**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

SQ Cav - Price Increase

DuffMcGruffDuffMcGruff Posts: 401 ★★★
It appears that Cav crystals cost 4000 shards again. I thought they brought them down to 2000 with last month??

Comments

• Black widow has a 3% evade chance. We should be getting 6star drops from as often as she evade when fighting against her

I mean I got a 6* from the first 2 of the monthly cavs. Sounds like it's working
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

The number of Shards per crystal aren't really relevant because we base our calculations on how many Crystals you get per month, and not the shards themselves. We could make the Crystals 8000 Shards each, but then double the shards awarded.

That said, we do want to be more consistent in the future, and are looking at making it 2000 moving forward, though that might change before we implement it.

so what's the response to the drop rate change? they definitely used to be higher, i just don't know if the quantity increased when the drop rates got worse
    The response is no response at all - kabam usual
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

The number of Shards per crystal aren't really relevant because we base our calculations on how many Crystals you get per month, and not the shards themselves. We could make the Crystals 8000 Shards each, but then double the shards awarded.

That said, we do want to be more consistent in the future, and are looking at making it 2000 moving forward, though that might change before we implement it.

@LordPSN before you make a thread
    Honestly…I don’t think he’s as bad as another…but 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

so what's the response to the drop rate change? they definitely used to be higher, i just don't know if the quantity increased when the drop rates got worse
    at this point, what's needed is not an explanation, it's a clarification. it's so much better to know if we're going to be getting these same lower rates or if this was an error and we're going back to how they used to be
  • Last month I earned all the rewards. I opened up the cav crystals and didn't get a single five star or 6 star champion. Not even one, that's not the first time that's happened either.
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 635 ★★★

Black widow has a 3% evade chance. We should be getting 6star drops from as often as she evade when fighting against her

Honestly it doesn’t even matter. The crystals are preloaded. Your percentage come when buying it not opening it.
  • CirrusCirrus Posts: 87
    I'd like to see something similar to the solo crystal shard crystal / arena crystal
    4k shards same as crystals we get now or
    10k shards for drop rate of
    70% for 4*
    20% for 5*
    10% for a 6*
    Or something
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Dart1981 said:

The number of shards and crystals is irrelevant because the drops rates are so poor. In the old offered cavs that had featured rates, they would drop a decent (and fair) amount of all rarity’s. This month I have so far opened 11 of the 2 types and received 8 3*s and 3 4*s. The change up to a lower drop rate on 6*s is also not that big of a deal (although annoying) but the fact that 5* rates and 4* rates are lower and 3* rates higher means these crystals are nigh on useless. At this point I’d rather have an additional 500 6* shard 1000 5* shards per crystal than anymore of these useless giveaways

Make that 9 and 3 for a 75% 3* drop rate on this months cavs. Completely pointless
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    Dart1981 said:

Dart1981 said:

The number of shards and crystals is irrelevant because the drops rates are so poor. In the old offered cavs that had featured rates, they would drop a decent (and fair) amount of all rarity’s. This month I have so far opened 11 of the 2 types and received 8 3*s and 3 4*s. The change up to a lower drop rate on 6*s is also not that big of a deal (although annoying) but the fact that 5* rates and 4* rates are lower and 3* rates higher means these crystals are nigh on useless. At this point I’d rather have an additional 500 6* shard 1000 5* shards per crystal than anymore of these useless giveaways

Make that 9 and 3 for a 75% 3* drop rate on this months cavs. Completely pointless
    I've mostly had 3* and 4* champs, too. But last week, from a free Women of Power Cav crystal:

Pointless?

Notably, I also Awakened a 6* Bishop from an Event-associated Cav crystal, a few months back. Plus a few useful five star champs.

Drop rates are what they are. If these crystals are pointless, then so are all crystals. In which case... Just give up playing the game?

• 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    If only people would either remember the game's history or read past posts. 3% vs 4.5% Cav drop rates for 6*s are the difference between featured and non-featured Cavs. While I agree it is confusing when they had made some past monthly Cavs featured, most monthly Cavs are just limited pool non-featured crystals, thus the 3% drop rate. Anyone who has played the game a while will remember that Cavs used to have 1% or 1.5% drop rates for 6*s. Kabam tripled those rates. Those old rates were trash. It is MUCH better now. We always want higher rates, but try to judge things with the proper perspective.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    edited March 2022

If only people would either remember the game's history or read past posts. 3% vs 4.5% Cav drop rates for 6*s are the difference between featured and non-featured Cavs. While I agree it is confusing when they had made some past monthly Cavs featured, most monthly Cavs are just limited pool non-featured crystals, thus the 3% drop rate. Anyone who has played the game a while will remember that Cavs used to have 1% or 1.5% drop rates for 6*s. Kabam tripled those rates. Those old rates were trash. It is MUCH better now. We always want higher rates, but try to judge things with the proper perspective.

Why does this matter, yes it’s better now than it was 2 years ago, but it’s not as good as it was 6 months ago. Why go backwards? As games progress, so should rewards enabling your account to progress. Why did the drop rates go backwards? And without even a single word from kabam as to a reason. I know it’s their game and I love playing it but it shouldn’t be trending backwards and we should not be comparing drop rates to when cavs were first released and 6*s were incredibly rare and very hard to get (months of saving for a single crystal)
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Dart1981 said:

Why does this matter, yes it’s better now than it was 2 years ago, but it’s not as good as it was 6 months ago. Why go backwards? As games progress, so should rewards enabling your account to progress. Why did the drop rates go backwards? And without even a single word from kabam as to a reason. I know it’s their game and I love playing it but it shouldn’t be trending backwards and we should not be comparing drop rates to when cavs were first released and 6*s were incredibly rare and very hard to get (months of saving for a single crystal)
    The drop rates didn't go backwards. These crystals are not featured crystals, so their 3% chance at a 6* is the same a a regular Cav crystal, like it should be. Featured Cav crystals so have the 4.5%change at a 6*. The only thing different is that whichever crystals you are thinking of several months ago were Featured. This isn't anything new, this drop rates issue seems to come up every month. And the monthly crystals aren't the only time we see limited pool Cavs that are NOT Featured crystals.

It seems the only thing kabam did wrong on this front was choosing to have a monthly crystal type that was offered as a Featured crystal with the Featured rates a few months back. Now people can't seem to understand that not every monthly crystal is Featured.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 781 ★★★

Would this consistency include the drop rates?