Options

Has anyone else noticed the increasing intensity of defenders

2»

Comments

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,730 ★★★
    0casual0 said:

Black Cat gave me a lot of trouble with how fast she moves around. She is super aggressive. She actually wipe my whole team once in Cav EQ.

Just curious, who did u use???

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,643 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Deli said:

Sounds like a skill issue

I hope you’re trolling because the agree to disagree ratio on my post shows you’re the minority.

—- if a mod is reading this and can “send to game team”
    The incessant “innovation” and increase in node convolution is making the game far too complex. Y’all really had a wheel and turned it into a square then wondered why the car didn’t run as good.

Y’all need to pull back some, or - make new sections of the game instead of modulating the existing content. It shows that, frankly- the game team is largely incompetent at understanding the premise of what made the game a hit in the first place.
    Can you give an example of defender speed and “intensity” increasing a lot? Also, what level of the game do you play? Most of the lower level content has fairly simple nodes and combos, and as far as I know, the only more difficult and aggressive AI is in endgame content.

You also keep using general terms like “innovation”. Do you not want the game to ever improve? Or is there a specific change that you don’t appreciate?

I know a lot of summoners who enjoy the game because of the constant improvements and updates. Not saying I fully disagree with you, I just don’t feel like you’ve pointed out any specific problems.
    I will provide one I found hilarious as I made my first run through Cav EQ: Dr. Voodoo in 2.2.

I literally spit out my coffee watching his animations, which can reliably be described as having a seizure on speed during electric shock therapy. His tap rate on block/dropping block brought to mind the old Venom AQ boss, who seemed able to register inputs at a frequency well beyond even the nimblest human player.

Add to that the rapid swiping in and out, which made me imagine little Kabam Taps-a-lot smoking as he frantically swiped left and right. The lightning-quick recovery into a medium swipe after getting hit with a combo is a little silly.

Was it a “real” issue? Nope—first pass done, relatively easy and no items used (as is usually the case). I may have only had one or two combos interrupted mid-combo (by a non-evading, non-faltering defender of course), but it didn’t present a significant obstacle. It’s just funny to note the obvious reaction time and input speed differential between different fights.

Dr. Zola
    I appreciate the actual example given, as well as the hilarious description of it. Maybe I’ve experienced this and just assumed that I missed something or made a scrub mistake. Who knows.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

Can anyone send videos of these things happening? Like I’ve had some of these issues but I’m low key skeptical of some of the things listed.

Interrupted combo is pretty common. Check out our forums line chat—I think in addition to me a few of the players have experienced that in an ongoing basis.

But I will work on a video. I honestly think it’s just a frame rate thing where the game doesn’t sense input because the connection stutters slightly and then preempts what is usually a third or fourth hit L tap from me with its own combo.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,410 ★★★★★

Timing of parry differ in between game modes. In act 7, the AI dash faster and more aggressive. But, if you intercept a lot their behaviour change, becoming more passive and slower.

Meanwhile in featured/basic arena, everything seems normal for me.

I thought i was going crazy while i am doing 7.2.3 on mini especially the path with HT.Ronin.Sentry.Masacre.Hood and LC..everytime i tried applying debuff on them i would end up getting smacked around bc they dash back quickly and intercept me 😭
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Deli said:

I’ve fallen off the game hard lately, but got on today to see how it is
    And it seems like the defenders speed and intensity has been amplified a lot

This game used to be considered a “stress reliever” on the App Store - but now it seems to just stress me out

I noticed this playing with ghos VS black cat and scorpion, I don't carry wasp sinergi so I usually wait until the defender attack me then I dex the attack and launch the special but since the new update is impossible to do that cause the opponent dashnack so speed, is the same situation with Hercules.
  • Options
    DestinyPoloDestinyPolo Posts: 65

Timing of parry differ in between game modes. In act 7, the AI dash faster and more aggressive. But, if you intercept a lot their behaviour change, becoming more passive and slower.

Meanwhile in featured/basic arena, everything seems normal for me.

Arena AI should not be classed as normal as it has always been notoriously passive and difficult to bait specials.

• Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 345 ★★★
    I'm facing Analyzer in every fight, I'm taking dozens of backdraft intercepts, I had to change my style of play because I simply try to intercept and take a backdraft, in a scenario where the opponent is unblockable or can't be parried, entertainment is right.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Side quest. Mysterio. node Kinetic Transference.
    Early in the fight, I made of the mistake of blocking his SP1.
    It took him up to another SP1.
    AI insta-spams SP1 over and over and over until I am K.O.'d.

I can't hit him (his SP1 will just heal him and give me the damage).
    I am in the corner and have a hard time dexing his SP1, so keep blocking and looking for an opening.
    Opening never comes.
    Or maybe I couldn't see it. He was doing frame perfect SP1 spam, crazy fast.
  • Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Why did this thread get moved to bugs and known issues? Is this how it gets suppressed? It sure hasn’t got any response. Here iswhat I like to know. Sure the game changes And evolves I get that. This new AI is so supercharged it’s kind of ridiculous. So I ask what exactly was the reasoning of doing this during a time when the game has been broken for so long and still has yet to be fixed? I have my answer but I’ll keep that to myself for now but would love to actually hear kabaams response. Don’t let this thread die.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I’ve restarted the 7.4.5 Fighting Fit path starting with Miles 10 times. When parries don’t fail, he twitches so much who knows what he’ll do next. Will he hold block? Will he SP intercept me?
    Will he lunge at me faster that my character can possibly dodge?
    I’ve been steadily exploring 7.4 but swear to God the AI of some characters makes me want to smash my phone against the wall.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Why did this thread get moved to bugs and known issues? Is this how it gets suppressed? It sure hasn’t got any response. Here iswhat I like to know. Sure the game changes And evolves I get that. This new AI is so supercharged it’s kind of ridiculous. So I ask what exactly was the reasoning of doing this during a time when the game has been broken for so long and still has yet to be fixed? I have my answer but I’ll keep that to myself for now but would love to actually hear kabaams response. Don’t let this thread die.

If you think of it, we were asking for almost a year now if this is intentional or not, and never got any response. Moving the thread to the bugs section may be a silent response, I call this progress :p