**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gwenpool nerf

Comments

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Gwenpool should be nerf. In comics she wasn't even special. They made WAY TOO OVERRATED. No way in a life time she was that powerful in the comics. You should see how many times, she died(by deadpool at least) I find it funny actually.
  • @Kabam Miike
    when will we get the response of this? or that nothing will happen and you just let us forget about this over time?
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    It’s pretty obvious you’re not getting rank down tickets.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I have gwenpool maxed and the adjustment is ok. It does not stop her from being amazing. Also, if the enemy is bleeding by doing a heavy the bleed last longer so you still can pin enemies to the corner for some time but you cannot do the exploit anymore for a long time.
  • PorkChopExpressPorkChopExpress Posts: 47
    edited November 2017
    Deleted pointing out other champs can do this also and don’t need them nerfed
  • PorkChopExpressPorkChopExpress Posts: 47
    edited November 2017
    deleted
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I have gwenpool maxed and the adjustment is ok. It does not stop her from being amazing. Also, if the enemy is bleeding by doing a heavy the bleed last longer so you still can pin enemies to the corner for some time but you cannot do the exploit anymore for a long time.

Told you it won't be such a big deal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It's really not a huge change. I've been using her since and she's fine.
  • Its never about the magnitude of the change or alteration to a champ’s ability. It doesn’t matter if the proc says 5% or 10% or 15% from the original point. A change to a champ’s ability is a nerf or a buff. There is no in between. Does it change her usability in the case of GP? Of course it does. Just because some of you are uncomfortable or ignorant about using her heavy, it doesn’t take away the simplest fact that her ability is altered.

We shouldn’t even discuss about the consenquential factor that leads to the nerf; or as some of you kept regurgitating the almost moronic ‘change is minimal’ mantra. Let me stress that those defence argument is not even relevant to begin with. Otherwise, we are transcending into a very tricky slope about ‘gravity of the change’ instead of focusing on the one thing that mattered most - her previous ability is reduced. Period. Regardless of the level gravity or your ‘comfortable-ness’, her ability is reduced. Period.
    When that ability is reduced because it created a loophole that allowed for bypassing content, then it is necessary. The magnitude is pertinent because the change hasn't rendered her useless or even close to as different as previous nerfs.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    If they issue a gwenpool only RDT (those asking for a skill RDT, nice try), i wonder what % of people would use it? I'd use mine on my 4* if i pulled a 5* but not otherwise
    danielmath wrote: »
    If they issue a gwenpool only RDT (those asking for a skill RDT, nice try), i wonder what % of people would use it? I'd use mine on my 4* if i pulled a 5* but not otherwise

Probably just the percentage of people using the Heavy spam.

I'm not even sure if this "nerf" is more severe to her actual game play then when they "nerfed" Star Lord

I'm not even sure if this "nerf" is more severe to her actual game play then when they "nerfed" Star Lord

It's not really. They reduced the chance of Bleed with the Heavy. Which basically means you can't use Enervate then spam the Bleed to keep the enemy from doing anything. Obviously this creates a loophole where you can corner the enemy indefinitely.

It's not really. They reduced the chance of Bleed with the Heavy. Which basically means you can't use Enervate then spam the Bleed to keep the enemy from doing anything. Obviously this creates a loophole where you can corner the enemy indefinitely.

You can still corner then with enervate, it still refreshes with bleed. You just have to actually intercept like with Magik and not just spam heavy forever

You can still corner then with enervate, it still refreshes with bleed. You just have to actually intercept like with Magik and not just spam heavy forever

Should have said spam Heavy. I get it. Just saying that it's not a major nerf either way. Personally I never relied on that tactic. There's much more usefulness in other Combos from her.
    What you dont realize is that you can still do heavy and reapply the bleed for longer duration if the enemy is bleeding. I dont think this reduction from 50 to 5 percent resolves this issue.

If the enemy is bleeding all you have to do is Sp2 , the. Attack , parry heavy and the enervate will be endless as long as you keep 2 bleeds on the enemy. One to reapply the heavy and another one for the enervate
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Why not make a 5% chance to bleed if enervate was active?

Also, it wasn't much of a problem to me. i didn't use the heavy attack that much and wasn't aware of the exploit. though she still hits really hard. if i used the corner trick i wouldn't be very happy lol.
    Alpha07 wrote: »

Also, it wasn't much of a problem to me. i didn't use the heavy attack that much and wasn't aware of the exploit. though she still hits really hard. if i used the corner trick i wouldn't be very happy lol.

People used this exploit to beat the hell put of Juggs in LOL. People cleared Act 5 and exploited the game with this trick. I think everyone with a rank 4 5 star GP should be audited for LOL closely on the juggs and magik fights.

Because that would massively nerf her ability to power lock......some of you don't even think before you type good lord
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

I would use it to then rank her up again during level up.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

Because that would massively nerf her ability to power lock......some of you don't even think before you type good lord

Pretty sure he means by using her heavy not bleed in general. Basically keep her 50% chance to get a bleed from her heavy until enervate is triggered then reduce it to 5%. That would accomplish what kabam wanted and wouldn't have changed her heavy as much. Wish they would have done this instead.
    DaMunk wrote: »

Pretty sure he means by using her heavy not bleed in general. Basically keep her 50% chance to get a bleed from her heavy until enervate is triggered then reduce it to 5%. That would accomplish what kabam wanted and wouldn't have changed her heavy as much. Wish they would have done this instead.

Ya but enervate only lasts 8 seconds, so you would never waste the time setting up a heavy that only has a 50% chance to bleed. You're always going to do a 5 hit combo as that has a better chance to bleed. If she's bleeding, the heavy still has 100% chance to extend the bleed so that wasn't changed.
    Gwendoline wrote: »

I would use it to then rank her up again during level up.

That's pretty much all I used my Tickets for.
    I think a lot of people misunderstood why this frustrated me. It's not the fact they nerfed her heavy it how they did it. I understand the reason behind the change but don't agree with how they changed her. To me it was a lazy fix

Ya but enervate only lasts 8 seconds, so you would never waste the time setting up a heavy that only has a 50% chance to bleed. You're always going to do a 5 hit combo as that has a better chance to bleed. If she's bleeding, the heavy still has 100% chance to extend the bleed so that wasn't changed.

Don't always use a heavy to refresh enervate. I use heavies for a lot of different things now I won't get a bleed from it if one isn't active.

Don't always use a heavy to refresh enervate. I use heavies for a lot of different things now I won't get a bleed from it if one isn't active.

Like what? Not a criticism or anything, i'm actually curious as i have her at 5/50 and a 5* skill gem i'm hoping to some day use on her
    Of course the obvious one breaking a block, sometimes it just a timing thing, in no way does this make her a bad champ, she's still awesome. Honestly I overreacted starting this post but there's better ways of fixing the exploit and they took an easy way out. The above method is superior but the rarely go back on a decision and It seems like just one more thing kabam is content to do half heartedly.
    Of course the obvious one breaking a block, sometimes it just a timing thing, in no way does this make her a bad champ, she's still awesome. Honestly I overreacted starting this post but there's better ways of fixing the exploit and they took an easy way out. The above method is superior but the rarely go back on a decision and It seems like just one more thing kabam is content to do half heartedly.

Ya against Mordo that makes sense. You did get a nice shout out on Rich's news segment so starting the thread was worth it! haha

Ya against Mordo that makes sense. You did get a nice shout out on Rich's news segment so starting the thread was worth it! haha

Lol. Didn't see that. I usually watch him too. Thanks for the info.