**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The end of Energy and Revive farming

SavingPrivateDataSavingPrivateData Posts: 55
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
KABAM, now that we can’t farm full energy, farming revives is disappearing, AW is way more expensive, and you’re discontinuing the broken game compensation, you’re really leaving middle and low tier summoners out in the cold. The whales and currently amazing players, got to achieve growth with farming. Many got to where they are, by using items for AW, as well as energy/revive collecting much much easier than what we are now left with.
Not whining. If I can’t improve my gameplay, I’ll leave behind the insane amount of money I’ve already invested, and move on to another game.
Just wondering if there’s any chance of reverting to benevolence again, or are we mediocre players S.O.L. as we try to improve to the level of higher tier players?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Can someone check act3 for me? I replayed 3.2.6 5 times in a row. 3 times I saw small energy refills on the paths but can't see the bigger refill even a single time. I know very well what's RNG and stuff but I will appreciate it much if someone can just confirm if its working or not.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,028 ★★★★★
    Noobda said:

Can someone check act3 for me? I replayed 3.2.6 5 times in a row. 3 times I saw small energy refills on the paths but can't see the bigger refill even a single time. I know very well what's RNG and stuff but I will appreciate it much if someone can just confirm if its working or not.

I was running it a lot prepping for my Carina’s Challengers run and can confirm that it still drops revives and energy refills. The energy refills are substantially more rare than the revives, however, which I’m fine with.
  • Options
    ProfessorGProfessorG Posts: 73
    I was having the same issue a couple of days ago and finally had one pop up on my tenth run of 3.2.6. It does seem that the drop rate of energy refills has been reduced as I explored all of act 5 chapter 1 this week on a mini account and only one full energy revive populated.

Being that I am running three accounts I guess I don’t need more energy refills 😂, if I run out of energy on them all I could always just start another account. 😆
  • Options

there's still act 3

That’s the ONLY place I farm (mediocre player). Energy has disappeared, and you’re lucky to get 2 revives in a few full paths. Act 3, is my primary concern, farming-wise.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

You make a lot of assumption there.
    1. That every summoner makes use of revive/energy farming often.
    NOPE
    3. That by fixing the outrageous drop rates in one quest, everything is changing.
    NOPE
    5. That things wouldn’t have gotten out of hand if this was left alone.
    NOPE
    7. That whales farm. Or that it’s necessary to complete content.
    NOPE
    9. That AW changes are related to farming… am most confused by this.

You’re confused because you’re deriving your interpretation, not what I wrote.

• Options
    Noobda said:

I only farm 3.2.2 and 3.2.6. Farming has been nerfed since last week. I have completed them at least 15 times this weekend. Got two revives. Didn’t bother with single energies.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Okay 🤷🏻‍♂️ And?

And what.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

You make a lot of assumption there.
    1. That every summoner makes use of revive/energy farming often.
    NOPE
    3. That by fixing the outrageous drop rates in one quest, everything is changing.
    NOPE
    5. That things wouldn’t have gotten out of hand if this was left alone.
    NOPE
    7. That whales farm. Or that it’s necessary to complete content.
    NOPE
    9. That AW changes are related to farming… am most confused by this.

You’re confused because you’re deriving your interpretation, not what I wrote.

When you quote someone, don’t forget to leave your comment outside the quotes.

KABAM, now that we can’t farm full energy, farming revives is disappearing, AW is way more expensive, and you’re discontinuing the broken game compensation, you’re really leaving middle and low tier summoners out in the cold. The whales and currently amazing players, got to achieve growth with farming. Many got to where they are, by using items for AW, as well as energy/revive collecting much much easier than what we are now left with.
    Not whining. If I can’t improve my gameplay, I’ll leave behind the insane amount of money I’ve already invested, and move on to another game.
    Just wondering if there’s any chance of reverting to benevolence again, or are we mediocre players S.O.L. as we try to improve to the level of higher tier players?

You specifically titled the post, “the end of energy and revive farming” so it follows that the contents of your post will be related to that. You then throw in several references to AW item use in the middle of sentences that are directly discussing the farming changes. If you think that these are separate issues, then maybe you would benefit from separating your thoughts in a post or better delineating within your post.

“You’re confused because you’re deriving your interpretation, not what I wrote.” I couldn’t derive what you wrote (not how derivation works), and occasionally, if there is a problem translating between two languages, the fault isn’t completely one-sided. It would be more helpful if you explained your point than calling someone out for supposedly misinterpreting it.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★
    Today I’ve noticed change to 3.2.6 less revives and energy refill more common I find it annoying especially for the f2p players
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    o4tg said:

DNA3000 said:

KABAM, now that we can’t farm full energy, farming revives is disappearing, AW is way more expensive, and you’re discontinuing the broken game compensation, you’re really leaving middle and low tier summoners out in the cold.

1. Full energy refills still show up. They just don't show up on the one map where you could average more energy than it took to run it, which is ridiculously broken.

2. Farming revives, on the other hand, seem to be completely untouched. Unless you were using that unlimited energy from the energy farm to farm revives, in which case insert ridiculously broken comment here.

3. AW is way more expensive for some, but it is actually more expensive, on average, for higher tier players not mid and low tier players. That's a separate problem that doesn't target lower progression players.

4. Broken game compensation was for broken game. It was never intended to be permanent, and the game is full of players who were here long before that compensation started, and low to mid progression players had no trouble playing the game just fine before that compensation was a thing.

On top of all of that, low to mid progression players have had *huge* benefits added to the game over time. The game is vastly more friendly, progression-wise, to lower progress players than it was originally. For beginners and low progression players, pre-Act 5 story content was made far shorter and more rewarding. Calendar rewards have steadily improved over time. Mid tier AQ rewards have increased in stages.

The problem mid-tier players face in the game now is not that the game is getting harder for them. It is that the game developers decided to add more progression tiers above them without asking them for permission first. It is harder to reach the top now than in the past, because there's more top. But it has never been easier to reach Uncollected, it has never been easier to reach Cavalier, and it has never been easier to reach Thronebreaker. The path in front of low to mid-tier players has never been easier, and it keeps getting easier.
    They won’t give you a free champ for fluffing them up on the forums.
    They did give out a title though
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Thanks for the confirmation. @DNA3000
  • Options
    redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 163
    Ive been rev farming on 3.2.6 for about a week now (and have a lot in the past). And i have not seen any changes. Ive seen times when there is not much for quite a few runs. Then i see 2 or 3 revs and/or energy refills at times. But its always been like that. You wont net-gain energy on it. But does help some while farming revives
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,940 ★★★★★
    Still looks good on revives for me. Even landed a double.

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    so you are complaining that its going away... and sending Kabam screenshots of all your favorite farming places / wonder why they go away?

I'm not saying Kabam doesn't farm the data from user stats... but you are just making this too easy for them.
This discussion has been closed.