**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wasn't aware of the update today ahead of time, as a result my alliance couldn't finish the AQ

So earlier today I had a dentist appointment and soon after I woke up I had to dash out of my house almost immediately. After my appointment was complete I went to log in the game and discovered I needed to update the game in order to log in and finish my path in Section 3 of the AQ. The only problem being that it was after 2:00 p.m. and there was only an hour left in the AQ. So there I was, I couldn't log in to the game to finish my path in section 3 and the game would not update on my phone unless I had access Wi-Fi. I was too far from my house to get home in time for my BG to finish the AQ properly so I ran around trying to find access to free Wi-Fi. I found a restaurant with free Wi-Fi and proceeded to download the update. 20 minutes into downloading this update I wasn't even a third of the way through downloading the update and realized there was no way for me to finish my path in the AQ. I decided to take a chance and hopped in my car and drove to my aunt's house where as soon as I got there I had 7 minutes left to clear my path and drop the boss. Not to mention I still had to update the game so yeah it didn't happen and we didn't finish and lost a ton of prestige and as a result our rewards will be affected and we will place lower at the end of this AQ cycle than we normally do.

The reason I am writing this post is to bring to Kabams attention that they released an update that they mandatory required in order to play the game as of about 1:00 p.m. Eastern standard time today near the end of the fourth day of the AQ. I know for a fact we were not the only group affected by this. Numerous people have been complaining all afternoon about it.

I think it would have been a much wiser choice to have the app update become mandatory 24 hours after its release to give players time to update their game without preventing them from accessing the game. You know, like you normally do.

I also firmly believe you should send out an apology in the game about what happened today and consider some kind of restitution. Maybe give everybody affected the same rewards they got last week? At least apologize and let us know this isn't going to happen again because this entire situation was your fault.

If anybody else was affected please chime in below because I've talked to over 20 people already that are really upset about this.

Comments

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I've talked to over 200 people who finished their paths ahead of an hour left. This inconvenience is not that big of a deal. What's more telling is you wanting free stuff for not doing what's expected of you and blaming everyone but yourself.

Don't know about that as timezones are a thing too. If I don't finish my lane with at least 8 hrs left in aq I have a 15 minute window to do it when I wake up and that is only because I'm up at 445am for work.

This doesn't affect me at all as I did finish earlier so nothing at all to me but I can see where people are coming from. If I'm given 24 hours to do something then I should have the full 24.
    No you are right. Time zones do play a big part in things. That's why smart players have lanes set with zones in mind, even if leadership doesn't assign them. Players who have played with each other long enough know who is where, what lanes they favor and for the most part their availability.

Also communication amongst members plays a big part. A dentist appointment as the OP states, is something that should have been communicated. Heck when it was mothers day or my kidd birthdays I let my alliance know ahead of time I was going to have limited play time.

What I'm saying is the OP had a series of issues all popping off from his dentist appointment. This could have been overcome with proper communication.

If this was as big of an issue as they state, then we would be seeing a lot more people complaining. I'm in a chat with over 300 people and I didn't see anyone complain about the hot fix download. Only thing I saw was them making fun of it.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    This normally happens to me while I'm at work, log in, "Update required" and I'm screwed for 10 hrs until I get home.

I still finish with plenty of time to spare but it might be nice to know in advance or have a grace period.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

Lomi said:

You trolls need to go find another bridge. Seriously. Have some respect and empathy. This was a big deal to the OP, maybe not all were affected, but come on. These forums are maybe one level above global chat. The OP were simply saying, without warning, they had to update, and could not. This cost their alliance.

Are you seriously saying you guys inform your alliance of everything that is going to transpire in your life on a daily basis? It was BS, along with prob 90% of what's happening now that Kabam implements. Go ahead, you whales, and let's make forums as useless as global is for actual discussion and help.
    Lomi

Its quite true forum is degenerating just like global chat. And its more prominent recently.

@Panchulon21 one can finish aq even in last 1 min that's shouldn't be your concern.
    The post here is about the inconvenience caused by mandatory update for peoples of some time zone. Do u get 5 stars awakened on forum from commenting like this and blindly defending kabam?
    The forums is nowhere close to the sewer that is global
    That's not saying much... not committing genocide, nope, just a serial killer.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    My question is, what were the backups doing in section 3 that they couldn't take his lane or the boss?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Not everyone has backups. We bosh rush every day since its normally only 3 of us in AQ. Of course, only doing map 3 helps haha
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I mean… then that’s not kabams fault that you didn’t finish your paths on time. Plan better and finish faster rather than complain on the forums. Finish your path sooner? Join aq sooner so you get more energy before bed? There are a lot of options rather than waiting till last mins to hurt your alliance.

And before you say it no I don’t live on the game, I play less than I did before and still manage to clear my paths with ample time to spare
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

I mean… then that’s not kabams fault that you didn’t finish your paths on time. Plan better and finish faster rather than complain on the forums. Finish your path sooner? Join aq sooner so you get more energy before bed? There are a lot of options rather than waiting till last mins to hurt your alliance.

And before you say it no I don’t live on the game, I play less than I did before and still manage to clear my paths with ample time to spare

OP obviously joined AQ once he got free but the sudden must needed update ruined the things for him.
    Read his comment again from the absolute first word.