iPhone X Optimization

Is anybody able to comment on how MCOC will interact with the new iPhone X? Specifically, I'm wondering about the notch and how that will affect game play. Thanks.
«1

Comments

  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 187
    Anybody?
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574
    edited October 2017
    I assume we will find out friday...

    let me rephrase..I'll update you friday :)
  • Omni wrote: »
    I assume we will find out friday...

    let me rephrase..I'll update you friday :)

    I'm very jealous right now. I can't wait until I can get my hands on an iPhone X!

    Op, the answer to your question is that we have a compatible version for the iPhone X, but since this is a fairly new Display (with the bevel-notch) and the App Switcher being at the bottom of the screen, we're going to be keeping a close eye on it, and will be looking to you all for feedback and for any issues that might arise with the new iPhone.

    We don't expect to run into any issues, but if any do arise, we're ready to jump on them.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 332
    From videos online, I’ve noticed that some apps don’t show past that notch. Basically the bottom of that notch acts like the top of the screen. But home screen goes all the way up. Not sure what the point of that is...
  • Omni wrote: »
    I assume we will find out friday...

    let me rephrase..I'll update you friday :)

    I'm very jealous right now. I can't wait until I can get my hands on an iPhone X!

    Op, the answer to your question is that we have a compatible version for the iPhone X, but since this is a fairly new Display (with the bevel-notch) and the App Switcher being at the bottom of the screen, we're going to be keeping a close eye on it, and will be looking to you all for feedback and for any issues that might arise with the new iPhone.

    We don't expect to run into any issues, but if any do arise, we're ready to jump on them.

    So Miike, I also have this phone arriving tomorrow, and I am curious... You say you have an iPhone X compatible version, is this incorporated into the latest update that just came out, or is it coming in the future? It would be fantastic is it's already incorporated!

    Thanks!
  • PaleHaunt wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »
    I assume we will find out friday...

    let me rephrase..I'll update you friday :)

    I'm very jealous right now. I can't wait until I can get my hands on an iPhone X!

    Op, the answer to your question is that we have a compatible version for the iPhone X, but since this is a fairly new Display (with the bevel-notch) and the App Switcher being at the bottom of the screen, we're going to be keeping a close eye on it, and will be looking to you all for feedback and for any issues that might arise with the new iPhone.

    We don't expect to run into any issues, but if any do arise, we're ready to jump on them.

    So Miike, I also have this phone arriving tomorrow, and I am curious... You say you have an iPhone X compatible version, is this incorporated into the latest update that just came out, or is it coming in the future? It would be fantastic is it's already incorporated!

    Thanks!

    It's already incorporated! It was in the 16.0 version that came out yesterday.
  • I too get mine this week and will report any findings
  • PorkChopExpressPorkChopExpress Posts: 46
    edited November 2017
    Got my iPhone X today, there is some issues with calibration and response, I think kabam need to acquire some and do some testing.

    I have noticed that special don’t seem to react when pressed, also having issues with champs responding to swiping left or right.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 187
    Got my iPhone X today, there is some issues with calibration and response, I think kabam need to acquire some and do some testing.

    I have noticed that special don’t seem to react when pressed, also having issues with champs responding to swiping left or right.

    It's because you're not hitting the special button. I had to adjust to the "new" location as well after having played this game exclusively on my 6+ for a couple years now.

    There *is* an issue, though, with champs not responding to normal fight input though. This has happened several times to me.

    Overall, however, the X is so far super smooth in game.

    @Kabam Miike - there is an issue with the in game layout and how it interacts with the bumpers you all put in to account for the notch and lack of home button. In Alliance War, I've had issues minimizing the menu on the right side of the screen because of the bumper.

    I think one of the bummers with the way the game has been optimized for the iPhone X is that despite the fact that I'm on a bigger screen than my 6+, the game looks smaller. I think the bumpers on the sides need to be made smaller (and flush with the notch) to allow for everything on screen to be a little bigger. *In fight*, though, everything looks good. I'd maybe move the power bar a bit to the right, though.
  • PorkChopExpressPorkChopExpress Posts: 46
    edited November 2017
    @Husky54, trust me I am hitting the button, I have sat my phone down and spammed it and it doesn’t work. But of course you know what I am doing on my device. Please speak for yourself and not issuses others are having.

    I am having lots of issuses with champs responseding to almost all commands.

    This is frustrating for me coming from a 7+ where I had no issues at all with the game.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803
    edited November 2017
    My champs are dashing instead of blocking, i have gone back and forth on my iphone 6+and it doesnt happen there. Ive been testing since yesterday. Only happens on iphone x.
  • TreeFiddyTreeFiddy Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Been playing consistently on my X since Friday and here's a few issues I've experienced so far:

    The game is smooth, plays well overall and is lightning fast but the controls just don't seem to be responding properly consistently.

    Specials not activating. I thought it may be that I was not fully adapted to the button location because the screen is wider but I think there is something else going on here. I am positive I've been hitting the special button several times with no response from it.

    Characters have been dashing back when I don't intend them to. Sometimes on a hit command sometimes on block commands.

    Sometimes the dash back just isn't responsive or it is shallow causing hits to land on me.

    Characters on screen get hidden behind the notch during a fight. This isn't terrible, but it is a distraction.

    Overall the game appears smaller on screen and harder to see. I think this has something to do with the game not being specifically optimized for the X's wider display. The UI on the home screen is condensed in the center and sits low which is a bit awkward. there's a lot of unused space that I'm getting used to but it isn't optimal.

    I feel like the chat bar sits a bit too high compared to my 7 where it was minimal. It's almost twice as high as it should.

    The borders on the left and right are a nice addition for the general UI, the notch doesn't affect navigating outside of gameplay.

    Also the wider screen allows for seeing more of the fight during gameplay which is awesome but seems like this is the cause of a lot of the size and location issues.
  • Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 64
    edited November 2017
    PaleHaunt wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »
    I assume we will find out friday...

    let me rephrase..I'll update you friday :)

    I'm very jealous right now. I can't wait until I can get my hands on an iPhone X!

    Op, the answer to your question is that we have a compatible version for the iPhone X, but since this is a fairly new Display (with the bevel-notch) and the App Switcher being at the bottom of the screen, we're going to be keeping a close eye on it, and will be looking to you all for feedback and for any issues that might arise with the new iPhone.

    We don't expect to run into any issues, but if any do arise, we're ready to jump on them.

    So Miike, I also have this phone arriving tomorrow, and I am curious... You say you have an iPhone X compatible version, is this incorporated into the latest update that just came out, or is it coming in the future? It would be fantastic is it's already incorporated!

    Thanks!

    It's already incorporated! It was in the 16.0 version that came out yesterday.

    @Kabam Miike your compatibly sucks for iPhone X. It’s way off and there are bugs. It’s harder to execute a special (I have to tap repeatedly to get them to work) and of you hold block your champ will dash into the opponent instead of block. Lost all my champs in AQ because of it. In fight screen is off, a lot of the screen is off... like it’s too far to the right. It also seems to be affecting my evades. Noticed it with BW. I’d be happy to be your feedback guy for a minimal fee of a 5 star Thor Ragnorok lol I kid I kid. Please please please fix these issues because it really has made the game unplayable for me with the amount of times my champs dash in instead of block.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 187
    @Kabam Miike your compatibly sucks for iPhone X. It’s way off and there are bugs. It’s harder to execute a special (I have to tap repeatedly to get them to work) and of you hold block your champ will dash into the opponent instead of block. Lost all my champs in AQ because of it. In fight screen is off, a lot of the screen is off... like it’s too far to the right. It also seems to be affecting my evades. Noticed it with BW. I’d be happy to be your feedback guy for a minimal fee of a 5 star Thor Ragnorok lol I kid I kid. Please please please fix these issues because it really has made the game unplayable for me with the amount of times my champs dash in instead of block.

    I think your criticism is a bit overstated. Overall, the integration has been largely successful. There are some input recognition issues--but I'd wager this is happening on other devices as well.
  • I have tested it in 2 iPhone X’s. There are definitely issues with the SP button. The SP does not always trigger. Also the screen input issue seems to be much much more prevalent on the iPhoneX compared to my iPhone 7+. Ann update for us @Kabam Miike ? Will the game be getting better optimized for the iPhone X any time soon? Just kinda sucks that I have invested in this great new phone, yet have to go back to my old device to be able to play the game reliably.

    Thanks!
  • Just to clarify, when I say “Input Issue” I’m referring to the swipes in the screen. Sometimes trying to swipe back to evade will cause the character to dash forwards or stand in place and throw a punch. Also sometimes when you try to swipe forward to dash and do a medium attack, the character will either dash back or just stand in place and throw a punch. I have tested this extensively on 2 iPhone x’s as well as my iPhone 7 Plus. And I can say it happens on average 80-90% more often on the iPhone X. To the point that I have stopped using the iPhone X for high stakes fights (AQ/AW). It happens on rare occasion as well on my iPhone 7plus. But the 7 plus is still very usable and functions much more reliably. So in contradiction to what @Husky54 has been saying, I’m certain this is a device specific issue related to screen mapping on the iPhone X.
  • Any update?
  • Rivera1987 wrote: »
    Any update?

    Its been passed on to the game team
  • Just to add in, I'm still on an iPhone 6 and the SP button has not been consistently responsive. I'll go to activate a special and just hope it works, which it does about 90% of the time.
  • TreeFiddy wrote: »
    Been playing consistently on my X since Friday and here's a few issues I've experienced so far:

    The game is smooth, plays well overall and is lightning fast but the controls just don't seem to be responding properly consistently.

    Specials not activating. I thought it may be that I was not fully adapted to the button location because the screen is wider but I think there is something else going on here. I am positive I've been hitting the special button several times with no response from it.

    Characters have been dashing back when I don't intend them to. Sometimes on a hit command sometimes on block commands.

    Sometimes the dash back just isn't responsive or it is shallow causing hits to land on me.

    Characters on screen get hidden behind the notch during a fight. This isn't terrible, but it is a distraction.

    Overall the game appears smaller on screen and harder to see. I think this has something to do with the game not being specifically optimized for the X's wider display. The UI on the home screen is condensed in the center and sits low which is a bit awkward. there's a lot of unused space that I'm getting used to but it isn't optimal.

    I feel like the chat bar sits a bit too high compared to my 7 where it was minimal. It's almost twice as high as it should.

    The borders on the left and right are a nice addition for the general UI, the notch doesn't affect navigating outside of gameplay.

    Also the wider screen allows for seeing more of the fight during gameplay which is awesome but seems like this is the cause of a lot of the size and location issues.


    Kabam please look into these issues I’ve got the iPhone X and my biggest gripe is the not been optimistic fully for screen size looks too small and the other issues regarding player dashing forward and backward and the special attack button not working as intended.

    Thanks you.
  • I've been playing on the iPhone X now since December 4th. There are definitely issues with it. When I go to block it dashes forward all the time. When I swipe back it throws a punch or kick. Also the special attack doesn't work half the time. It doesn't matter where on the screen you attempt to block it always the same out come. Losing many fights in AQ and AW like this. This needs to be addressed sooner then later cause I'll leave the game before I give up the phone I just bought. Sick of having to spend money to revive hero's when never had to before in any AW or AQ.
  • I've been playing on the iPhone X now since December 4th. There are definitely issues with it. When I go to block it dashes forward all the time. When I swipe back it throws a punch or kick. Also the special attack doesn't work half the time. It doesn't matter where on the screen you attempt to block it always the same out come. Losing many fights in AQ and AW like this. This needs to be addressed sooner then later cause I'll leave the game before I give up the phone I just bought. Sick of having to spend money to revive hero's when never had to before in any AW or AQ.

    I have an iPhone X and had the same issues. I’ve mostly solved it by changing where I press block at. Try blocking a little higher and to the left than normal. Practice in duels and arena to get used to a new spot to block that doesn’t have these issues. Good luck.

    In another post someone from kabam said the iPhone X wouldn’t be released until update 17.0 and my guess is that would be beginning of January since big updates are normally the first of the month.
  • Should've got the note or s8 😏
  • No thanks like phones that don't explode or have potential too.
  • People who say that are so uneducated lol iPhones been exploding before people just don't talk about it because they don't hear about it you guys are paying for overpriced old technology lol the only thing that's better on iPhones is taking indoor pics and if you didn't know Samsung makes apple products so who do you think is on top?
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574
    edited December 2017
    What’s your point? Apple has more cache then the phone itself, it’s the ecosystem they create...it would cost me more in intrinsic value to switch to something else. not to mention this game is garbage on all other platforms so...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,044
    People who say that are so uneducated lol iPhones been exploding before people just don't talk about it because they don't hear about it you guys are paying for overpriced old technology lol the only thing that's better on iPhones is taking indoor pics and if you didn't know Samsung makes apple products so who do you think is on top?

    I'm not going to bother venturing into the Apple/Samsung religious debate specifically, but for the record the Note 7 had a specific design defect (actually, several interlinked ones) that made it extremely susceptible to the batteries catching fire and exploding. In particular, the tolerances in the case were accidentally made too small, and didn't account for normal battery heat-driven expansion under load. When the batteries expanded under load, the battery had nowhere to go because the case confined them. A separate design flaw in the batteries allowed the electrode layers inside the battery to be pressed towards each other until they caused a short circuit which caused the batteries to quickly combust and explode their cases.

    All modern electronics with lithium ion batteries can and have under unusual circumstances caught fire. But the Note 7 had explicit design flaws that caused them to be uniquely vulnerable.

    Also, Samsung does not make Apple iPhones. Samsung is a supplier of some of the parts, including OLED screens for Apple. Samsung is a giant mega corporation that makes everything from smartphones to washing machines. But the smartphone division of Samsung has little to do with the component manufacturing division that supplies Apple with parts.

    The current processor for the latest iPhones is built on a 10nm FinFET process, same as the current processors for Samsung S8. The technology in the latest versions of both phone families in all other areas is pretty current. There's no justification for calling the technology in either set of smartphones "old."
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    edited December 2017
    Everyone knows that iPhones perform better than android phones including the Samsung Note 8. It’s not even close. I’ll leave this picture here for ya @Cloutlordree. Read the text too...

    k5usvqnipau8.png
Sign In or Register to comment.