be punished then which would be the outcome based on your logic. Best advice is make it to where you alliance fully participates, or run minimum bg, or find a new alliance that does fully participate.