**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who regrets finishing 7.4? (10k unit offer)

2»

Comments

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

I had the resources to push an easy first clear of 7.4, so I did. I haven’t used the 2-3 gem. I haven’t used the stones. The crystals were garbage. I’ve got 4000 units now, and a huge pile of regret over this 10,000 unit offer. I fully expected 1-2 r4 champs to be the requirement.

I 100%ed the gauntlet and got all 27 SOP points. I only did one finale path. I have 1.15 of each catalyst, and some of that came from gifting and Valentines.

I never would’ve let that 10,000 unit offer go by with the knowledge that inferior July 4 offers were coming, or that a progression title was so far from reach.

Exactly the opposite. I saw the exploration bundle, thought about it, then pushed to complete 7.4 specifically to get it while it was still 10k. And now that Kabam has announced Paragon - six months at least ahead of when I thought the earliest we'd see the next title would be - I know I made the right decision.

That bundle was trying to tell me something about the game economy and the game progression, but I didn't hear it clearly. But I heard enough to know I should be getting it. And that was definitely the right decision, even though I do not have three R4s yet. I'm way *closer* with that bundle, and I don't regret that decision at all.

I play the long game. That bundle was a long-game gamble, and I believe most long-game players like me jumped at it if they could, and I will bet most don't regret doing it.
    I found the deal to be excellent value though perhaps a touch large. I didn’t get it because at the rate I get units I wouldn’t get it until July and it wasn’t worth £300.

I’m not surprised that Paragon requires 3 R4 and I don’t actually have an issue with that, after all we all need something to aim for. I think that the timing of it is perhaps a bit suspect, releasing it so soon before July offers and SoP V2.

I will get my second R4 at the end of AW season, depending on my activity but I’m really not sure where the extra 3 of each are coming from.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

How was literally anyone supposed to know that this was a must buy to become Paragon if F2P Kabam?

Even then you have to be in an alliance that is virtually impossible to be in as an F2P player unless your crystals consist of only Surfer and Doom
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

How was literally anyone supposed to know that this was a must buy to become Paragon if F2P Kabam?

Even then you have to be in an alliance that is virtually impossible to be in as an F2P player unless your crystals consist of only Surfer and Doom
    Exactly. Look a Brian Grant. One reason he left 4Loki was because he felt he couldn't compete with everyone else because he is F2P
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

Exactly. Look a Brian Grant. One reason he left 4Loki was because he felt he couldn't compete with everyone else because he is F2P
    And that dude played this game like it was his job, which I guess it kinda was.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    well, you're going to be able to buy the offer now. start grinding arena
  • Options
    RedBirdIsSmartRedBirdIsSmart Posts: 97
    Rillian said:

Just look at those downvotes:

DNA has been telling us again and again that TB requirements were originally 3 R3s. Looks like they just shifted that to this new one.

Bro they wont be handing out a rank 4 champion every month now. The fact is some of us have have grinded all the story content in the game, and most of the previous events (SoP) to get one of each catalyst.
  • Options
    I haven't finished or really even started yet because I wanted to save for the offer. While I'll get the offer at the non discounted price, I do agree that the information for the title could have been shared earlier so people could factor that in before completing 7.4
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Rillian said:

Just look at those downvotes:

DNA has been telling us again and again that TB requirements were originally 3 R3s. Looks like they just shifted that to this new one.

And did you went through 14,000,605 futures to know this?
    I actually looked at three.

No, that's not a joke.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Come on people. It’s not like they announced this new title the same week as the spring cleaning money event…come on
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I don't regret not picking it up. I mostly use my units to clear content that gives me the resources to progress, so I almost never pick up those kinds of deals. I don't care that they are there and if people want to jump on them, that's perfectly fine with me. However, to me, they are really strange. I want to earn my resources through playing, at least initially. Picking up that offer would give me my first T6Bs or T3As, and that would just feel very odd to me. I want to form them naturally, not by some offer.

After I've formed them naturally once, I'm more inclined to get those types of offers. I still basically never buy the post-Act offers but I do save up units for the various July 4ths and Cyber Weekends offers out there.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Same here.

I completed act 7.4 in the week it came out. I saw the 10k offer and thought ‘nah I’ll keep my units for something down the road.’

Fast forward to where we are now and hindsight suggest I would have now bought the 1.5 deal but I can turn back time. But any player who has yet to complete act 7.4 now has the inside info about the deal and the new title changes recently announce so they are better positioned than I

Just saying
  • Options
    mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 46
    I am glad they are bringing the 10k offer back. I had a weird glitch were they game asked me to select a second T5CC fragment selector upon completion (which was a bug). Since you can’t back out of the selector, I tried selecting something and the game hung and I had to restart the game. When I came back the offer wasn’t there and has never shown up.