**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carina’s Challengers

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
Who completed this challenge and with who? :-)

Comments

• Which one?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Robot: Guilly
    Aegon: well, aegon.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Nice write up!

I am trying to plan out all my teams and paths yet, and I'm trying to do such to clear lanes I have not yet done for abyss. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, but if you look further down in that Same thread you'll see my thoughts on teams. Let me know what you think if you can! (I'm not sure how to link directly to comments, my apologies!)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Nice write up!

I am trying to plan out all my teams and paths yet, and I'm trying to do such to clear lanes I have not yet done for abyss. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, but if you look further down in that Same thread you'll see my thoughts on teams. Let me know what you think if you can! (I'm not sure how to link directly to comments, my apologies!)
    Yes I saw your comment! I’m planning on doing a (maybe lengthy) analysis on your team and who I’d use for each challenge.

Sorry for the delay though, I’m a bit ill at the moment unfortunately
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Sorry guys. I meant to say the challenge that says “Complete Abyss with Carina’s Challengers”
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I assume you're talking about the abyss one. I'm planning my team to be Void, Morningstar, Shang-Chi, Mole Man and maybe Diablo.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

I assume you're talking about the abyss one. I'm planning my team to be Void, Morningstar, Shang-Chi, Mole Man and maybe Diablo.

@Eb0ny-O-M4w what path do you plan to do?

Why do you need Morningstar and Diablo? They both cover identical things. I’d suggest taking someone else who can make another fight easier

Why do you need Morningstar and Diablo? They both cover identical things. I’d suggest taking someone else who can make another fight easier
    So maybe She-hulk instead of Diablo?

I’d say so, and honestly Diablo instead of Morningstar too. (Unless you’re going path 1).

Diablo will do better for any fight on path 1 or 3 except for Medusa. And to be fair, even if you’re going path 1, Moleman may be able to handle Medusa if you can deal with some unstoppable. Diablo is awesome for the abyss, his damage per hit is insane

I’d say so, and honestly Diablo instead of Morningstar too. (Unless you’re going path 1).

Diablo will do better for any fight on path 1 or 3 except for Medusa. And to be fair, even if you’re going path 1, Moleman may be able to handle Medusa if you can deal with some unstoppable. Diablo is awesome for the abyss, his damage per hit is insane
    I was thinking of mixing path 2 and 1. Starting on 2 and then go 1. Morningstar was for the cosmics, Venom Duck, and Aegon (MD cheese). Dont know where Diablo would be better there instead of Morningstar, apart from being a better damage dealer on some other fights

What’s your Line?

These are my leveled up Carina’s Challengers. I suppose Path 1 would be the best, right?

I included path 2 just in case
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I'm doing the Carina's Challengers one later this week and I'll post a breakdown of it.
    This is the team I intend to use:
    6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot
    If you're waffling about which mystic to bring in, I'd say it really comes down to it either being LS or Diablo. Diablo for sure if you're running Suicides

I'm doing the Carina's Challengers one later this week and I'll post a breakdown of it.
    6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot
    If you're waffling about which mystic to bring in, I'd say it really comes down to it either being LS or Diablo. Diablo for sure if you're running Suicides

What path are you taking? I haven’t done a path in abyss yet but I think with Vol 2 out, this may be a good opportunity to get path 1 done
    Siliyo said:

6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot

What path are you taking? I haven’t done a path in abyss yet but I think with Vol 2 out, this may be a good opportunity to get path 1 done
    Path 2 into Path 1, so DH, LC, Havok, OML, Dorm, then Joe Fixit, then into Path 1 for the rest of it. Same path I intend to take for the Mutant one and to get to GG for the Symbiote one.

Siliyo said:

6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot

Path 2 into Path 1, so DH, LC, Havok, OML, Dorm, then Joe Fixit, then into Path 1 for the rest of it. Same path I intend to take for the Mutant one and to get to GG for the Symbiote one.
    Oh man, I was thinking of doing the same but I haven’t done abyss and don’t want to screw myself with the paths
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot

Oh man, I was thinking of doing the same but I haven’t done abyss and don’t want to screw myself with the paths
    If you take the Path 2 into Path 1 course, then when you do Path 1 for exploration, just take the Green Goblin path instead of the Cyclops path and that will put your progress back on track

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot

If you take the Path 2 into Path 1 course, then when you do Path 1 for exploration, just take the Green Goblin path instead of the Cyclops path and that will put your progress back on track
    Seems like I’ll either have to do Path 2/Path 1 again for the Mutant Abyss challenge or do a different path 🤔
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

6r4 Void
    6r3 Shang (unawakened)
    6r3 Warlock
    5/65 She-Hulk
    5/65 Longshot

Seems like I’ll either have to do Path 2/Path 1 again for the Mutant Abyss challenge or do a different path 🤔
    Yeah, you'll probably have to double up unless you want to push through Path 3 with the Mutant team. It can be done, but it's liable to be a major pain because of Red Skull and Bishop.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★

I was thinking of mixing path 2 and 1. Starting on 2 and then go 1. Morningstar was for the cosmics, Venom Duck, and Aegon (MD cheese). Dont know where Diablo would be better there instead of Morningstar, apart from being a better damage dealer on some other fights
    Morningstar, even with 3 in MD, gets pushed to sp3 a lot off her sp2 if they have stacked buffs and you have just a tiny bit of power over sp2. That's not a risk with Diablo.

Morningstar is awesome, but having used her in abyss with MD, definitely try it elsewhere to compare her and Diablo, before you go in.

Morningstar, even with 3 in MD, gets pushed to sp3 a lot off her sp2 if they have stacked buffs and you have just a tiny bit of power over sp2. That's not a risk with Diablo.

That should be fixed with MD at lvl 2.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

You are bringing warlock only for one fight of havok? I think he can be killed by anyone especially the rank4 void u have. The plasma detonation will also not be bad because of low attack value of abyss.

When you say path 2, is that the one with OML after Luke Cage or Dormammu? The map I'm looking at has OML as path 3, but I've seen others that have them switched.

Firstly, I'd 1000% recommend She Hulk, she makes Hyperion one of the easiest fights on the map, she gives you a great option for Dormammu, Luke Cage, Hyperion, HTD, Champion, even Joe Fixit (though you won't be able to go beyond Abyss charges). So that means you have a choice between MS and Diablo.

If you're going OML then I'd definitely recommend Diablo over MS. The fights you're gonna use a mystic for are VTD, Champion, Cull and Aegon.

VTD I'd say Diablo has the edge easily. MS you need MD of 2 or 3 or you'll consistently go to SP3. When I used her on my abyss completion run it took me 5 revives to take VTD down, though that was 18 months ago. I just found it difficult to control the fight. Compare that to Diablo, who it would be hard to die with against VTD

https://youtu.be/A5HPESutwDI

He has such a simple time in that fight.

Champion I think Diablo has the edge, higher damage per hit and no need to worry about the regen from his Sp1, because your poisons will reduce the healing. If MS is high sig she can kinda counter it but you'd need to really just spam sp2 to keep nullifying his furies, and that means your damage per hit will be way lower.

Cull is an easy solo either way.

Aegon is an easy solo either way, Diablo can do the same to Aegon as he did to VTD.

But where Diablo has a bigger edge is that you can use him for tougher fights like Cyclops, Loki, Mordo if needed, and invisible woman. I had a lot of success with him there that I just wouldn't be able to with MS because she has so much lower damage when there are no buffs. Diablo doesn't need buffs to do massive damage per hit, so why limit yourself to only bringing MS when Diablo can bring benefits to other fights that you may find yourself stuck on?

Plus, Diablo needs no ramp up (5 revives saved), is just as sustainable as MS, his damage comes from basic hits as well not just specials (good for Loki). For me it's a no brainer!

Siliyo said:

What’s your Line?
    bittersteel99 if you'd like to add me :)

Nice write up!

Yes I saw your comment! I’m planning on doing a (maybe lengthy) analysis on your team and who I’d use for each challenge.

Sorry for the delay though, I’m a bit ill at the moment unfortunately
    Get well soon sir
    Thank you that's kind of you to say :)