**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A F2P Suggestion for Those Seeking Paragon

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
I was thinking, since the majority of players attained this through spending , and given the recent 7.4 deals that were bugged (allowing players to purchase twice , this may have been a massive help to some, but the reality is that most players don’t have 20k units to fork over to be able to acquire the deal a 2nd time.

I personally did have 20k units, and got the deal once. Not entirely sure, if I’ll get it again (i’ll be at just enough for a 2nd r4) since the material is being added to side quests, EOP, july 4 and cyber monday etc.

Nevertheless, this post is for those that don’t have that kind of money or units to chuck away for the r4 mats.

My idea was, potentially a new arena that awarded more units or a revamp in the current alliance /single player milestone rewards to have more units available.

The arena can be made available for a limited time (such as until the end of EOP or something). This would give some players a chance to get some units by the next time the 7.4 deal drops , and if thats already coming up soon, then at least for july 4.

The 7.4 deal has great value, sure. But, not everyone has the units available, or some may prefer to save their units for July 4.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Options

The idea is good but kabam would never. That would take away from their revenue for cyber Monday; July 4th and whatever else they want to make money on with unit deals.

The way i see it is, this can be the chance for kabam to prove that its not just about the money for them, the requirements from the start should’ve been 2 rank 4’s, the time between EOP release and release of Paragon should’ve been extended (just like it was with thronebreaker and SOP), but we’re past that point, for them to make any change on that.

At the very least if we’re going to see crazy unit price deals be repeated for these r4 mats then balance the playing field of which units can be maintained? Unless the purpose of the offer being rebuyable was to add FOMO and have more summoners spend for odins to be able to afford the deals
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think an immediate availability for FTP to obtain Paragon title is almost impossible, yet I think you can get it within a year given the current change in reward for T6b / T3a via different SQs, and you exploit Act 7.4 hand-in-hand.
  • Options
    Saiyan said:

As a FTP player with a single R4, my advice to you is:

Have Patience

It's not a race and we will get it eventually. Don't be a victim of FOMO and let it live in your mind (outside the game also)

You’re right but this is exactly what kabam is doing to the players, by keeping the rewards of EOP an unknown until after those 7.4 deals are launched. That way people spend their units and probably real money on getting the units. I just wish there was more transparency so that people could gauge it somewhat. To put this into context, what if someone goes for the 7.4 deal twice and then later on in the year the r4 mats start being more readily available? That person would have a massive regret in dumping so many units.

The game use to be fun, now its all about marketing tactics and finding ways to make people spend the most money.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Of course easier units would be nice, but what you are asking is for a for profit business that only stays in business based on money people spend to give people a reason to spend less. Those who don't support a company stay in business are unlikely to get special offers to encourage them to continue to not support a for profit company.
  • Options

Of course easier units would be nice, but what you are asking is for a for profit business that only stays in business based on money people spend to give people a reason to spend less. Those who don't support a company stay in business are unlikely to get special offers to encourage them to continue to not support a for profit company.

There are regular arena grinders who constantly have 10's of thousands of units. OP.just wants it easier for them.
    I agree and that's pretty much exactly what I said. I'm not f2p but way more of a grinder than a big spender. I farmed approximately 30k units in past 5 months so had non-issue getting the deals, but it takes some continuous effort.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

There are regular arena grinders who constantly have 10's of thousands of units. OP.just wants it easier for them.
    I agree and that's pretty much exactly what I said. I'm not f2p but way more of a grinder than a big spender. I farmed approximately 30k units in past 5 months so had non-issue getting the deals, but it takes some continuous effort.
    Exactly. What's missing from people like OP is the effort part.
  • Options

This makes no sense, just because they release the arena, doesn’t mean people will stop spending. Spenders such as yourself will always spend to gain that advantage. Besides, my idea mentioned clearly that the arena would only be for a limited duration time.

The reason I mentioned this is because we’re seeing (due to a bug) back to back deals that cost 10k deals, so why not even the playing field for those that aren’t spenders or farm in arena for 10 hours+ a day?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

This makes no sense, just because they release the arena, doesn’t mean people will stop spending. Spenders such as yourself will always spend to gain that advantage. Besides, my idea mentioned clearly that the arena would only be for a limited duration time.

The reason I mentioned this is because we’re seeing (due to a bug) back to back deals that cost 10k deals, so why not even the playing field for those that aren’t spenders or farm in arena for 10 hours+ a day?
    So are you planning on restricting that arena to just people who've never spent or spend less than a certain amount or what?

What's to stop a spender from doing your arena and getting more units gaining even more of an advantage?
  • Options

Polygon said:

So are you planning on restricting that arena to just people who've never spent or spend less than a certain amount or what?

What's to stop a spender from doing your arena and getting more units gaining even more of an advantage?
    It would be open to anyone
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★

Anything they do to attempt to give f2p players an edge will also give spenders an edge. F2p players are never going to have the ability to match a spender in roster size or progression, game is not designed that way. Spenders will always have new champs first, reach new progression first, and afford more deals. Just how it is. There’s nothing Kabam can really do to make it fair, as most f2p players are casual players who don’t give the time and effort needed to keep up with spenders.

This could mean that everyone HAS to complete 7.4 to reach paragon, that would be enough. A whale could have more easy time with a broad roster but still would need to do the "work" agree?

Now, see this cash offers buy you the mats required that are 80% (no idea if this is correct, feels like 99% i digress) current most valuable resources that is a pre-requisite of a new progression title?

Now add this zero-sum game on arena, battlegrounds,allience war, where those resources are "free to play?"

I honoustly don't understand why people can defend this as a current working system?
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Last note, you should be rewareded for playing.. is that not something note worthy ?!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Polygon said:

Around for just a limited time, just long enough for you to get the units? Your post and request is so insanely biased and specific to your exact needs. Your just looking for a shortcut for yourself to get a title that is not currently meant for everyone, especially not meant for those who are only willing to achieve it through shortcuts.

And yes, my comment made perfect sense but your perspective is way too biased to accept it. People are spending when they normally wouldn't or more than they normally would to get this title. Why would a for profit company take that urge away purposefully?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Around for just a limited time, just long enough for you to get the units? Your post and request is so insanely biased and specific to your exact needs. Your just looking for a shortcut for yourself to get a title that is not currently meant for everyone, especially not meant for those who are only willing to achieve it through shortcuts.

And yes, my comment made perfect sense but your perspective is way too biased to accept it. People are spending when they normally wouldn't or more than they normally would to get this title. Why would a for profit company take that urge away purposefully?
    It seems like instead of making this arena, kabam can just hand out a 3-4 gem in an in game mail and be done with it..lol
  • Options

Polygon said:

How is it biased if i clearly said I already had the 20k units? Do you even read before you hit enter? We get it, you spent loads on the game, you grind arena 10 hours + daily and farmed the units. Not everyone has that kind of budget and our time for the game. Now move a long.
  • Options
    Mauled said:

I don’t see the huge issue with the whole Paragon title requirement to be honest. Just as with TB it’s a title that requires truly end game requirements at the time of release but in a few months time the end game F2P and low spenders will catch up. These days you can get a fresh F2P account to TB inside 6 months, it wouldn’t surprise me if a couple of years after Paragon is released you can get an account to Paragon inside 9 months from fresh without spending.

The thing that’s a bit cheeky is the claim that it was achievable for F2P players from the outset. Sure, it technically was if you’re an F2P player placing masters and in a Top 45+ AQ alliance consistently for the last 6 months but let’s be real, there’s probably less than 50 players who fall into that category.

The issue is they’re going to lock a bunch of valuable rewards behind the EOP objectives (think SOP objectives last year), the difference being there not being enough of a time interval as it was back then for players to have a chance to get the title first