these changes would make MCOC so much better

ShinyuuShinyuu Member Posts: 284 ★★★
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
@Kabam Miike this video was featured today on Prof's channel and it has some AMAZING ideas that could be added to the game that you and your team should definitely take a look at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HXfR6ssQmc&ab_channel=ProfHoff
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★

Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

If you disagree how about you say why you disagree even though I got a pretty good idea who clicked it anyway.

Any vid from him gets and should get only disagrees. Don’t promote him
    Not promoting him I'm promoting the person who made the stuff that got featured in his video. Why don't you watch it then agree or disagree not just write something off because you don't like a YouTuber.
    Then directly mention the person who made it instead of linking the YouTuber’s video. Mr Hoff is a top tier leech, masking his channel as ‘promoting’ other people’s ideas but in actuality all he does is benefit off of other people’s work while having zero content of his own.
    Exactly. I’m not clicking on a video from him. Give me the video of the person who actually had the idea instead of promoting someone who does what prof does. Be better
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

If you disagree how about you say why you disagree even though I got a pretty good idea who clicked it anyway.

Not promoting him I'm promoting the person who made the stuff that got featured in his video. Why don't you watch it then agree or disagree not just write something off because you don't like a YouTuber.
    Then directly mention the person who made it instead of linking the YouTuber’s video. Mr Hoff is a top tier leech, masking his channel as ‘promoting’ other people’s ideas but in actuality all he does is benefit off of other people’s work while having zero content of his own.
    Exactly. I’m not clicking on a video from him. Give me the video of the person who actually had the idea instead of promoting someone who does what prof does. Be better
    It looks like someone wrote up the suggestions and sent them to Prof Hoff. For the Prof-challenged, the ideas outlined were:

* "Calendar reset" - basically, sell a token in the Black ISO store for sigil credits that would allow someone to catch up one day per token of a missed calendar login day. So if you missed today, you could buy a token and get yesterday's calendar rewards and the calendar would update as if you logged in that day. To me, this one is the most interesting of all the suggestions. It isn't one I've heard myself, and I think it is both doable and reasonable. It is good enough to forward to the devs actually.

* Glory store additions. Add T4CC selector and T5CC fragment crystal. Either the player is Cavalier and doesn't know T5CC fragments already exist for TB, or is suggesting they get pushed down to Cav: not sure which. These fall into the category of "more stuff please." They aren't really quality of life suggestions. Whether you like them or not depends on whether you want more stuff or not.

* Practice mode. This one has been suggested many times by many players over a long period of time. For example, I suggested a game mode similar to this back in 2018: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92105/new-game-mode-unlockable-progressive-difficulty-duels. The biggest problem: if you let people construct whatever fight they want with any champion and any set of nodes, you allow people to theoretically practice future content boss fights for free. That limits how much flexibility you can give to players.

* Mastery switch. Essentially, these are the mastery profiles I've been asking for since 1883. Although I believe the player was suggesting creating multiple profiles and actively switching between them. I believe my version is better: create multiple profiles for different game modes. I.e. if you make a profile for alliance war defense, then your alliance war defense always uses that mastery profile without the player needing to take any action or spend anything to "swap" masteries. Our alliance quest attack team is different from our solo questing team: we don't "switch" them. Mastery profiles would work the same way. Also worth noting: he separates solo questing and all alliance modes into two different profiles. But I think if you don't separate alliance war defense and everything else, half the QoL benefits of mastery profiles evaporates.

* Alliance War/Quest mail. A way to leave messages for alliance mates that trigger when players cross a node, so they don't miss the message. Interesting idea, but personally I think the "improve in-game chat" ship has sailed.

* "Guaranteed crystals." Basically, crystal pity system. Open X crystals, guaranteed to get at least Y.

* DIscount for multiple purchases. No. No, no, no, no, no, no. No.

* Extra benefits for grinding arena. This one was weird, and I had to think about it several times to figure out what the player was going for. The idea is to create milestones that grant extra rewards when you open PHCs, I believe on the assumption that arena grinders get tons of PHC shards which would make it easy for them to get these milestone rewards. I don't think this one was well-thought out to be honest. As an arena grinder myself, this one made basically no sense to me.

* Quick Help in the arena. Self explanatory. No argument there.

* Auto fight new path option. Basically, add an option so that when you are autofighting a map, if you reach a path branch or portal the game randomly (or by some system) picks an untaken path. I suspect everyone that uses auto fight has thought of this one at least once or fifty times.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    So basically nothing, cool
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    The discount for multiple purchases and the guaranteed crystal ones are the ones I disliked the most
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

It looks like someone wrote up the suggestions and sent them to Prof Hoff. For the Prof-challenged, the ideas outlined were:

* "Calendar reset" - basically, sell a token in the Black ISO store for sigil credits that would allow someone to catch up one day per token of a missed calendar login day. So if you missed today, you could buy a token and get yesterday's calendar rewards and the calendar would update as if you logged in that day. To me, this one is the most interesting of all the suggestions. It isn't one I've heard myself, and I think it is both doable and reasonable. It is good enough to forward to the devs actually.

* Glory store additions. Add T4CC selector and T5CC fragment crystal. Either the player is Cavalier and doesn't know T5CC fragments already exist for TB, or is suggesting they get pushed down to Cav: not sure which. These fall into the category of "more stuff please." They aren't really quality of life suggestions. Whether you like them or not depends on whether you want more stuff or not.

* Practice mode. This one has been suggested many times by many players over a long period of time. For example, I suggested a game mode similar to this back in 2018: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92105/new-game-mode-unlockable-progressive-difficulty-duels. The biggest problem: if you let people construct whatever fight they want with any champion and any set of nodes, you allow people to theoretically practice future content boss fights for free. That limits how much flexibility you can give to players.

* Mastery switch. Essentially, these are the mastery profiles I've been asking for since 1883. Although I believe the player was suggesting creating multiple profiles and actively switching between them. I believe my version is better: create multiple profiles for different game modes. I.e. if you make a profile for alliance war defense, then your alliance war defense always uses that mastery profile without the player needing to take any action or spend anything to "swap" masteries. Our alliance quest attack team is different from our solo questing team: we don't "switch" them. Mastery profiles would work the same way. Also worth noting: he separates solo questing and all alliance modes into two different profiles. But I think if you don't separate alliance war defense and everything else, half the QoL benefits of mastery profiles evaporates.

* Alliance War/Quest mail. A way to leave messages for alliance mates that trigger when players cross a node, so they don't miss the message. Interesting idea, but personally I think the "improve in-game chat" ship has sailed.

* "Guaranteed crystals." Basically, crystal pity system. Open X crystals, guaranteed to get at least Y.

* DIscount for multiple purchases. No. No, no, no, no, no, no. No.

* Extra benefits for grinding arena. This one was weird, and I had to think about it several times to figure out what the player was going for. The idea is to create milestones that grant extra rewards when you open PHCs, I believe on the assumption that arena grinders get tons of PHC shards which would make it easy for them to get these milestone rewards. I don't think this one was well-thought out to be honest. As an arena grinder myself, this one made basically no sense to me.

* Quick Help in the arena. Self explanatory. No argument there.

* Auto fight new path option. Basically, add an option so that when you are autofighting a map, if you reach a path branch or portal the game randomly (or by some system) picks an untaken path. I suspect everyone that uses auto fight has thought of this one at least once or fifty times.
    The one I would invest thought into is the Token for missed days. That would come in handy, whether it was a regular Calendar, or a Special Event Calendar.
  • Shadow_5_1Shadow_5_1 Member Posts: 2
    So pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeee make a report button for those discriminating ppl
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Member Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

So pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeee make a report button for those discriminating ppl

You can report a person by clicking on their profile and then report user. Also you can block them. Also, you can switch off global to not see such annoying kids.
  • LorddrewLorddrew Member Posts: 297 ★★
    Mastery preset & % based potions.
    The health pools and current healthpots.. are 6 years outdated!