**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Battle Grounds make AW and AQ redundant?

BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
As per the title, could BG end up making team events like AW and AQ redundant?

So assuming Kabam find a way to get rid of the cheaters/mods i personally find BG to be far more enjoyable to participate in than AW and AQ. Unlike AW/AQ you can participate anytime and the current rewards in the BG store are not too shabby. I expect when BG is fully ready to be rolled out I think the loot will be superior to what most players earn from AW and AQ Glory store (unless you are at the tip of spear AW/AQ player)

Thoughts?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    If there’s be ranked rewards at one point maybe it gets better. Atm it nice to have a store.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★
    Battlegrounds is better than doing aw and aq imo
    since aw and aq require teamwork and because of some people not doing their assigned work as a part of team, the whole team and Ally pays
    While in Battlegrounds we do things on our own and get rewards in that op store for it
    And we are not bound to play 5 matches and can do it anytime we want as long as we have energy
    And since battlegrounds is still in beta phase we can hope for improvements and maybe ranked rewards(expected since we are being shown our ranks)
    Gmonkey said:

Hope they never do ranked rewards piloting and cheating will be on full display. Also puts spenders at massive advantage vs not spenders.

True as AW already and AQ is massive influence with prestige but BG u can beat one you may be way better skill and til win against 6 star r3 so it could work a lot better unfortunately pilots wil always be there
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Bulmkt said:

So assuming Kabam find a way to get rid of the cheaters/mods i personally find BG to be far more enjoyable to participate in than AW and AQ. Unlike AW/AQ you can participate anytime and the current rewards in the BG store are not too shabby. I expect when BG is fully ready to be rolled out I think the loot will be superior to what most players earn from AW and AQ Glory store (unless you are at the tip of spear AW/AQ player)

Thoughts?

BG costs way to much energy, and the things in the shop cost way to much
    Ceder said:

Bulmkt said:

Thoughts?

A few things do’s cost a lot but the sig stones isn’t one of theme
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Glory is something that will probably never be redundant & bcoz of that people will keep playing AQ even though most of us absolutely hate it
    With AW I suspect many people will leave bcoz they can't keep up with loyalty costs & don't want to play by dying & reviving to 40% bcoz that increases death count & reduces chances of winning
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    War and AQ is literally the definition of redundant. Has been forever
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

War and AQ is literally the definition of redundant. Has been forever

I think you are right
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    BG gets extremely boring, won’t make aq/aw obsolete. People can easily do all three. BG also has the problem of using questing energy. I personally won’t do BGs when new content comes out that require energy.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I don't think BG will compete with AQ and AW, I think it will compete with story content. More accurately, I think it will be something to spend your energy (and maybe units) on during the lulls between big story content releases. Such as now, if you've explored Act 7. At least that's what I'm hoping for given that they've tied it to the same energy as story content.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    BGs really should have their own energy like aw and aq.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I didn't care too much for battlegrounds at first. Then once I started strategizing and giving it my best shot it was incredibly fun. I would agree it is better than AQ and AW but I don't think the game modes are redundant. One effects a team and the other is just you. Totally different stakes.
    Tks for everyone’s responses

For me, this will be the last time I part take in season AW

I’ll still participate in AQ just so I have a regular amount of glory pts.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Hope they never do ranked rewards piloting and cheating will be on full display. Also puts spenders at massive advantage vs not spenders.

If there aren't some sort of rank rewards I don't see the mode surviving long term. Stronger players will just continue to tank rating on purpose to make milestones easier to get and that will just drive out any mid range players from even participating long term.

Maintaining as high a rank as possible absolutely needs to be incentivized.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It won`t. AQ and AW is something you can do alongside questing without any additional units/refill cost. You cannot do that with Battlegrounds.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Ceder said:

Bulmkt said:

Thoughts?

So I actually crunched the numbers. If you win 50% of your matches in BG, complete all play a match objectives but no more, and achieve the 4th Milestone for winning matches these are the results. You basically can get the exact same rewards for the same energy in the BG Store as you can get from exploring Cavalier EQ (roughly 1350 energy). It's very similar. But that's where the value really starts to kick in as you can continue to do more BG instead of exploring Uncollected EQ and get far more value for your energy. Obviously same can be said for lower difficulties as well. This is also separate to the fact that you have far more choice about what rewards you actually get in the BG Store than in EQ Rewards. My point is that if you account for the fact the at some point there will also be ranked rewards in addition to the store, you'll realize the rewards are actually very competitive compared to the most comparable content that also uses energy being EQ. There are a lot of people who farm revives every month with energy, I don't think energy is a problem with the game mode.
    K00shMaan said:

Ceder said:

Bulmkt said:

Thoughts?

So I actually crunched the numbers. If you win 50% of your matches in BG, complete all play a match objectives but no more, and achieve the 4th Milestone for winning matches these are the results. You basically can get the exact same rewards for the same energy in the BG Store as you can get from exploring Cavalier EQ (roughly 1350 energy). It's very similar. But that's where the value really starts to kick in as you can continue to do more BG instead of exploring Uncollected EQ and get far more value for your energy. Obviously same can be said for lower difficulties as well. This is also separate to the fact that you have far more choice about what rewards you actually get in the BG Store than in EQ Rewards. My point is that if you account for the fact the at some point there will also be ranked rewards in addition to the store, you'll realize the rewards are actually very competitive compared to the most comparable content that also uses energy being EQ. There are a lot of people who farm revives every month with energy, I don't think energy is a problem with the game mode.
    Tks for the contribution. My thinking was the same