**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you think the minimum number of champs is to make most other champs obsolete

limeade31limeade31 Posts: 88
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
Just a random thought I had when thinking about the balance of this game. What would the smallest possible roster of champs be while still being able to counter most nodes and situations in the game? How many would you need so that you can do everything, any any other champs would be obsolete? I'm saying almost because they'll always be a few very rare scenarios where certain champs will do much better. Varient content doesn't count since the restrictiveness would kinda ruin the premise. Depending on the champ damage output can be considered nessusary if it let's you dominate certain champs like torch or magneto or is utility by makes fights much faster(and therefore less risky) like cgr or cable.

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I use a simple rule! 3 for aq, 5 for war defense, 3 for war attack, 5 to quest (7 total for 2 alternates) a total of 18.
    But diversity in war will be a challenge if you are limited to only those. That is the base or min i always suggest to my roster challenged/limited alliance members. Max out and focus on 18 solid champs!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    There are sone champs that counter a ton of fights: Torch, Mags, Nimrod, Falcon, for example. That takes care of mystics, metal champs, mutants, champs with regen, and evade champs. They also counter incinerate, bleed, Havok's detonations, and a lot of nodes where defensive AAR is important. I'd add a debuff shrugger like Kingpin or Mole God, a champ or two that counters having their debuffs puirified (Apoc, for example), and then add Ghost, Quake, Herc, Doom.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    limeade31 said:

How many would you need so that you can do everything

The question is really how many would *you* need to do everything. There's no answer to the question of how many would be necessary for everyone else, because the range of skill in the playerbase is several orders of magnitude wide. There are things the average player cannot do with a team of rank 4s that other players can do with one 2* champ. So the idea of what is necessary for the content is really unanswerable. It is really what is necessary for the player.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    To echo the above, the better you are the less champs you need.

I need a lot.