**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

EOP Rewards not suitable?

HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
Hi all,
Rewards are pretty the same as last year, but requirements are harder.
First one requires 3 buffs on attacker, hard Bane-1, regen on block etc.

Do you think rewards are still suitable for efforts/cost?

Since 6* is quite common these days, it's a bit out of date to spend efforts (items/units) on it, I think.

Comments

• HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Zan0 said:

For the effort of doing just 8 fights these rewards are more than good

Yeah 8 fights are ok, but hard requirements though, maybe ok for Paragon then

These fights are easy solos to many users. Honestly not hard enough. Looks like it’s out of your skill range perhaps.

Yeah maybe though, just tried some fights, did you finish it yet?
    With a suitable R3 6* it's pretty fine
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Halley said:

These fights are easy solos to many users. Honestly not hard enough. Looks like it’s out of your skill range perhaps.

Yeah maybe though, just tried some fights, did you finish it yet?
    With a suitable R3 6* it's pretty fine
    I finished all 3 of my objectives 20 minutes after it was released.

Dragonman for XL and mystic
    Ultron for villian.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Halley said:

I mean, last year I still throw items/units on it.
    6* nexus are pretty desirable,
    but now it's should be 2 or 3 6* nexus anyway

Why should it be anymore than last year? Last year was a lot more fights.

Halley said:

Hi all,

It's 3 buffs on defender, not attacker!
    My bad, thank you for your remind, I misunderstood this.
    Just because rewards not attract me much so I neglect a bit 😄

Halley said:

I mean, last year I still throw items/units on it.
    6* nexus are pretty desirable,
    but now it's should be 2 or 3 6* nexus anyway

Why should it be anymore than last year? Last year was a lot more fights.
    Oh I just did Cav (not TB) at that time so it's pretty the same. This year is for TB & Paragon
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    They are suitable. Just have to do 8 fights and for much less efforts compared to SOP, I won't reject these rewards anyday. Also , this event runs 4 times a year. I am satisfied because afterall its not the only event we will be getting this year , obviously more will come as time passes to even add on to the fun and decent rewards. Its just May going on.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Halley said:

Hi all,

Since 6* is quite common these days, it's a bit out of date to spend efforts (items/units) on it, I think.

People who really go for EOP do not aim to 6*, they want rank 4 material.

I can speak for myself that I only care about rank 4 material at this point. I did all the objective first week and I can say it is a very well designed fight, you just need a counter (which you should have, or else dont try) and patience.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    The 6 star is not the goal of the rewards thou. It is the rank 4 materials. Those are the big price. And since it runs for about half as long as SOP, en repeat 3 more times after this. The rewards are actually twice as good, since 2 rounds of EOP equals SOP in terms of number of fights. And thus you could double the rewards you see this round.
  • RedBirdIsSmartRedBirdIsSmart Posts: 97
    People who really go for EOP do not aim to 6*, they want rank 4 material.

I can speak for myself that I only care about rank 4 material at this point. I did all the objective first week and I can say it is a very well designed fight, you just need a counter (which you should have, or else dont try) and patience.

Nah bro, got the solo with a civil warrior cap so any poison / bleed immune champ can do it. Tho I do agree, AI is a little bit stupid and some champs have a real hard time intercepting him.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I do not know if I’ll complete all objectives but the rewards and plenty juicy for me. I have a decent stash of revives and potions so,gonna go for it. Doubt I’ll need units.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,914 ★★★★★
    The fight isn't hard.
    edited May 2022

I do not know if I’ll complete all objectives but the rewards and plenty juicy for me. I have a decent stash of revives and potions so,gonna go for it. Doubt I’ll need units.

Yeah sure, my 5* Dragon dude just finish 1st one, with 20% health&attk boosts, 15% attk, 20%helth boosts, 2 20% revives.

... still wonder abt rewards, but have many idle items, so why not... 😄
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,972 ★★★★★
    Halley said:

Hi all,

How are they pretty much the same?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I dunno, and don’t think there’s a good way to see effort-to-reward ratio. It’s unclear how hard future fights will be. It’s unclear how often multiple objectives will be cleared by a single champion. Some people will obviously have to do far more fights than others. It’s unclear if the final round will have rewards outside of the objectives.

Part of the “rat race” design is to have different rewards for same effort. That is, I can go in to this fight with TB level apoc, and someone else can go in with Paragon apoc, perform the same, and come out with very different rewards. In fact, we can do that all the way thru, and my rewards will be about half the paragons. It’s just another bit to cue a sense of FOMO, and get me moving towards paragon. Unfortunately for them, I work in middle management, and am used to earning less while doing all the work.

Either way, is the challenge fun? Do you need, or want, the rewards? If all of those are true, I would avoid trying to spoil the experience by dwelling excessively on if the rewards are “suitable.”

• allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    It's definitely beyond my skill level, which plateaued like 3 years ago lol. But I want those R4 mats, so I threw some items at it.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Halley said:

Hi all,

Here’s the milestone rewards for SOP last year, obviously not similar with EOP especially if you are talking about the highest rank milestone.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269471/summer-of-pain-solo-event-rewards

Is it too early to judge whether EOP is harder than SOP? It’s just the 1st opponent. If you consider this EOP Crossbones is too hard, go check MSD YouTube channel and he is now showcasing different options. Other than him, the fastest ko I saw so far is 70 seconds.
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
    edited May 2022
    I think ppl forgot how easy some of the SOP fights were last year and how Red mags and others cheesed many. I dont think crossbones was easier/harder in general than SOP opponents. Personally, feel these rewards dont compare to last year's SOP
    SOP had 8 fights. Boss rush was separate and had separate reward system. EOP 4 fights plus a gauntlet where you take on all 4 previous fights ( with many objectives) that is included in this reward system. Even if the objectives for wk 5 only take 2 runs, that equals 12 fights total. So,

Thronebreaker
    SOP —> EOP
    A year ago! —> Brand spankin new
    8 fights —> 12 or more fights
    6* nexus —> same
    T5CC 200% —> 125%
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

I dont feel the rewards rly match up a year later and in some areas are even worse.
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    Didnt SOP have a lot more fights at the end. Like had to do 8 runs, 3 fights each if i recall
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    Nevermind, found my answer. It did

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Halley said:

Hi all,

The fights might look harder, but we've only really seen one of them and the event itself is targeting stronger players. Summer of Pain targeted Cavalier and TB players, EoP targets TB and Paragon players. Relative to them, I think the difficulty is comparable.

As to the rewards, they look similar on the surface, but that doesn't factor in some significant differences between the two events. It took nine weeks of Summer of Pain for TBs to get all of the milestone rewards. It will take five weeks for Paragon players to reach the top tier milestone now, and then the event will reset and run again. So overall, the rewards might look similar, but the players are earning them faster, earning them multiple times, and at the highest tiers gaining better rewards.
  • i want to play eternity of pain requirement to play or level required ple tell me
  • captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 532 ★★★

i want to play eternity of pain requirement to play or level required ple tell me

you have to be Thronebreaker to enter