**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

With the finalization of BG, how far are we from getting Mastery 2.0?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

The main problem with masteries switching isn't the time it takes to switch, but rather the units spent on it.

The changes are likely just gonna make it easier or quicker, but not cheaper. This isn't addressing any issue, this isn't a "pro-player move" at all.
    Not to mention that if you add more masteries, which will likely happen, can make it more frustrating to decide what masteries do we really want to have, and if they are viable to have all the time rather than other's.

I'll wait till the announcement comes to see how it will turn on. But overall, this all just seems like a scheme to add more masteries, incentivize more switching, spend units, spend money, profit. Which is typical, but a shame.

In a competitive game, people are often short-sighted about what is or isn’t a pro-player move. They’re quick to say “I want to be able to do X” without considering the consequences.

You want free mastery changes for everyone? You’ll be going against a war defense with max limber and other defensive masteries, and all the attackers will run suicides. Same thing for battlegrounds.

I think you should be able to set a solo quest load out and a competitive mode one (alliance and BG). They automatically apply within each type of content. It’s basically 3 extra tabs plus programming the game to identify which to use.
    Reason why I said that, its because they will qdd more masteries, and they said themseles that they WANT us to constantly switch masteries over and over again, and thats what they expect to happen.

Players don't hesitate to switch masteries just because of the time it takes to do it. They hesitate because of the cost to do it. Unless something is done to reduce that, nothing really is gonna champ. Like someone mention, they could cap it free at once per week or so, then add a higher cost for each time it would be resetted on that week
  • Options
    sheryfsheryf Posts: 25
    edited June 2022
    To aplly suicides and then revert it takes around 60 units, i do not care about masteries load if i need to pay 60 units each time i reload to another spec. once i need suicides for some challange (carina/eop) i can do it. Swithing to suicides for arena unit farm makes no sense, i do arena to earn units(not to spend units to switch masteries).

But Kabam does that for people who buy units and i do not care about cost, as a lot of peaple here already said, for them issue is time spending on switch, not unit cost, sad but true.