**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Whats the point in releasing only 1 half of the final SQ chapter?

Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
Feels like completely pointless move that couldve been prevented if you planned this better by making it 4 chapters instead of 3. I thought i was going to be able to explore the entire thing today but instead you only get half the rewards for the chapter which is basically pointless. Either release the full thing this week or the full thing next week. This just shows extremely poor planning by the questing team.

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The same point as not unlocking all quests on day 1.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    I know they already announced it as being this way but it’s super annoying to have a monthly side quest pour into the next month. It would have been way better to open the last part up this week since it’s the last week of the month. I guess this stupid way made more sense to Kabam.
  • Options
    Shep said:

This day is pointless in the event.... Just gonna wait till next week

Exactly, the rewards you get arent worth doing for this week alone. Might aswell have released both next week and have a 2 week gap between the second and third chapter, The result would have been exactly the same as now.
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    “Well if you never heard complaining then it never happened. “

that was insightful

I messed up the qoute lol. Kabam throwing me all of my game with this side quest
  • Options
    HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52
    I am sure it has to do with their metrics on engagement. Active players like myself and pretty much anyone on the forum will understandably be annoyed by it-but reality is we make up a small fraction of the player base and my guess is user engagement is lower when they don't have a new content released each week.
  • Options
    Hudsonman said:

I am sure it has to do with their metrics on engagement. Active players like myself and pretty much anyone on the forum will understandably be annoyed by it-but reality is we make up a small fraction of the player base and my guess is user engagement is lower when they don't have a new content released each week.

But again if they had just made it 4 chapters instead of 3 it would have instantly fixed the problem from the start. Yeah it would take just as long but it would actually make sense, Especially instead of releasing 1 half of chapter 3 because they messed up.
  • Options
    HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52
    Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

But again if they had just made it 4 chapters instead of 3 it would have instantly fixed the problem from the start. Yeah it would take just as long but it would actually make sense, Especially instead of releasing 1 half of chapter 3 because they messed up.
    Id much rather have 3 chapters of mind numbingly stale and easy content than 4. 66% of the rewards wont be available until full compeltion either way-not sure how adding more boring content makes it better. Don't get me wrong-of course i wish they released all of chapter 3 today so i could get the rewards. But adding a 4th chapter of bad content does nothing for me. And of all the problems in this game-waiting an extra week for the rewards isnt that big of a deal.
  • Options
    Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Id much rather have 3 chapters of mind numbingly stale and easy content than 4. 66% of the rewards wont be available until full compeltion either way-not sure how adding more boring content makes it better. Don't get me wrong-of course i wish they released all of chapter 3 today so i could get the rewards. But adding a 4th chapter of bad content does nothing for me. And of all the problems in this game-waiting an extra week for the rewards isnt that big of a deal.
    It would add more content to do, To those snyde people at the top that turned this into "you just want all rewards instantly".
  • Options
    endgamelockedendgamelocked Posts: 11
    edited February 2022

I’m pretty sure it’s because people complain when they release everything at once. Then you’ll hear “what do I do now? I finished all content!”

This way, they’ll have something to do ever week.

the give us 2 SQ per 4 weeks instead of 1 SQ per 4 weeks. what loss could kabam get?
  • Options
    Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

It would add more content to do, To those snyde people at the top that turned this into "you just want all rewards instantly".
    So your argument is actually-please make the side content longer for the same rewards because it makes it more symmetrical? To each their own but I can promise your in the minority on that opinion.
    No id rather they just keep consistent and release both chapters today and make up something else for the final week. I just think its stupid to change the formula now because they messed up the planning.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

So your argument is actually-please make the side content longer for the same rewards because it makes it more symmetrical? To each their own but I can promise your in the minority on that opinion.
    No id rather they just keep consistent and release both chapters today and make up something else for the final week. I just think its stupid to change the formula now because they messed up the planning.
    They didn’t mess up the planning. This is how the quest was designed from the beginning.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

They didn’t mess up the planning. This is how the quest was designed from the beginning.
    And im saying that it was wrong from the beginning and a poor design.
  • Options
    Primis00 said:

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Wrong in your opinion, which is subjective at best. Poor design in your opinion, which is also subjective at best.

If only there was an announcement thread somewhere that outlined the quest unlocks weeks ago…. I’m sure people would have read through that and seen how this quest was going to work.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Wrong in your opinion, which is subjective at best. Poor design in your opinion, which is also subjective at best.

If only there was an announcement thread somewhere that outlined the quest unlocks weeks ago…. I’m sure people would have read through that and seen how this quest was going to work.
    But it doesnt matter if this is how it should work, Check other threads here. Plenty of people agreeing that this is bad design.
  • Options
    Primis00 said:

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

But it doesnt matter if this is how it should work, Check other threads here. Plenty of people agreeing that this is bad design.
    And plenty of other people with their subjective opinions which ultimately mean nothing. Fact is we knew how this was going to work before it ever came out.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

ItsDamien said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

Primis00 said:

Hudsonman said:

And plenty of other people with their subjective opinions which ultimately mean nothing. Fact is we knew how this was going to work before it ever came out.
    And again that has no bearing whatsoever to if this is a good or bad design, Just because we knew this is how it would work doesnt mean its good.