**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question on Summer of Pain final week scoring from last year - to help with my EoP plan

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
Last year I wasn’t Thronebreaker when Summer of Pain happened - was a lowly cavalier with no R3’s - so I only scored 4 points and didn’t bother with the final week/multi-boss part of the event.

With EoP I’m obviously doing better (6 points so far) as I am Thronebreaker now and have a much more developed roster. That said, I’m guessing I won’t be getting all of the bosses down in the multi-boss event the final three weeks without investing units, which I’m reluctant to do at a significant level ahead of July 4th.

This leads me to my question for those of you who participated in Summer of Pain last year: For the last week, do you need to fully complete the quest to get any points, or can you get 1-2 points from killing the first boss or two even if you don’t finish the full quest/kill all the bosses?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I am in exact same position as you, I scored few points in summer of pain but this time I have much better roster and have 6 points as of now. Wish you luck buddy
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Last year I wasn’t Thronebreaker when Summer of Pain happened - was a lowly cavalier with no R3’s - so I only scored 4 points and didn’t bother with the final week/multi-boss part of the event.

With EoP I’m obviously doing better (6 points so far) as I am Thronebreaker now and have a much more developed roster. That said, I’m guessing I won’t be getting all of the bosses down in the multi-boss event the final three weeks without investing units, which I’m reluctant to do at a significant level ahead of July 4th.

This leads me to my question for those of you who participated in Summer of Pain last year: For the last week, do you need to fully complete the quest to get any points, or can you get 1-2 points from killing the first boss or two even if you don’t finish the full quest/kill all the bosses?

Thank you

Structure of this year's final week seems to be different from last year
    So whatever worked last year might not be a viable strategy this time
    I think final week has 4 fights & 5 points
    May be 1 fight for each point & 1 point for completion
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Thank you

Highly doubt it. Last year there were points for completion, exploration and completing paths using specific classes.
  • Options
    I think there will be points for completion, then objectives for completing with specific tagged/class champs in your team.

I don't think there will be anything for individual fights. After all, you're already doing the individual fights now and getting rewarded for it.
  • Options
    just checked and there's 4 TB objectives in week 5 so 1 point for completion is my guess
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Also, farm revives now (3.2.6). You have two weeks to do the final quest -- not worth missing out on points imo.

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    Thanks all. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the one I suspected. Appreciate all the input!
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

Also, farm revives now (3.2.6). You have two weeks to do the final quest -- not worth missing out on points imo.

Counterpoint: it is absolutely worth missing out on points. Let’s assume we can go 12/12 as TB players in the first four weeks. Infinite restarts, boosts, whatever.

Now, the final challenge is here with a completion point and four objectives. You’re already at 12 points and your peak milestones available is 16. What do you get for that extra milestone, which probably requires multiple clears? You turn a nexus into a class nexus, turn 10 random stones into generics, and 10% t6b and t3a. If you’re already farming resources to get through individual fights, you won’t be able to affordably make it through the finale.

The value of time, items, and rankup materials is subjective, but the 12-16 jump (or lack thereof) and the 6-8 jump (or was it 4-6?) are confounding to me.
  • Options
    TheBlindSalmonTheBlindSalmon Posts: 73
    @TyEdge you should take a better look at the rewards - milestone 7 (16 points) has double the 6* sigs (20) and double the r4 materials (half of each catalyst) compared to tier 6 (12 points). Aside form the class nexus selector you mentioned you're confusing the rest of the rewards with the jump from 8 to 12 points.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,671 Guardian
    Malreck04 said:

AMS94 said:

Thank you

Highly doubt it. Last year there were points for completion, exploration and completing paths using specific classes.
    You literally agreed with what the dude said. 😂
    The structure is very different this time around where we get to bring 3 champs to do all 4 fights one after the other. We don't know what the objectives will look like yet, but with Paragon having 6 objectives and Thronebreaker having 4, it seems possible that you will have to beat it with certain champs on your team. I imagine there will be at least 1 really hard objective for most TB and at least 2 really hard ones for Paragon. We also get 3 weeks to beat it, so we have plenty of time to keep trying over and over again.
  • Options

@TyEdge you should take a better look at the rewards - milestone 7 (16 points) has double the 6* sigs (20) and double the r4 materials (half of each catalyst) compared to tier 6 (12 points). Aside form the class nexus selector you mentioned you're confusing the rest of the rewards with the jump from 8 to 12 points.

Yep my bad. 4-6 and 8-12 are the ones that don’t make sense to me. Assuming the finale doesn’t have separate rewards, and assuming theres no way to stockpile multiple objectives at once, that’s still a pass for me.

Now if there’s a way to get 4 points at once, I’d probably eat the cost even if it’s unpleasant.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    TyEdge said:

Now if there’s a way to get 4 points at once, I’d probably eat the cost even if it’s unpleasant.
    +3 points: Complete EoP Final quest with only Groot on your team... 😉
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i'm assuming the boss will be Superior Kang which I'm looking forward to because I loved that fight.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

i'm assuming the boss will be Superior Kang which I'm looking forward to because I loved that fight.

I think there will be just those 4 bosses from each week on a straight line.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

+3 points: Complete EoP Final quest with only Groot on your team... 😉
    I love and hate this. If they’re being savage, it’ll be 6 objectives to complete with a class of all (class) champs plus a seventh point for completion. Eliminate two random classes for TB players.

If they’re being generous, it’ll be to clear with one of those champs on your team so you could mix and match, clear twice, and get all points.
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    If I'm not mistaken, summer of pain's last week also had completion and exploration rewards in addition to the milestone rewards. Wonder if Eternity of pain will also have completion rewards on the last week?
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Noobda said:

Only on Internet Forums can a guy literally state a fact and then immediately get a Disagree.
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

Noobda said:

Only on Internet Forums can a guy literally state a fact and then immediately get a Disagree.
    We have no reason to expect a straight line path. There could be portals or zigzags. /s
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

K00shMaan said:

Noobda said:

We have no reason to expect a straight line path. There could be portals or zigzags. /s
    I think he meant to say we got to do all 4 fights from past 4 weeks for completion