**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone else's parry issues NOT fixed with the opt in beta?

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
I feel like it's worse than it was. Been using it a few days and I basically have to parry like 1/2 second sooner to actually parry. I miss more parries than I used to when it was broken

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

I’m still having issue with input lag. My parry is better, but it’s definitely not fixed. Dex is better for special attacks, but no noticeable improvements when it comes to basic/heavy attacks.

Now I’m also having a dropped input issue on the final hit of a MLLLM combo more than ever. It happens probably 1/10 times I try and complete a full combo

Can you capture a video of combo drop/interruption? I have a guy who still doubts it happens.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    The new controls are great, on my device.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Etm34 said:

I’m still having issue with input lag. My parry is better, but it’s definitely not fixed. Dex is better for special attacks, but no noticeable improvements when it comes to basic/heavy attacks.

Now I’m also having a dropped input issue on the final hit of a MLLLM combo more than ever. It happens probably 1/10 times I try and complete a full combo

Can you capture a video of combo drop/interruption? I have a guy who still doubts it happens.

Dr. Zola
    Will do what I can off from work. It’s definitely an issue and happens fairly frequently
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Still having issues, including charging enemy by itself
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Only issue I’m having is when hitting into block, you get parried.
  • Options
    FlushFlush Posts: 108
    parry issues still exist some fail to land, block not working correctly getting smashed at times, dexing specials is off, I was in middle special attack when defender just smashed me to death, ive had Alliance members complaining of issues aswell, have seen any change with beta but after latest update lot more lag, freezing, connection issues happening
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    edited May 2022
    Dexing has been fine for me parrying, lag and random heavies launched have been issues since opting in. So basically I get extra messed up heavies now.

If they gave us a damn option to turn off animations, I’m sure a lot of this would be corrected. -_-

If you can get things right, why keep pushing such “high quality animations”… makes no sense
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Etm34 said:

Dr. Zola
    I've experienced this three times in the last week, which is frequent enough to be annoying, but infrequent enough to be difficult to capture. I also cannot be certain if the issue is a glitch in the input system itself, or a change in the hotspots for tap gestures. It is possible that the regions that will register a proper tap are slightly different, and on rare occasions my fingers are drifting off of it. This would be extremely difficult to verify without a camera watching my hands.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Etm34 said:

Dr. Zola
    I've experienced this three times in the last week, which is frequent enough to be annoying, but infrequent enough to be difficult to capture. I also cannot be certain if the issue is a glitch in the input system itself, or a change in the hotspots for tap gestures. It is possible that the regions that will register a proper tap are slightly different, and on rare occasions my fingers are drifting off of it. This would be extremely difficult to verify without a camera watching my hands.
    I’ve always thought it was simply lag—where the input didn’t register and the AI assumed it had an opening. But your explanations seem equally (if not more) plausible.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Razor_360Razor_360 Posts: 27
    I have discovered that the lag has gotten worse since the update. The screen freezes for sometime and my champ all of a sudden throws a heavy and gets punished ffs. Even after opting for beta options, this hasnt changed. But ok, stop the compensation that everyone was receiving and keep changing the glory store lmao
  • Options
    Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    I use an Ipad pro and Dex / parry works fine now, but the Screen freezes several Times in a fight. The sound moves on, for example when I throw a Special, I can hear the different hits, but i dont see them. After a second the freezes is gone and then i´m back in the Fight, but now I join at the Point where the Fight develops in the meanwhile. So it is hard to react and I often loose Fights therefore. In some cases the game crashes at the Freeze - Point and I have to start it new.
  • Options
    Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 165 ★★
    Didn't have issues before, on samsung s21 ultra. Checked the opt in to try it out and get used to any potential timing change. But noticed after testing for a while I seemed to get a dropped input on the last hit of a combo and my champ just came to a standstill.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Parry was great for me, but I had to opt out for 2 issues
    1) Doom: after SP3 he does a combo on his own, badly, and I get wrecked. Opt out = no problem.
    2) Colossus (and Sunspot) vs 7.2.2 bishop. When Colossus was immune to incinerate, the game treated it as a purify. Bishop would give me the appropriate Energy damage for a purify and I died rapidly.
    Once I opted out, fight was normal.
  • Options
    IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    edited May 2022
    I don’t know if I would say worse but, definitely did not make anything better. Getting slapped in the face when I should parry has not been fun for a year now. And compensation ending is just going to make it worse. Not to mention, there was little to none in the regular questing area. Combos abruptly ending midway, dex fails, heavy attack not activating, etc… So very disappointed right now. I never thought I would quit this game but, I think I might have to.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    My controls are worse both when in and out of the beta since the update. Especially bad with XL and L attackers against XL or L defenders. Just terrible.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Swiping forth works only half of the times. Trying to do a medium attack or intercept, the champion throws a heavy instead. Plus some minor lagging.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I didn't have any consistent issues before, now my parry and dex are not working pretty often
  • Options
    Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 97
    The new parry is something you can get used to if it’s consistent. Dropped inputs, difficult dexing, and champs moving on their own is not. I’m not sure if I should stay in beta mode or go back. I feel like non beta is better but if Beta is how the game will be, then I’ll need to adapt. Both options, not great.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I’m dropping inputs, can’t swipe back after combos I have to delay that swipe which leaves me vulnerable, also linking specials from combos timing is messed up, the timing I’ve always used is lagging before special are fired
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    block parry and sometimes special doesn't work.. its hit or miss, not good for AQ or AW.. at least there is compensation package AQ revive and heal potion.. but not great for AW, one combo could cost death.. I hope Kabam can make a more stable dependable control system.