**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6* generic on knull/hype or shang chi? All can go to r3

CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Only have about 30 sig stones for whichever I pick
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Safe a generics personal way better then those for a generic
  • Options
    Interesting. 3 diff opinions so far lol let's see where this goes
  • Options
    Really can't decide :(
  • Options
    I'd say hype benefits the most from a sig than the others, but I'm not sure about shang chi since I don't have a higher rarity to use
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Sig 1 hype unless you’re gonna spin another feature before it expires.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Yeah since there's only 8 days left of it I figure I'll wait to use the generic until after it's done cuz I'm spinning nothing but features till then. Knulls in it too
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Also is 6* hype different then the 5 star in that I remember with the 5 star his best sig level was like 40
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    @TyEdge @Creeseaz @Yodabolt21

20 is the ideal for Hype. You get around 5% extra for the first 20 points in his sig, versus 1% more if you go to 40.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't use a generic on any of them.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Hype
  • Options
    Still split
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Shiang chi doesnt need it Knull doesnt need it but he goes to next level... Hyperion benefits the most at low sig so i would go with hyperion or knull. If you can try for featured before it expires good luck.
  • Options
    Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    Not Shang chi
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    solopolo said:

20 is the ideal for Hype. You get around 5% extra for the first 20 points in his sig, versus 1% more if you go to 40.

It’s not, and your numbers are wrong. He goes up to 75% at 200. People focus on multiples of 20 because that’s how many sigs you get for dupes.

You’re asserting that there are diminishing returns beyond sig 20, which is true, but it starts way before that. And what you ignore is whether some/all of those sigs would be better used elsewhere, which is roster dependent. You’re unlikely to notice a difference between 65, 70 and 75% longer buffs.

Here’s how it actually scales, though:

Sig 1: 65.35
    Sig 6: 68.07 (.554% per stone for these 5 levels)
    Sig 11: 69.1 (.206% per stone for these 5 levels)
    Sig 16: 69.78 (.136% per stone for these 5 levels)
    Sig 20: 70.19 (.1025% per stone for these 4 levels)

To put it another way, you get the same increase for going from sig 1 to sig 5 that you get from going from 5 to 20. Whether that’s worth 15 stones or not (or whether you feel a need to operate in multiples of 20) is up to the user.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    use the gem on hype rank up knull or chi
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

solopolo said:

It’s not, and your numbers are wrong. He goes up to 75% at 200. People focus on multiples of 20 because that’s how many sigs you get for dupes.

You’re asserting that there are diminishing returns beyond sig 20, which is true, but it starts way before that. And what you ignore is whether some/all of those sigs would be better used elsewhere, which is roster dependent. You’re unlikely to notice a difference between 65, 70 and 75% longer buffs.

Here’s how it actually scales, though:

Sig 1: 65.35
    Sig 6: 68.07 (.554% per stone for these 5 levels)
    Sig 11: 69.1 (.206% per stone for these 5 levels)
    Sig 16: 69.78 (.136% per stone for these 5 levels)
    Sig 20: 70.19 (.1025% per stone for these 4 levels)

To put it another way, you get the same increase for going from sig 1 to sig 5 that you get from going from 5 to 20. Whether that’s worth 15 stones or not (or whether you feel a need to operate in multiples of 20) is up to the user.
    Thank you this helped
  • Options
    Should I save the gem?
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    Do you run suicides most of the time? If you do, not sure I would make the investment in Hyperion. I’d probably save it in that case.

If you don’t, then I would say keep trying to naturally dupe him from the featured then - if no luck - consider awakening him.

Final thought - you might want to hold off till after Spring Cleaning (assuming it happens) in case there are some offers or new champs that give you some other options.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    I'd save it.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I would save it but I normally wait a long time before using any gem unless its a gamechanging sig (like aegon or nick fury for example)

I love hyperion but I don't think his sig is gamechanging.