**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Crossbones were not throw specials crossbones will not throw specials

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
Crossbones will not throw specials crossbones will not throw specials. I understand this fight is supposed to be hard that’s the fun part, but when you make changes to your AI for the fight so crossbones will be completely passive it really just comes off as a unit grab! I mean it’s pretty blatant that it’s written into the fight when you can corner him launch your special and even coming out of the special he won’t throw his.

Comments

• Options
    PoolBoyRoyPoolBoyRoy Posts: 48
    Agreed, only villain champ I got that can work is apoc who isn’t poison immune. Makes it very hard to get anything done if he won’t throw specials and just holds block; End up either poisoned or degenerating. Sucks but we’ll just need to deal with it.
  • Options
    Natehawk43Natehawk43 Posts: 44
    Yeah I agree with these comments… just keep on trying. It took me probably 30 restarts (or more!) to get one fight that really fell into the right rhythm and then it just kept on going until Crossbones was KO’d. If you get frustrated just take a break and come back to it (I know that’s easier said than done). You’ll get there!
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian
    Omega red makes this fight a breeze with 1 point in coagulate. I had no problems getting crossbones to throw specials by just hitting his block twice and dashing back. He was very cooperative with his specials for me
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Try standing super still, then dashing back at the very last second as he dashes towards you. Or being reckless and attacking in a less predictable pattern. I didn’t see anything unusual with when he would throw his special.

Maybe you’re not used to the new beta timings.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i found that sentinel actually helps you with the bane timer. since you're getting so much power back after you launch a special, you'll almost always have a bar of power or more. then you don't need to basic intercept, just get him to come towards you and throw a special. won't always work, but it's more reliable than intercepting
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I have noticed that when you begin the figth and instantly parry the AI is so passive, I don't know how you figth against him but when I want I defender acts more aggressive I dex the first hit then intercept.
    This works for me if there are no nodes that become the defender acts passive.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    not throwing specials has been an issue for a while now but yes it's more so in this fight for sure. RNG eh? smh almost as bad as ROL sometimes lol
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

The ai is made so bane kills you

This makes perfect sense. Not saying it's a good thing, but it's a very logical conclusion for players. I try not to blame the game when many people are getting solos.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    It took me a while to get the rhythm, but I found CB easy to backdraft intercept when I had him pinned to the wall. I tried DM and Nimrod, but Warlock worked best for me. Just need to get the villain objective now.

But…I do agree. CB playing hard to get this fight. Refuses to give it up.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I had a pretty aggressive AI in this fight. Baited SP1 all day with no issue. Crazy how differently the fight is for everyone
  • Options
    Like I said earlier, from what I saw and experienced, this is the same crossbones AI from act 6 just a little beefed up. I recently explored that chapter a few months back and the AI behaved the same way and was extremely passive and not wanting to throw specials. It's very aggravating
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    When the ai actually played into me, I rather enjoyed this fight.
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    AI not throwing specials? What's new?
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★
    He's definitely not any AI. The AI is tweaked for this fight and especially for the bane node. I realized that after trying several times with Ghost. Not throwing special attacks, being a turtle especially when the bane is about to end on his side or the bane is on me.
    Ended up using Sentinel for him and seems like the best choice for 3 points at one go. When CB is passive, pinned him to the wall and heavy him because Sentinel's heavy is unstoppable at 100 charges. Had to use 1 revive though.
  • Options
    PoolBoyRoyPoolBoyRoy Posts: 48
    I left this fight for a day and coming back to it this morning the AI was much better to deal with.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I found him normal. I think the added constraints of him needing to throw specials and
    maintaining three furies,
    the Bane timer,
    not being able to block or parry as well
    as it being unideal to push him to sp2 combine
    to make it seem like he's being stingier than normal
  • Options
    redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 163

I found him normal. I think the added constraints of him needing to throw specials and
    maintaining three furies,
    the Bane timer,
    not being able to block or parry as well
    as it being unideal to push him to sp2 combine
    to make it seem like he's being stingier than normal

Agreed. I really didnt see anything out of the ordinary with the AI. Just more of the usual fighting in a way to bait out his sp. And not to depend on punishing his sp as the way to get the his/restart bane timer.