**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This is a fact. The game has devolved (proof)

DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
I have obtained all the title progressions on day one of availability. Until paragon! Now I’m months away from obtaining it. I have changed nothing about my play and spending. No one has obtained this new title with out hard spending or hard grinding (which costs absurd time) It used to be based on story progression. Throne breaker was the start of spend to win now it’s the culture. I never minded the spend grind balance but it’s tipped way to the spending side.
Carinas challenges are a joke. Don’t give me any of that garbage.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★
    Clearly something has changed, and that is that you haven’t done all of the endgame content that is available in game.

Just out of curiosity, did you 100% the Gauntlet last year? Get all the points in SoP? Have you explored Act 7? How far off from Paragon would you be if you were to actually knock out Carina’s Challenges?
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Can someone give op the definition of what "proof" is?

I would, but feel like the 8-seconds I wasted reading his example of proof and the 20-seconds I wasted writing this is enough wasted time for one topic.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    It happened because of a massive backlash on the difficulty of new story content. This resulted in nerfs to current story content as well as the difficulty on the development of any new story content. As a result, progression titles started to begin to be tied more to roster progression. I'm indifferent to the changes myself as either good or bad, but this was the stated reason when the Thronebreaker title was released.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    I’d love to see the proof you have. I was thronebreaker day 1 and also paragon day 1. I spend less now than I did back then. I’ll actually have my 4th rank 4 at the conclusion of EOP or If inputs get better and I can finish the abyss carinas.
    Wish I spent at spring cleaning.

You just seem to want to vent about your failures which is ok. If you have proof please display.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I came here for the proof you mentioned about in the title but your comment doesn't has any.

My disappointment is Immeasurable and my day is ruined.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★

I’d love to see the proof you have. I was thronebreaker day 1 and also paragon day 1. I spend less now than I did back then. I’ll actually have my 4th rank 4 at the conclusion of EOP or If inputs get better and I can finish the abyss carinas.
    Wish I spent at spring cleaning.

You just seem to want to vent about your failures which is ok. If you have proof please display.

Ironically I spend more now than I did then, and I was Thronebreaker day one but not Paragon.

I… might be doing it wrong.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 763 ★★★
    I think the proof... is from the bottle of alichol he must be hung over from thinking that this argument was proof. 100 proof... sure man.

I'm not going to say game doesn't have issues... but what you listed... isn't one of them.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I have obtained all the title progressions on day one of availability. Until paragon! Now I’m months away from obtaining it. I have changed nothing about my play and spending. No one has obtained this new title with out hard spending or hard grinding (which costs absurd time) It used to be based on story progression. Throne breaker was the start of spend to win now it’s the culture. I never minded the spend grind balance but it’s tipped way to the spending side.

.....and the award for the most dramatic "it's all about me" award goes to DarthVadid!
  • DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★

So...your proof is that you weren't able to get paragon day 1?

The proof would take some thought so I get it. They have shifted from pay and play. To just pay. If your to blind to see that not my problem. But as I said I was Cav day 1 throne breaker day 1 and now I am months away from paragon that’s is a huge shift in the amount of money you all spend to get your paragon. Don’t even try to give the free to play BS. No one is doing Carinas with out multiple multiple revives which cost time and or money. If you have no life out side of playing MCOC good for you. The fact that you must choose from being on this game for hours a day or just flat out buy your catalyst is a deterioration of this game. People on YouTube Chanel’s have discussed this plenty not a new concept.
    DNA3000 said:

If anything, this sounds like strong evidence that you've devolved.

Thronebreaker was not the first time that there was a roster check on progress. That was Cavalier, which was gated behind Act 6.1 completion which had the Act 6 5* gates applied: you couldn't do Act 6.1 at all with 4* and lower champs. People explicitly stated at the time that this was "the first time" that progress was tied to possessing a rarity of champ rather than "doing content."

And Cavalier was not the first time progression was decoupled from story progression. Uncollected was technically gated to beating the Collector. Sure, he's in 5.2 so technically you could say Uncollected was based on story progression, but that's disingenuous. Everyone knew Uncollected was about beating the Collector, it is even called the Uncollected progress title, and that's how everyone described it at the time.

And Progress titles themselves were not even a thing in the beginning. Progress in the game used to be defined by *level*. Level unlocked the important things, not content. You could have a drinking bird redo Act 1 over and over again and theoretically reach level 60 without making any progress in story content. This myth of "progress was always about story" is a hallucination. Progress titles were retroactively created for story arc completion *after* Uncollected was created. Uncollected was the first big shift away from levels and towards progress titles. Contender, Proven, and Conqueror are retroactive artifacts of that shift.

It used to be about gaining levels. Then it was about beating a tough boss. Then it was about completing a story arc chapter gated behind 5* roster. Then it was about completing the first story arc book and having an R3 champion, and now it is about completing the current top story arc and having three R4 champions. There's no "used to be" anywhere in the real history of this game.
    That’s a lot of typing to prove my point. I had no issues getting Cav or uncollected with my spending habits and amount of play time. Now paragon is behind a large pay wall or waiting outing months to get it.
    edited May 2022

It used to be about gaining levels. Then it was about beating a tough boss. Then it was about completing a story arc chapter gated behind 5* roster. Then it was about completing the first story arc book and having an R3 champion, and now it is about completing the current top story arc and having three R4 champions. There's no "used to be" anywhere in the real history of this game.

Yes exactly and I never had any issue till now so you say the game has evolved I say it had devolved. My premise is proof in that I was able to progress easily unlit now with no change to my approach. That for me is a negative result form the greed of the game. Most anyone with some reason beloved 3 was to many R4. If you don’t then you probably have nothing more important in your life then playing MCOC all day or you are wealthy. I applaud you for either. But your not the only person playing this game. When the majority see problems and issues with the game. Change is needed.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited May 2022

The proof would take some thought so I get it. They have shifted from pay and play. To just pay. If your to blind to see that not my problem. But as I said I was Cav day 1 throne breaker day 1 and now I am months away from paragon that’s is a huge shift in the amount of money you all spend to get your paragon. Don’t even try to give the free to play BS. No one is doing Carinas with out multiple multiple revives which cost time and or money. If you have no life out side of playing MCOC good for you. The fact that you must choose from being on this game for hours a day or just flat out buy your catalyst is a deterioration of this game. People on YouTube Chanel’s have discussed this plenty not a new concept.
    "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.” - Acadmic Decathlon host from Billy Madison

You can try to act snarky and smart all you want, that's fine, but you didn't put any evidence in your post nor comment. Your title specifically says evidence yet where is it? You're only "evidence" was that you couldn't get it day one. Unless you're the baseline for how the game is evolving, I don't think it matters too much. Do I fully agree with the requirements? Nope, but those are the requirements they chose so oh well. I don't spend anymore so the deals don't really entice me, neither do the "to be announced" features. However, you've just said not to mention Carinas because they cost time and money. From this I am assuming you haven't done them yet because you don't want to spend time or money. This is a progression title. How do you expect to get it without time or maybe some money. This title was meant for people who have done it all and are in high alliances and war. Does that mean everyone under that belt has it either? Nope and there will always be outliers. These rank up materials are not just going to be handed out and you're going to need to decided if you're going to put time or money into the game in order to get them. Or don't and stay where you're at.
    Wicket329 said:

Clearly something has changed, and that is that you haven’t done all of the endgame content that is available in game.

Just out of curiosity, did you 100% the Gauntlet last year? Get all the points in SoP? Have you explored Act 7? How far off from Paragon would you be if you were to actually knock out Carina’s Challenges?

Very good questions I appreciate your inquiry. I have 100% all acts the abyss and everything below that. I have 1 almost 2 r4 six stars. After this eternity of pain I will have 2. I would be content if that was the threshold. But the third is over kill. As far as carinas challenges I won’t do any of the 4 Star Labrynth garbage or the other resource suckers. It is a waist of time and money. I don’t have time to farm 50 revives and 100s of potions and won’t spend cash to get them

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.” - Acadmic Decathlon host from Billy Madison

You can try to act snarky and smart all you want, that's fine, but you didn't put any evidence in your post nor comment. Your title specifically says evidence yet where is it? You're only "evidence" was that you couldn't get it day one. Unless you're the baseline for how the game is evolving, I don't think it matters too much. Do I fully agree with the requirements? Nope, but those are the requirements they chose so oh well. I don't spend anymore so the deals don't really entice me, neither do the "to be announced" features. However, you've just said not to mention Carinas because they cost time and money. From this I am assuming you haven't done them yet because you don't want to spend time or money. This is a progression title. How do you expect to get it without time or maybe some money. This title was meant for people who have done it all and are in high alliances and war. Does that mean everyone under that belt has it either? Nope and there will always be outliers. These rank up materials are not just going to be handed out and you're going to need to decided if you're going to put time or money into the game in order to get them. Or don't and stay where you're at.
    The proof is the titles are no longer available to me with my level of time and money spent on day1. That is the proof I’m sorry it is hidden through your need to try and be funny. I can’t make it more simple then I never had a problem gaining a title day 1 until now. That is a change for the negative against me. I represent a lot of players who feel these requirements are to much. Again if I’m not clear I and everyone I have talked to about paragon agree that it was to much pay and not enough play to get it. Every title is centered on story progression except throne breaker which needed a rank up. ( no issues). This title is heavily based on rank up. This exists because Kabam hates that they couldn’t make act 7 a clown fest of nodes and BS. So they shifted progress away from story to rank up which is controlled by money and greed
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

If anything, this sounds like strong evidence that you've devolved.

Thronebreaker was not the first time that there was a roster check on progress. That was Cavalier, which was gated behind Act 6.1 completion which had the Act 6 5* gates applied: you couldn't do Act 6.1 at all with 4* and lower champs. People explicitly stated at the time that this was "the first time" that progress was tied to possessing a rarity of champ rather than "doing content."

And Cavalier was not the first time progression was decoupled from story progression. Uncollected was technically gated to beating the Collector. Sure, he's in 5.2 so technically you could say Uncollected was based on story progression, but that's disingenuous. Everyone knew Uncollected was about beating the Collector, it is even called the Uncollected progress title, and that's how everyone described it at the time.

And Progress titles themselves were not even a thing in the beginning. Progress in the game used to be defined by *level*. Level unlocked the important things, not content. You could have a drinking bird redo Act 1 over and over again and theoretically reach level 60 without making any progress in story content. This myth of "progress was always about story" is a hallucination. Progress titles were retroactively created for story arc completion *after* Uncollected was created. Uncollected was the first big shift away from levels and towards progress titles. Contender, Proven, and Conqueror are retroactive artifacts of that shift.

That’s a lot of typing to prove my point. I had no issues getting Cav or uncollected with my spending habits and amount of play time. Now paragon is behind a large pay wall or waiting outing months to get it.

What’s so bad about waiting? What makes you so special?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Don’t even try to give the free to play BS. No one is doing Carinas with out multiple multiple revives which cost time and or money. If you have no life out side of playing MCOC good for you. The fact that you must choose from being on this game for hours a day or just flat out buy your catalyst is a deterioration of this game.

I have done 45 mins to an hour of revive grinding a day for the past couple of weeks auto playing L1 revive quests. I began with 10 energy refills (easily obtainable in alliance event content over a month) and I now have 85 revives in my inventory. Each run takes 7 or 8 mins to do, I put it on while I'm watching TV and have to tap when I run out of energy or to restart the quest. You get energy refills while you do it on random spawns, which keeps the cycle going.

Wait a month, get 10 energy refills from 3 day events in alliance. Then if your time is so valuable that you can't do 45 mins a day for 2 weeks, it makes me question how you progress in this game at all.

Anyone who says they can't do Carina challenges because they need to spend really needs stop making excuses. If you're telling me that you don't already spend 45 mins a day on the game doing random stuff like Cav EQ, SQ etc, then I'd be incredibly surprised. And if you only have 45 mins a day, then forget about Side Quest and Cav EQ for 2 weeks and do it at the end of the month, clearly, rank 4 materials are more important than half a 6*.
    I grow tired of silly questions. As I said I have played this game I’m sure longer then you and have been phased out by pay to play. Which is a devolved state of the game. If you have paragon or don’t mind waiting good for you that’s your experience.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★

I grow tired of silly questions. As I said I have played this game I’m sure longer then you and have been phased out by pay to play. Which is a devolved state of the game. If you have paragon or don’t mind waiting good for you that’s your experience.

I find it funny that the game out grew your game progression and you're making it out to be something completely different. You think the title has to match where you're at in game and be in-line with what you want to do in game and that's just simply not the case. The Paragon title wasn't initially released to cater to you. It was released to to cater to those have done everything beyond what you are willing to do like Carinas challenges or high tier aw and AQ. Blame Kabam all you want but you're the blind one here, not anyone else.

Don’t even try to give the free to play BS. No one is doing Carinas with out multiple multiple revives which cost time and or money. If you have no life out side of playing MCOC good for you. The fact that you must choose from being on this game for hours a day or just flat out buy your catalyst is a deterioration of this game.

I have done 45 mins to an hour of revive grinding a day for the past couple of weeks auto playing L1 revive quests. I began with 10 energy refills (easily obtainable in alliance event content over a month) and I now have 85 revives in my inventory. Each run takes 7 or 8 mins to do, I put it on while I'm watching TV and have to tap when I run out of energy or to restart the quest. You get energy refills while you do it on random spawns, which keeps the cycle going.

Wait a month, get 10 energy refills from 3 day events in alliance. Then if your time is so valuable that you can't do 45 mins a day for 2 weeks, it makes me question how you progress in this game at all.

Anyone who says they can't do Carina challenges because they need to spend really needs stop making excuses. If you're telling me that you don't already spend 45 mins a day on the game doing random stuff like Cav EQ, SQ etc, then I'd be incredibly surprised. And if you only have 45 mins a day, then forget about Side Quest and Cav EQ for 2 weeks and do it at the end of the month, clearly, rank 4 materials are more important than half a 6*.
    Starlords dance off with one of the best skilled YouTubers… 80 revives and 4 hours to complete. I’m being to think you don’t even play this game bro. I have completed every! Reasonable carina’s challenge. Trust me I don’t any tips. I know how it works and it down work the same anymore.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Starlords dance off with one of the best skilled YouTubers… 80 revives and 4 hours to complete. I’m being to think you don’t even play this game bro. I have completed every! Reasonable carina’s challenge. Trust me I don’t any tips. I know how it works and it down work the same anymore.
    Ok, so I just showed you that you can go and get those 80 revives with 45 mins - 1hour a day for 2 weeks. What's stopping you except for excuses?
This discussion has been closed.