**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are the chances for a simplification

TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
I have been playing this game almost since the start.

There has been a point in the game kabam recognized that they where adding to much complications in the game. (The start of the developer updates I believe).

But when I look at the game in it’s current state. It has become so much more complicated. For me to a point where it’s becomes just a button smash game and see what happens instead of trying to understand what will happen at which trigger.

I often feel the game has “outgrown” myself. I just don’t understand what is happening an why these days.

I run into something and after a half an hour of research I find what happens and why. Still don’t have a counter at that point.

I loved for the days at and before 12.0 where I just understood the game and how it worked. This comment has nothing to do with the balance of 12.0. Just the “simple” life we had back then.

I understand kabam wants to make it more challenging … but just making stuff more complicated and less understandable isn’t in my humble opinion the way to go.

I love the game and the people I play it with. I just don’t feel at home anymore.

Comments

• Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 964 ★★★★

I’d say that the way nodes are presented, it’s sometimes difficult to grasp what the overall fight is going to be. Maybe something could be done to improve that.
    I generally skim through them and go into the fight to get a feel for it. The solution comes to me easier that way.

I did that for the phoenix boss and got my ass handed to me lol. There are times when I need to watch others do a specific fight so I get the entire scope of it. That's fine too, means that u can't just brute force fights without playing how they intended the fight to be played. But yea the descriptions are a challenge in and of itself.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 964 ★★★★
    I do agree that the game is getting increasingly complicated with champion abilities, nodes and how they all interact. Surely its getting more cumbersome to maintain game-balance for them too. Imagine having to design a new set of abilities or nodes AND having to make sure that it isn't too difficult or game-breaking when paired up with certain nodes and combinations.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Get with the times
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It depends. Back when my roster wasn't strong enough, for uc EQ i used to read the kit and nodes and understand the i teraction before doing fights. Now i just use heavy hitters and smash the fight
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,204 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Too complicated is the right word.
    I can't imagine when a new player joins, compared to now and few years ago, the complicated kits and nodes they have to face.
    Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't know, thing arn't gonna change in this matter
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

some of y’all in here are the type to say 5 mins when you really mean 30 seconds.

so you're saying you always look at nodes and just understand what they mean immediately?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

some of y’all in here are the type to say 5 mins when you really mean 30 seconds.

so you're saying you always look at nodes and just understand what they mean immediately?
    i literally didn’t say that, you pulled that outta thin air lmao. anyways, i’m saying that it’s seriously been a while since i’ve had to spend more than a minute and 30 seconds reading a node to understand it. even to boot up youtube and watch a video takes sub 3 mins, easily.
    But why should we watch a video? I think it should be crystal clear in game what nodes represent. This is a tough one, i have no idea or suggestion how they could make it easier to comprehend.
    I suppose that’s true. but, No matter how easy the nodes are to read, i would still watch videos for fights like GM(s), kang etc. so i can’t say that i really mind. I also haven’t watched a video for a path on forever so there’s that for me
    That makes complete sense. Boss fights are usually challenging and require a bit of preparation. But any normal path shouldn’t essentially require you to spend time, analyze it, and watch a video to figure out what it means
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    It was too simple back then and it was boring actually. Challenge is good when its not too much.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

Mario33 said:

It was too simple back then and it was boring actually. Challenge is good when its not too much.

I want a challenge for a fight not a challenge to solve a puzzle. Or i will just download puzzle game.
    Do it
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,238 ★★★★

i literally didn’t say that, you pulled that outta thin air lmao. anyways, i’m saying that it’s seriously been a while since i’ve had to spend more than a minute and 30 seconds reading a node to understand it. even to boot up youtube and watch a video takes sub 3 mins, easily.
    But why should we watch a video? I think it should be crystal clear in game what nodes represent. This is a tough one, i have no idea or suggestion how they could make it easier to comprehend.
    I suppose that’s true. but, No matter how easy the nodes are to read, i would still watch videos for fights like GM(s), kang etc. so i can’t say that i really mind. I also haven’t watched a video for a path on forever so there’s that for me
    Ofcourse, watching video's for end game bosses are totally normal in my opinion. I also don't really mind watching a video for a path. For act 7 i have always read nodes, tried to find solutions and then watched MCOC NOOB to see if I overlooked a champ.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,635 Guardian

Well... yes, 95% of the time I can just look at the nodes and easily understand what it is saying. The other 5% I get wrecked and go back to the drawing board. The nodes are almost always written intentionally so you can understand them. You just have to know the language they speak. Act 7 is easy though since all the fights have the same nodes in the path.