**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW season 33 wrong tier

Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
Not sure what is going on...
My alliance finish the previous season in Tier2 and all of our off-season wars were in Tier2, but now before the matchmaking start it put us in Tier3.
How is possible?!?! did you change something in the number of alliances in each tier?

Comments

• Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    Same here we finished in tier 3 and now it says tier 4
  • Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    Ok so what has changed since the end off the season? To my knowledge you Can’t win or loose points of your war rating
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

One word: percentages

how exactly it can push you down?
    if someone open a new alliance they have no war rating, so it can push you up a bit, but not down
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Carmel1 said:

Zan0 said:

One word: percentages

how exactly it can push you down?
    if someone open a new alliance they have no war rating, so it can push you up a bit, but not down
    And if an alliance closes? Generally we lose more inactive alliances than new active ones being created
  • Not sure we’ve ever gotten an actual method for how/when the percentages are calculated for determining your current Tier.
    Has been mentioned lots of times before that new alliances and closed alliances between seasons would have an effect.

But, because each new season lots of complaints of dropping down a tier, I believe that the next war's percentage Tier calculation is maybe determined by the # of alliances participating in the immediately preceding war.

And since off-season you have a lot of alliances just skipping War, the total number, and thus # of alliances in each percentage-based Tier, will be less.
    So first War of a season is still maybe based on how many teams were doing it in offseason.

—-
    In order for things to be “apples to apples” they should maybe take their headcount (# of alliances) for the 1st war back in new season to be from back at the end of the previous season, and not have it affected by a ton of alliances just skipping wars during off-season.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    A lot of guesses about percentage and active alliances…
    According to an answer I got from kabam support (I had no hope for official answer in the forum), this situation can be occur when a top tier3 alliance (locked war rating during off-season) matched vs a tier6 alliance (unlock war rating during off-season), and the system randomly choose the map associate to the tier6 alliance, then winning the war will give the tier3 alliance extra war rating which can push down a bottom tier2 alliance.

Well, if a tier3 alliance matched vs a tier6 alliance there is much bigger issue here.